Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Could eunuchs go bald?

My basic question is if a man was castrated or all androgens reduced to 0 before any hair loss at all could this man still go bald or have even slight temple recession ever in his life?
    Are there any recent examples of living people like this or maybe guys with androgen insensitivity?

Re: Could eunuchs go bald?

Mmm, this is a fun post. I think that unless he was super sensitive to dht then his hair would only experience normal age related thinning and hairline advancement as seen in old women. I would think the adrenals would put out enough t to cause some effect, if sensitive. Can't reduce t to nothing, you'd probably be really messed up.
    As for example, I remember from my genetics course the prof talked about a high frequency of a certain gene allele mutation that caused faulty 5ar type II; this was present in males from the dominican republic. These guys kept their hair perfectly. They also had immature male characteristics, like wang size.

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefg
    My basic question is if a man was castrated or all androgens reduced to 0 before any hair loss at all could this man still go bald or have even slight temple recession ever in his life?
    Are there any recent examples of living people like this or maybe guys with androgen insensitivity?
    they don't go bald. A famous philosopher noticed this a few ghousand years ago.
    Please err on the side of caution when thinking being of being rude. You never know a person's current set of circumstances.

UK the Home of the worst HT surgeons in the world

Nor do they grow facial or chest hair.
    *Voice of reason on HLT since 2007*
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    I don't need to marry the woman I'll get HM for that. just need to have fun for a month till she finds out, and have a fast turnover rate if she dumps me. If the piece looks good turnover shouldnt b a issue. Just break contact with her & her friends if she has a bigmouth
    it is not your lack of drink, but muscles or face thats the reason. The only reason they'd want you to drink is so you focus on that and dont hit on them I don't even go to partys, at least not till I get more muscle on my arms.

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefg
    Not from androgenetic alopecia. He might still go bald from getting cancer and having to take chemotherapy, or maybe other medical problems (really severe malnutrition, for example).
    1) No, damnit, finasteride for hairloss was NOT an "accidental discovery".
    2) No, you do NOT have to use minoxidil and Retin-A at the same time.
    3) No, washing your skin does NOT make it produce more sebum.

Yeah an interesting comment on the bottom of that page about how that guy was actually not bald on a different picture shortly before he died, and that picture might have been edited or changed. Also interesting how this comment says this eunuch had a mature hairline even with nearly all his testosterone removed but still had 30% of his baseline DHT.
    I think though men have other forms of androgens other then just testosterone and DHT so maybe removing all of them and increasing estrogen is what you need much like women have to not lose any hair.

"The last Eunuch in China did not go bald. This falsehood is being propagated on hair loss forums, mostly by people who have their own alternate theories for the etiology of AGA, and is based on a bad, overexposed, and maybe doctored picture on the cover of a book they’ve never read.

Look him up. There is one picture of him shortly before his death with the man who wrote his biography, and he has a full head of thick, but shortly cropped (which is why he looks bald) white hair.

Interestingly, however, he did develop a mature hair line, and since a castrate will have 30% of his baseline DHT and only 5% of his baseline T, this basically excludes T as the cause of at least his mature hair line…

… and probably everyone eles."

eunuchs cannot go bald from MPB, they could still suffer hair loss for other medical reasons though

The guy looks ancient...when you get that ****ing old things happen..the body breaks down..hair probably breaks down and stops growing too. Its not necessarily MPB...its being really ****ing old haha

Do they get mature hair lines if so what would caused that?