Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments

What is my hairloss on NW scale?

What is my hairloss on NW scale? The recent picture:

Are there any options left for me...? I was shaving it bald through the summer but probably it doesn't look to good:

Re: What is my hairloss on NW scale?

Probably 3 Vertex.

You're most likely going to become NW6 eventually if you don't start treating your hairloss. Do some research about Finasteride and Minoxidil, both of which will help you prevent further loss and possibly grow some hair especially on the top of the head.

Hey, I think it looks much better shaved down, Have you considered MHT?

Firstly the look suits you so if you want to leave it alone and get on with life then that would be a fine choice but you do have options.

To begin with, you seem to have enough hair that if it was grown out a little you would be able to utilise concelealers. You would still appear to be receding but you would have some styling options. If you were happy with this look it would be wise to consider taking meds to preserve your hair and possibly regrow some more. These are finesteride, minoxidil and nizoral and i would advise you research these and make your mind up whether you consider them worth it. Its just that you will likely continue to bald and as this happens, you are limiting your options and over time, concealers will no longer have the desired effect.

If your still not happy with meds and concealers then you then have the hair transplant route. At this stage you still have plenty of hair but again you would need to get on meds for about a year before considering a HT as if meds do not work well for you then a HT would not be advisable.

To begin with you would need to get on meds for a year or so to see how they work for you, and then meet with some surgeons to plan your design and for the future. Bare in mind that route is a lifelong commitment to drugs and also probably more than one expensive surgery, so it is a huge commitment and can become somewhat consuming.

I would say they are all your options as well as those stated by previous posters, all of them viable, none of them ideal, its simply a case of what you feel is best for you. Best of luck

You have the same as Daniel Day-Lewis if you want to look at his hairstyles for ideas. NW3V seems to be what you have.