Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Talking topicals

Most people agree finasteride or dut are the best two treatments to go for in terms of slowing down hairloss and maybe getting some regrowth but what would some forum members believe to be the best topical DHT inhibitor excluding RU? As RU is rather expensive, has to be mixed yourself and doesn't have many sources to buy it from I would like to here other alternatives.

Some I've heard of include:
    Revivogen
    Topical Fin
    Flutamide
    Spironolactone
    Eucapil

There maybe more but thats off the top of my head. I read a few studies saying Revivogen inhibited DHT by 90% but I believe the tests were done in a petri dish wish always raises concerns due to the obvious differences between test tubes and human scalps. I have actually used both topical fin and spiro with ok results. Basically I'm at a stage now where I have almost regrown my lost hair and am now looking towards the future and maintenance. With topical fin and spiro I lose roughly 50-65 hairs a day which is good considering before treatments I lost about 160 - 180 a day but I know more can be done. It can be considered normal to lose 100 hairs a day but I never lost anywhere near that BEFORE MPB (I lost maybe 2-3 hairs when washing my hair before MPB, 80 hairs when experiencing MPB and about 30 every wash nowadays so I know DHT is still having an effect). I realise I can't inhibit all dht and don't want to as its so important in the body in many ways but on the scalp I want to inhibit as much as possible. I may get on RU in the future when the price comes down and you can buy it pre made/mixed but for now I'm looking for other options. I also may start on oral finasteride but seeing how it reduces DHT in the body as well as the scalp and knowing how important DHT in the body is for such things as the brain I'm apprehensive to say the least.

I know its a long post and I thank people for reading and hopefully responding. Also if parts don't make sense or I've misspelt its probably because I'm tired and its half 12. Just ask me if ypu don't understand a part.

Re: Talking topicals

I see you include Tricomin in your list, even though to the best of my knowledge, there's nothing in it which acts as a "DHT inhibitor" (I'm speaking loosely, just using the same expression that you used). If you've deliberately decided to mention and include products that don't specifically do very much to androgens, then I'd certainly add Prox-N and Proxiphen to the list (even though Proxiphen does contain spironolactone). Those are powerful concoctions which attack balding in ways which have nothing specifically to do with androgens (except for the spiro, of course). Not to include those two products in your list would be a BIG oversite.
    1) No, damnit, finasteride for hairloss was NOT an "accidental discovery".
    2) No, you do NOT have to use minoxidil and Retin-A at the same time.
    3) No, washing your skin does NOT make it produce more sebum.

Bryan is a shill for Proctor and his products. He's been shill 'n spam'n the crap for 15+ years. There are plenty of doctors with hair loss products out there. With patents on their ingreds/products as well. In fact, one of those doctors..Dr. Lee..for all these years.. has been bashed and ridiculed and questioned by Bryan. Bryan wants us to just trust and believe Proctor because he's a Dr, but isn't consistent when it comes to other Drs. There is no evidence for Proctor's/Bryan's claims or wishes. Not only has Proctor not said which specific cu peptides are used, but he and Bryan also talk about "mysterious ingredients" that are not in the ingreds list(s). Snake-oil talk that is supposed to get you even more excited about the products. The same goes for their- "better bang for the buck" talk regarding getting the non-prescription products from places outside of Proctor's website. They want you to believe those cheaper versions are lite/watered-down...are you really going to purchase a lite/watered-down version of a product for something so difficult to treat as MPB? Buy the "more potent" crap directly from Proctor and he makes a bit more money. For all the reasons above..he should have been laughed out of these forums years ago.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact...p?f=11&t=72201

To the obnoxious poster who calls himself "Jacob":

Is that all you're going to say when I cite what may be the best available MPB treatment ever made? Something designed and produced by a doctor (both an MD and a PhD)? Where the hell did YOU go to medical school, to be able to have an opinion like what you wrote above?

It's all true..and it's all that needs to be said.

Bryan is a shill for Proctor and his products. He's been shill 'n spam'n the crap for 15+ years. There are plenty of doctors with hair loss products out there. With patents on their ingreds/products as well. In fact, one of those doctors..Dr. Lee..for all these years.. has been bashed and ridiculed and questioned by Bryan. Bryan wants us to just trust and believe Proctor because he's a Dr, but isn't consistent when it comes to other Drs. There is no evidence for Proctor's/Bryan's claims or wishes. Not only has Proctor not said which specific cu peptides are used, but he and Bryan also talk about "mysterious ingredients" that are not in the ingreds list(s). Snake-oil talk that is supposed to get you even more excited about the products. The same goes for their- "better bang for the buck" talk regarding getting the non-prescription products from places outside of Proctor's website. They want you to believe those cheaper versions are lite/watered-down...are you really going to purchase a lite/watered-down version of a product for something so difficult to treat as MPB? Buy the "more potent" crap directly from Proctor and he makes a bit more money. For all the reasons above..he should have been laughed out of these forums years ago.

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact...p?f=11&t=72201

And my apologies to the original poster..but this needs to be pointed out when he shills 'n spams the crap.

I can list a # of products if they don't have to be entirely or even mostly "anti-dht".

BTW..if you want to go by credentials..check out this guy and his products: http://www.hairandscalp.com/index.php

Dr. Kingsley is an adjunct member of the American Academy of Dermatologist. He is the only trichologist in the world to have been granted membership to this prestigious organization.
    Dr. Kingsley is the only trichologist in North America with a PhD in hair loss research. He attained his PhD through the University of Portsmouth (U.K.)
    Dr. Kingsley is the President of the World Trichology Society, and is a member of the North American Hair Research Society, The Trichological Society, and the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery, among several other boards and organizations.
    Dr. Kingsley's patients include famous actors, actresses, musicians, and well-known dignitaries.

Keep writing that garbage, Jacob; you may eventually be out of here, if you keep that up.

To avoid any confusion putting Tricomin on the list was my mistake. I am looking soley for DHT inhibitor advice and not info on growth stimulants. I shouldn't have included Tricomin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan
    Keep writing that garbage, Jacob; you may eventually be out of here, if you keep that up.

See..there you go again. You go running around these forums saying you can say anything you want, and now you're even threatening me like you run this place.

Let's see how easy it is- Keep writing that garbage, Bryan; you may eventually be out of here, if you keep that up.

fin..only a shill says something like that. As you've probably noticed..ppl that spam these forums keep saying the same nonsense, even when called on it. They do it as long as they're able to. For as long as they can get away with it. So the question still remains....