Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments

Rogain foam starting to leave white residue when I apply

Hello everybody. I wanted some feedback on possibly the proper way of applying Rogain foam. Ive been using it for about 2 months without any problems/side effects. Now, for some reason its starting to leave a white residue when I apply it. Morning/nights I apply to towel dry hair parting my hair in three sections; left, middle, right. Once I start to massage it into scalp there is a white residue. I dont apply all at once. I part hair to left/apply, middle/apply, right/apply. Im not sure if Im using too much and thats why its doing this. Also I keep my hair short, like military, but its always been like that. Im using the Big 3 along with Revivogen shampoo. Not sure if I need to start using Nizoral or Revivogen more often. Im just now starting to see results except for this concern I have. When I see the white residue it looks like its on my hair, not the scalp. So Im concerned that its not absorbing into the scalp anymore. After 20 mins. or so, I comb my hair back and the white residue goes away. Anybody have some ideas?
    Thanks.

Re: Rogain foam starting to leave white residue when I apply

This is common. Maybe you just didn't notice it at first? It probably is unabsorbed minoxidil, but that's unavoidable and won't make a difference as long as you're trying your best to get it on the scalp. Most say that it's best to part the hair where you're going to apply it, but it depends what type of hair loss you have.