Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Never a NW 1

Never a NW 1

Anyone else here who can honestly say that they've always had receded looking hairlines? I think I've been an NW 1.5 all my life.

UK the Home of the worst HT surgeons in the world

Re: Never a NW 1

Lucky you I was never less than a NW2.
    *Voice of reason on HLT since 2007*
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    I don't need to marry the woman I'll get HM for that. just need to have fun for a month till she finds out, and have a fast turnover rate if she dumps me. If the piece looks good turnover shouldnt b a issue. Just break contact with her & her friends if she has a bigmouth
    it is not your lack of drink, but muscles or face thats the reason. The only reason they'd want you to drink is so you focus on that and dont hit on them I don't even go to partys, at least not till I get more muscle on my arms.

i had a very strange uneven hairline. one temple was nw 1 the other nw 2.
    and i couldn't understand why certain hairstyles looked strange on me.

While never an NW1, I bet you still have more hair on your head than me today. If you are nw2 in your thirties then pardon me if I don't feel sorry for your never having a black guys hairline.
    Lets face it, confidence will never frame your face properly....a girl can't run her fingers through your confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by uncomfortable man
    While never an NW1, I bet you still have more hair on your head than me today. If you are nw2 in your thirties then pardon me if I don't feel sorry for your never having a black guys hairline.
    Is it really necessary for you to hijack everyone else's posts by basically stating 'but i have it worse'? Hair loss isn't a disease but the mental effects of the loss can be real - everybody experiences that differently - some guys don't care about going completely bald, some guys are devastated at a slightly receded hairline or some asymmetry. Just because someone might not have the same level of hair loss as you, doesn't necessarily mean that their suffering or experience from it has been any better or any worse. My dad who is NW7 would have been amazed by the posts on here and tell you guys to get over it because he wouldn't understand that level of insecurity.

Sorry but I really don't like how there are a few posters here (not just you) who think that if someone isn't NW6 then they have no right to be talking about their fears or experiences of hair loss and even are blunt enough to state that opinion in quite a rude way.

I was freaking Norwood -1, hard to imagine a kid not having a norwood 1, anyone get pics?

Quote Originally Posted by gh05
    Is it really necessary for you to hijack everyone else's posts by basically stating 'but i have it worse'? Hair loss isn't a disease but the mental effects of the loss can be real - everybody experiences that differently - some guys don't care about going completely bald, some guys are devastated at a slightly receded hairline or some asymmetry. Just because someone might not have the same level of hair loss as you, doesn't necessarily mean that their suffering or experience from it has been any better or any worse. My dad who is NW7 would have been amazed by the posts on here and tell you guys to get over it because he wouldn't understand that level of insecurity.

Sorry but I really don't like how there are a few posters here (not just you) who think that if someone isn't NW6 then they have no right to be talking about their fears or experiences of hair loss and even are blunt enough to state that opinion in quite a rude way.
    There is a fundamental difference between worried about HL only you notice vs. everybody noticing. Last time I checked people weren't yelling baldy to nw2s out their car window. Point is he is safe from public ridicule while I am not, no matter how bad he may feel about his temple recession. He is safe.
    Lets face it, confidence will never frame your face properly....a girl can't run her fingers through your confidence.

[quote=uncomfortable man]
    Quote Originally Posted by gh05
    Quote Originally Posted by "uncomfortable man":3mljsgo0

There is a fundamental difference between worried about HL only you notice vs. everybody noticing. Last time I checked people weren't yelling baldy to nw2s out their car window. Point is he is safe from public ridicule while I am not, no matter how bad he may feel about his temple recession. He is safe.[/quote:3mljsgo0]

Really, is that the best, most practised response you can give?

Was it directed at me? Excuse me if not. By now I am heavily diffused NW2. And I'm 21. And I think I'll be in the same condition as you by reaching your age if things will not improove. I'm not here to make enemies with you UM, you're one of my favorite posters. HL still has devastated me a lot. I was sure I would be the last guy in the universe who would expirience this crap.

There is a fundamental difference between worried about HL only you notice vs. everybody noticing. Last time I checked people weren't yelling baldy to nw2s out their car window. Point is he is safe from public ridicule while I am not, no matter how bad he may feel about his temple recession. He is safe.
    I think we live in a bit different places for that matter. I couldn't imagine anyone just rampaging on a bald guy on a street where I am at. And I couldn't care less if it happends to me. What matters to me is that I love my hair and I love feeling it. I would never argue that you're in a worse position than me right now. I didn't even provoke you in any way, bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus2011
    actually thats a rly good response gh, theres a GIANT difference between hair loss only YOU notice versus hair loss EVERYONE ELSE notices
    No, it wasn't a good response at all. There is no excuse for jumping down someone's throat who has every right to vent about their own situation based on how they FEEL about their hair loss.

A NW7 might feel f'n great about his appearance and a NW2 may feel terrible because some hair loss has affected his self esteem hugely.

The fear of hair loss to someone just beginning it (especially while in a difficult period of their lives) may cause just as much as much trauma as someone who is fully bald and has been teased or even ridiculed because of it. Until you are in that persons shoes then you do not know. Personally, for me I have OCD issues and that couples with the trauma I experienced from being told I was beginning to go bald (although not easily noticeable to most people) was horrific at a time in my life when my confidence was already very low. I could spend six hours in the mirror a day before finally smashing it over my head, distressed and exhausted. Other bald members of my family or friends, perfectly content with themselves and accepting of their appearance would have no idea or ability to understand that strength of feeling from either a bit or a lot of hair loss. Different people are going through different things - maybe it's somebody who has had their partner leave them, lost their job or whatever and their problems might manifest itself with worry/insecurity about hair loss - whether that be someone starting out (fear of the unknown or inability to accept an asymmetrical hair line or early bald spot), or someone who is completely bald and recently decided they hate it because they are now newly single for example and are feeling less confident.

Some of the most confident people I know are completely bald - I'm sure they are not exempt from the odd 'baldy' taunt but they manage just fine. My point is that the physical is not the problem - it is the mental reaction and it annoys me when I see posters like UCMan and others jumping down others throats for moaning despite not being 'as bald as them'. Frankly, the 'wait until you have it as bad as me' is just pathetically bitter.