Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi everyone!

Hi everyone!

Hi all. My name's Alex. I'm almost 30 now and as of the last year or two have noticed a receeding hairline aswell as hair thinning out generally all-over, especially near front of scalp. One side looks like its going faster than the other!! Compared to some of the other stories on here I know mine is nothing much but hoping to learn from other posters and get some ideas on what to try next to slow down this procedure and hopefully get some hair back too..

So far I have used:

Regaine (UK name for 'Rogaine') liquid - not foam - 3/4 months last summer, no difference as far as I can tell
    Saw Palmetto - a month, had to discontinue as it gave me acne!!
    Vitamin E, Vitamin A, B3, B12 vitamins etc
    Currently take 1000mg of Vitamin C daily & Nourkrin 'Extra Strength' as of the last two months. Got just over 5 weeks to go before my 3 month course is finished. Haven't noticed any difference so far but not given up yet!! It says it takes 3 months approx to notice a difference..

Will update with info as and when I can and how I progress with current regime.

Re: Hi everyone!

Sounds like pretty much the same situation as mine and at the same age too. Have you considered Finasteride? I'd say those vitamins are very unlikely to halt your hair loss.

Kirby

Quote Originally Posted by Maystor
    I'd say those vitamins are very unlikely to halt your hair loss.
    Agreed; those Nourkrin tablets are a waste of money and won't do a thing for your hair.

Sounds like pretty much the same situation as mine and at the same age too. Have you considered Finasteride? I'd say those vitamins are very unlikely to halt your hair loss.
    Believe it or not I have never heard of 'Finasteride'! Is it something you have tried or would you recommend it?

Quote Originally Posted by duality8
    Believe it or not I have never heard of 'Finasteride'! Is it something you have tried or would you recommend it?

Finasteride is Propecia and is pretty much the only thing that effectively stop the progression of hairloss.

Thankyou Naltima I might just give this a try once I get to the end of my Nourkrin course. Hopefully it doesn't have side effects, I would prefer something natural but so far natural hasn't made much of a difference

Quote Originally Posted by duality8
    Thankyou Naltima I might just give this a try once I get to the end of my Nourkrin course. Hopefully it doesn't have side effects, I would prefer something natural but so far natural hasn't made much of a difference
    Hey!

Don't be fooled by 'natural alternatives.' They are not necessarily safer or better for you; everything comes from somewhere.

In the wise words of Tim Minchin, "Alternative Medicine has either not been proved to work, or been proved not to work. You know what they call "alternative medicine" that's been proved to work? Medicine."

Kirby

^ exactly. Wise words.

Nourkrin isn't proven to work. The only study of the product's effectiveness was carried out by the manufacturers, which should already sound alarm bells. It also has no anti-DHT properties, as found in 5a-reductase inhibitors, so cannot have any effect tackling male pattern hair loss.

Thanks for the above guys. Agree; wise words indeed! What drew me to Nourkrin was some of the reviews online. I know it's all a case of trial and error. You use one thing, find it doesn't work as promised and move onto the next! Well just a few weeks and the verdict will be in. Some things you have to give the required amount of time otherwise you will never know. Hmm let's see...

Kirby

Those reviews were most likely planted by Nourkrin's manufacturer. Seriously, it won't halt or slightly reverse hair loss, you're on a hiding to nothing popping very overpriced vitamin tablets without using the proven medications and treatments.