Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Re: Was anyone else here a loser even before hair loss?

Well, I'd say I was a semi-loser. I've always had a few friends, been active with sports etc. so I wouldn't cast myself as a total loser. Girls have never shown any interest towards me, though.
    Bugger.

you bet i was. I had hopes of changing that but those quickly dissappeared along with hair. Balding and health problems crushed me completely.

btw exodus how much do you weigh? you probably weigh more at 5'6 than i do at 5'8. You'd probably have a chance in a fight against me if that makes you feel better.

Beingbaldsucks

Until 19 I had long hair, in the army it started to fall radiccly from all the pressure, and bad hygeine. But I was allways the rejected kid, with very bad acne that later on continued to very bad red faced scars, when I think about that I didn't looked so bad, but my self esteem was in the bottom, I was in huge deppresion and sew myself as nobody, I had really dirty clothes and I smelled bad, my mom didn't functioned and my perents dident allowed me to wash my clothes, I hidden myself at home, actually I think I could have grow up otherwise if the people around me at school weren't the rich snob types that see someone that is weak and bullying him, and also the girls who loved to make fun about my face and clothes. Even when I improved my appearance I had the tagline of the wirdo allready. So yhea I never had a girlfriend, never kissed anyone, not to mention sex. Ironically now with receding hair I get more attention from girls more then ever. Not like a pretty boy but I talk with alot of girls nowdayes, sometimes I surprise myself when I get attention cuz I see myself as a freak, sometimes my low self esteem and fear ruining my chanches.

i think today you dont only have to count on looks and body strength, you can be successful using your brain, getting proper education and hard work! nothing comes easy, hard work MOST be applied! you can always change your life if you put your mind into it.

(a short story, i had a very close friend who came from an extremely poor family, divorced parents 4 brothers and a f'd up father, and bad genetics {that means although he is not bald, he is very unattractive and never had a girl in his life up to 27} last year he graduated uni with B.Sc - computer engineering and today he is 30 makes ****load of money, travles, he dated so many girls in the last year, lives alone, goes out every weekend, working out, dress well he looks 10 times better and 10 times happier, thanks to hard work and dedication! life is very dynamic and thankfully today we are able to change things around)
    "our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising each time we fall"

My thread

oh and dude, dont you already got your cpa/cpe? this alone should open some luxurious job opportunities {and put the "bald/butchered" argument you got ready in your cartridge aside, i know the field first hand, 90% of the accountants are bald/ugly/fat/nerdy looking/neurotic looking, so looks has ZERO to do with that, nor do age!}

My thread

I actually prefer myself now than before I started losing hair. Before I was 14 (and pretty much up until 16) I was fat, had really pale skin, looked like an ill 4 year old and went red every time someone would so much as look at me. I actually do pretty well these days and am slightly less awkward. Hip ho.

Loser here. No friends, no life, never touched/kissed a girl or been on a date. I'm 25
    My regimen:
    A mixture of minoxidil 5%, azelaic acid 5%, bicalutamide 1%
    6 ml two times a day

Quote Originally Posted by dudemon
    I am just about to get a full time job working in my old occupation ... as an auto mechanic, and I am puting the whole "accounting/4 year degree/university" crap behind me. I have to move on with my life and I am pretty much giving up on the accounting field. So far, it was nothing but a waste of time, money, and effort for me.
    What are you talking about!!?!?!??! you have any idea how much a cfo/accountant in an average company makes?! and the easy hours?? its better then high-tech! this is one of those professions that allows you to reach those nice high end salaries you read about in newspapers... and your going back to work as mechanic.... if this is the logic that drives you around no wonder no one would hire you

My thread

Yes and no...

I was very bright as a teenager and in my early 20s.. In my early adult life everything that could go wrong, went wrong. I was in a wrong relationship that affected every aspect of my life, at one point I couldn't see the light at the end of the tunnel and I felt like a loser. It had nothing to do with my hairloss...

Things are much better now, the only missing piece of the puzzle right now is a long term partner. Being single, I do get some female attention but they are the ones that are looking for a husband material and I haven't met the right one yet.

I still have to make one final push with regards to my career, I'm not completely satisfied with my current job. My biggest fear is that if I don't sort out my career and reach my full professional potential, I will feel like a loser for the rest of my life. I'm underemployed at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by Ori83
    Quote Originally Posted by dudemon
    I am just about to get a full time job working in my old occupation ... as an auto mechanic, and I am puting the whole "accounting/4 year degree/university" crap behind me. I have to move on with my life and I am pretty much giving up on the accounting field. So far, it was nothing but a waste of time, money, and effort for me.
    What are you talking about!!?!?!??! you have any idea how much a cfo/accountant in an average company makes?! and the easy hours?? its better then high-tech! this is one of those professions that allows you to reach those nice high end salaries you read about in newspapers... and your going back to work as mechanic.... if this is the logic that drives you around no wonder no one would hire you
    You are absolutely right about the accountants that work in big companies... Where I work, our accounted can't even afford to keep a car, he probably makes half the salary I make...

Accountants that don't make it, end up working in small to medium businesses where they use some sort of computer software to calculate income, taxes, expenses, etc. They are nothing more than computer operators.