Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is this what temple re-growth looks like?

First off, I have to apologize that I don't have any good "before" temple pictures to compare these too.

The left and right photos are of my worst side, the right side. It has had an "arch" to it where the hair was receeding further but in the past two weeks my temples seem to be filling in as there are thicker, small hairs everywhere.

I have been on fin for over a year but only started minox again a month ago, applying it generously to my temples. I only started using Nizoral again about a month ago too when it came back in stock.

So, for those lucky few of you who re-grew your temples, is this what it looked like?

My bald spot at the crown has filled in well too and I will post pics later.

http://hairregrowth.shutterfly.com/pictures/8

Re: Is this what temple re-growth looks like?

Yeah thats what regrowth looks like! you're in the clear for the next 5 years at least!
    It's the bolt, it's the buzz, it's the sheer f*ck offness of it all

Thanks! I could dance right now out of happiness if I wasn't in the Uni computer lab haha.

My bangs thinned out considerably a couple months before I started minoxidil on them and, my hair being long, they're still thin. Hopefully by Summer they'll be full again.

I really think the Nizoral was what really kicked the results in because minox never did anything for them before. I never realized how influential Nizoral really was.

Are you using Nizoral daily Thom? Lately I have been using it every night and I think it is helping (it dries out my hair to much so I cant use it in the morning which is what I would prefer to do because I use other topicals at night)

Either use nizoral 1% and/or condition well with a good conditioner or apple cidar vinager and/or whilst hair is towl dry ie not fully dry rub a little emu oil in you palm and fingers and massage that in. Hair will fell silky smooth and ful of moisture
    It's the bolt, it's the buzz, it's the sheer f*ck offness of it all

I usually use Nizoral Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, so 3 times a week. I can't remember what conditioner I use but it is a good kind without sulphates or drying chemicals. Had to go to the women's lotion section of the store to find it haha. I think my scalp is extra sensitive to chemicals in regular shampoos and conditioners.

I might try the emu oil. Having long hair, that could work quite well.

I have no beginning picture to base this off of but if those are some vellus hairs turned thick then good job! I bet you're stroked. I waited to start minox after 5 months of propecia which I believe possibly helps the original monoxide shed. The two go hand and hand. Rogaine stimulates re-growth, helping you speed up the growth cycles while propecia maintains and thickens the new growth. I developed pretty bad dandruff from propecia which certainly was skewing the effects. Nizoral has worked wonders and is certainly an important team player in the big 3. The temples are the most important area for some of us so great job man, let us know how you're doing at your 3-4th month of minox.

Thanks! I wish I had some good photos to compare it to but my hard drive with all of my old photos crashed. I got it backed up but I have to wait to get it fixed. Until then I use the computer's at school.

You can kind of see where thae arch was on the left side and it was a great deal higher than the right. I feel like those photos make it look a tad more dense than it is but the fact that hair is there is great in itself. I still don't know why I had problems with the right side and not as much on the left. Wish I could speed up time to see how it fills in! Patience is not my virtue lol.

I'm amazed it came in this fact because last month was the worst shed of my life and I lost so much density to my hair. The part in my hair (it's shoulder length) got very wide but it seems to be filling in too. I hope to never experience such a shed again.

You might want to try a water softener shower filter with natural shampoos and conditioners for your "non-niz" days. It's worked womders for my scalp itch.

I use niz 1% so I wash with it every other day. On my alternating days I use t sal for the sebhoric dermatitis affects.

Hey another question bud. I started Propecia about 5-6 months before minox. Ive been on minox for about three weeks and know a slight shed should be heading my way (not too concerned). Since you started propecia months before hand such as myself blocking that dht did you notice only a minor shed? Let me know about your experience with that. An antidht agent as well as a re-growth stimulant is certainly the best way to get as much hair back as possible and speed up the growth cycle to quicken the effects of propecia. More excited to be heading into my first month of monoxide than concerned with shedding. Thanks.