Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Minoxidil applications,discussion.

There is a legend about minoxidil and his applications.So..if no one knows how exactly minoxidil is working,so how can he say that if you use it more often you will have no greater results...on my kirkland bottle there is a letter which says : "using more or more often will not improve results",OK.I will agree that there were a lot of studies about minoxidil,but there is something that we lose here...i will understand too,if someone of you say that i am not a doctor,and the people who developed this product,know more than me...ok if we must follow this,so no one should use minoxidil on top and on hairline..but it works there right?And what about,that it's told NOT FOR USE BY WOMEN,but as we know women use even the 5% potion,so what's the problem ...between 5% and 2% ..the ingredient is the same,i dont believe that some lady will start minoxidil if she has no problems with her hair,so what is this bull**** that 5% is not for use by women,what? they will regrow TOO Much and become ALF? well come one,all of this is discovered by "US the users of the stuff....for example i am a diffuse thinner and if i should believe the company,i should not use minoxidil because it wouldn't be effective for me,but it was! so the same applies to finasteride,where it's told that has best results only on vertex...but it also regrows hair on top and hairline..but this another disscussion.So,to continue their research and studies it costs a lot of money.So i think that this is bull**** "Using more or more often will not improve results".So if minoxidil is not time dependent,so why can't we maintain with only 1 application per day? I will tell you why.Because this minoxidil ingredient has it's own life,and i am sure as hell,that if i have to choose between :

1 application per day / every 24 hours
    2 applications per day / every 12 hours
    3 applications per day / every 8 hours

i will deffinitely try the third option,so what do you guys think about it,well come on,how can they say that "using more or more often will not improve results",when they dont know how exactly minoxidil is working,and every person is different..as finasteride,it's told on theory how does finasteride work,and if we must follow that,so every person who is suffering from MPB,should be ok with fin,but practically it's not that way... and they say that you have to apply it twice per day,so what does it tells you,it tells you that minoxidil has duration.And i will try to apply it 3 times per/day...at least i dont loose anything right?
    My regimen :
    Finasteride 1.25mg/day.
    Nizoral 2% keto every day.
    Kirkland minoxidil 5% twice a day.

p.s Important detail of my day regimen : Drifting a BMW,changes my current NW to NW1.

Re: Minoxidil applications,discussion.

I'm not sure if there's a question in there, but I too am a diffuse thinner and I was looking at the bottle the other day. It says that Rogaine is less effective for large areas of hair loss. Seeing that the dose is the same for everyone and minoxidil is only effective in the immediate area that you put it on, could it be that the reason it is less effective is because diffuse thinners are trying to spread one dose over a larger area, resulting in less minoxidil per square inch of scalp? I've been thinking about doubling my dose for this reason.

I blame the FDA.

lol,dude do you really think that you can cover your scalp with 1 ml minox?i use between 2 - 2.5ml per application...
    My regimen :
    Finasteride 1.25mg/day.

p.s Important detail of my day regimen : Drifting a BMW,changes my current NW to NW1.

Quote Originally Posted by maximiliandreams
    There is a legend about minoxidil and his applications.So..if no one knows how exactly minoxidil is working,so how can he say that if you use it more often you will have no greater results...on my kirkland bottle there is a letter which says : "using more or more often will not improve results",OK.
    They said the same thing about 2% Rogaine, too, and we know now that was just a lot of baloney. It's just something that the FDA requires them to say, regardless of whether or not it makes any sense.
    1) No, damnit, finasteride for hairloss was NOT an "accidental discovery".
    2) No, you do NOT have to use minoxidil and Retin-A at the same time.
    3) No, washing your skin does NOT make it produce more sebum.

yea,but it's bull**** !
    My regimen :
    Finasteride 1.25mg/day.

Quote Originally Posted by maximiliandreams
    yea,but it's bull**** !
    That's what I just got through saying! ("Baloney" is English slang for "bull****".)

So guys what do you think... minox 3 times per day.every 8 hours?
    My regimen :
    Finasteride 1.25mg/day.

According to a few sources on the internet, topical minoxidil has a half-life of 22 hours. If this is true, you probably won't see any benefit from using it more than twice a day.

Quote Originally Posted by kc444
    According to a few sources on the internet, topical minoxidil has a half-life of 22 hours.
    Like I said in another thread, I avoid use of the term "half-life" with regard to a topical, because of the vagueness and uncertainty of what that's supposed to mean.

If the effects of minox wear off after 1.5-2 years, why do you need to continue usage to prevent the "minox hairs" from falling out? Apparently the minox doesn't help grow hair after that period.