Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

BRYAN RU VS SPIRO

Bryan and others that have tried or using is spiro cream and a lotion from cem research of dutasteride 0.5% lotion as good as rum58841 as i have not tried any of these topicals i do not want to waste my money.

Re: BRYAN RU VS SPIRO

I think you'll get more replies if you stop putting "Bryan" in the subject line. There's only one product/line he's interested in anyway.

i think bryan has had experience of these products thats why i addressed it to him and (others) including you jacob?

Bryan have experience with dutasteride 0.5% or rum58841?

I'm sure others may jump in..that actually have used those..but getting advice....never-mind.....

Quote Originally Posted by tinytim30
    Bryan and others that have tried or using is spiro cream and a lotion from cem research of dutasteride 0.5% lotion as good as rum58841 as i have not tried any of these topicals i do not want to waste my money.
    I'm a little confused by what you're asking! The title of this thread says "BRYAN RU VS SPIRO", but your sentence above refers specifically to "rum58841". Which of those two drugs (regular RU58841, or the "rum" version of RU58841) are you speaking about? I've never used either of those versions of RU58841 (or topical dutasteride, for that matter), although I've certainly used versions of topical spironolactone. I think it's fairly clear that topical spiro isn't as effective as RU58841 (not sure about the "rum" version), but as far as I know, there's nothing I've ever seen in medical journals about the use of topical dutasteride.
    1) No, damnit, finasteride for hairloss was NOT an "accidental discovery".
    2) No, you do NOT have to use minoxidil and Retin-A at the same time.
    3) No, washing your skin does NOT make it produce more sebum.

ok is ru58841 and rum would you say both as affective?and is there any reason why you have not tried ru? is there a safety issue with these experimental treatments?and if you use ru or rum you would need to use some form of regrowth product such as minox.
    Another thing what about minox vs L oreals aminexil?

ok is ru58841 and rum would you say both as affective?
    Don't know for sure. You and I have probably both seen the study on the "rum" version of RU58841 which has been posted by some of those other guys on this site (the ones who are busy getting access to it). The study they presented appeared to make it seem like it's good stuff, but it would be nice see some additional studies on it!

and is there any reason why you have not tried ru? is there a safety issue with these experimental treatments?
    I personally haven't used it for two different reasons:

1) When I was trying various different things for my hair a few years ago, RU58841 was just too expensive for me. Too expensive, and too difficult to obtain.

2) The only access I had to it at that time was from the Chinese companies that everybody talks about nowadays, and I was nervous (make that VERY nervous!) that I could trust those companies to produce a chemical which I was going to be putting on my head every day! What if those companies weren't very careful about their methods? What if there were dangerous IMPURITIES in their versions of RU58841 (the chemical synthesis of RU58841 uses phosgene, by the way). Obviously, I wouldn't have much legal recourse, if any really bad things happened in a company in China, for God's sake!

and if you use ru or rum you would need to use some form of regrowth product such as minox.
    It might help, but I would consider the antiandrogenic effect of the RU58841 to be the most important thing.

Another thing what about minox vs L oreals aminexil?
    A few years ago, a really excellent review article was written by Drs. Sawaya and Shapiro, who gave their opinions on a great many substances which hadn't been officially approved by the FDA for treating hair loss. One of the things they reviewed was "aminexil", and they spoke about it rather harshly and critically (I can tell you exactly what they said, if you want me to find it for you). They said it needed to be tested in ways that were similar to how companies have tested topical minoxidil; they seemed to find it too difficult to believe the alleged claims about aminexil.
    1) No, damnit, finasteride for hairloss was NOT an "accidental discovery".
    2) No, you do NOT have to use minoxidil and Retin-A at the same time.
    3) No, washing your skin does NOT make it produce more sebum.

As I was saying doke.....

Wouldn't it be interesting if they tested some other things..."mysterious" or not.
    They said it needed to be tested in ways that were similar to how companies have tested topical minoxidil; they seemed to find it too difficult to believe the alleged claims about aminexil.
    Makes sense to me. The same should apply to Proxiphen and even the individual non-minox ingredients.

many thanks are you jacob and bryan tempted to try rum as there is an american supplier i here? and what about omg laser therapy as he still seems to think it can help.