Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Re: ok, lets get real here, no more fakers/trolls

1. NW3
    2. 34
    3. 5 years
    4. I use a few different shampoos. I tried fin and minox in the past and I had side effects with both. Plus, multivitamins and acceptance.

1. NW2.5 hairline but also thinning all over, not sure in which pattern exactly but the whole front/top/crown is getting thinner.

2. 30 years old

3. My hair loss is still unnoticeable to most people. It's probably because I have a small forehead so the recession looks normal for someone of my age, plus I'm quite tall so not many people get a chance to see the top view of my hair under direct sunlight. The other day I was sitting down and my mom commented how "you can really tell your hair is getting thinner" so just a matter of time before it becomes noticeable to more people.

4. Currently using fin and a keto shampoo although I'm not convinced the latter does anything for hair loss but I still use it. I tried Minox but even if it wasn't for the side effects I was experiencing I would have quit anyway. Messy stuff that requires way too much effort to apply twice a day for the rest of your life and with very questionable results as well.

My plan is to get a scalp micropigmentation procedure done in the future, possibly when my hairline goes beyond NW3. It seemed like the most ridiculous idea ever at first but even with all its downsides I've decided it's still the best option for me. HT's are too expensive with unsatisfactory results for my liking and I could never ever wear a wig.

1. nw2.5 , diffues nw6
    2. 21
    3. 9 years (went from nw1 to nw2 at 12)
    4. dut, fin, min, niz, rentin a and to cope ~ a healthy diet, reg exercise & having a very short hair cut (i'm too anxious otherwise)

1. NW6
    2. 26 (was NW6 @ 23)
    3. started loosing @ 19
    4. Currently Using Hair systems (wigs) to cover my baldness.
    Halifax puts the average price at 163,845 in December 2012.
    The Land Registry's report showed the average home in England and Wales worth 158,94
    The average home in England and Wales according to Nationwide is worth 162,262.
    Average UK house price rose to 162,000 last year, says the Land Registry.
    Halifax said the average UK house price rose to 168,521 in March.

My parents place is worth 350K, thus it is well within upper middle of the housing market.

1. nw 2,5 with some crown thinning, no bald spot yet
    2. 24
    3. realized i was balding at 21, but im positive it started earlier.
    4. not really on any treatments, because basically all the money i got is spent on my other issues, but a wig is not out of question in the future.

1. NW2 thinning around forelock into NW3. Hair in back and sides ridiculously dense which only serves to make the recession and thinness in the front more obvious

2. 28 - face like a 20 year old, hair like your average 40 year old.

3. Complete temple loss at 16. Hairline stayed in the same place always been naturally high, but its continually gotten thinner as is the nature of the bastard.

4. Big 3 - Attempting to be happy with maintaining, they are definately helping, but as i have so much hair except in the frontal 3rd the temptation for a HT is incredibly strong, 2000 grafts would give me a great head of hair. Could get it done this summer, keep threatening to book it and then keep pussying out.

1. NW4 (NW5 thinning)

2. 25

3. 6 years. NW3 at 19 years old.

4. 2 THs total 3600 grafts. Flutamide twice daily, Retin-A once daily. Currently back to NW1.5
    My regimen:
    A mixture of minoxidil 5%, azelaic acid 5%, bicalutamide 1%
    6 ml two times a day

^ Do you have pics? I'd like to see how good your HT's are for 3600 grafts. And I see you're not on fin? I always hear how you "have to be on fin if you had a HT"
    Bugger.

1. NW2 with incredibly high forehead which I always had. ~80% of my temples completely gone and I am diffusing in an NW5 pattern.

2. 21.

3. I've been having hairloss since 19 and a half. "Noticable" Since 20 year old.

4. I am not using any medical treatments. Just watching over my hair hygiene as I always did. Washing it regulary.

Quote Originally Posted by ghg
    ^ Do you have pics? I'd like to see how good your HT's are for 3600 grafts. And I see you're not on fin? I always hear how you "have to be on fin if you had a HT"
    Yup I have a thread in the tell your story section, bu I have curly hair so when dry it provides better coverage. But then again you are a diffuser so a HT will yeld better results as the density will be spread evenly across the thinning scalp.

As for the treatement, I don't want to try fin after reading all those horror stories so I was searching for an alternative. Can't say if it is working or not, but as far as I can tell my situation has not worsened after aobut 6 months of using my regime(mainly flutamide, just recently added retin-a because of its androgen receptor reducing capability).

BTW no sides from topical flutamide.
    My regimen:
    A mixture of minoxidil 5%, azelaic acid 5%, bicalutamide 1%
    6 ml two times a day