Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments

S5 cream vs. revivogen therapy

Hi, i'm new here, i want to start a regimen and plan on using rogaine foam and nizoral but also want to add a dht inhibitor/antiandrogen but can't decide between the s5 cream or revivogen. What do you guys recommend? Fin is not an option

Re: S5 cream vs. revivogen therapy

May as well flip a coin neither one is anywhere near as scientifically proven to work as propecia. I am in the camp that its either propecia or your fighting a losing battle. Maybe RU or CB if your rich could do the job but these other topicals just have no solid evidence they actually work.
    That being said I can completely understand trying to stay away from propecia. I think spiro has a stronger history of having a good chance to do something if it was formulated properly.

fin dut ru niz

You didn't mention not wanting to try dutasteride so... why not dutasteride?
    A Propecia a day keeps the hair transplant doctor away.

I wouldn't want anything that can cause side effects, that's y i'm leaning towards S5 or revivogen. Is there any other products you guys would recommend?

Kirby

Quote Originally Posted by Ben
    Almost everything has potential for side effects
    Unfortunately so: it's the same with all prescription medications.

Nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefg
    I am in the camp that its either propecia or your fighting a losing battle.
    Ummmm, even with Propecia, you're STILL fighting a losing battle... After 8-10years on Finasteride your temples will thin out and fall away, mark my words!

Hence the disclaimer on all packs of Propecia which mentions it can only maintain hair around the crown.
    Quote Originally Posted by seb View Post
    ha,yes these females(I use the term loosely) dont want too be straddled by some spiky-haired,pretty boy,they want too be abused,what better man,than a big,bald,monster.It feels damn good at the time,but when I have emptied my tea-bags,and back in the dark room I inhabit,then the shame,guilt,and emptiness begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Primo
    I am in the camp that its either propecia or your fighting a losing battle.
    Ummmm, even with Propecia, you're STILL fighting a losing battle... After 8-10years on Finasteride your temples will thin out and fall away, mark my words!

Hence the disclaimer on all packs of Propecia which mentions it can only maintain hair around the crown.
    Certainly possible your temples could go still, but your misinformed about propecia because they only tested it on the crown because that was most cost effective. It has been shown to work in the front also but merk did not study that so they can only claim the crown.
    Propecia is not the magic bullet we all know that, but its the best thing right now and the sooner you use it the better. Everyone reacts different there could be some guys that keep all the hair they started with 10 years later you just do not know.

Kirby

Propecia is not the magic bullet we all know that, but its the best thing right now and the sooner you use it the better. Everyone reacts different there could be some guys that keep all the hair they started with 10 years later you just do not know.
    That's my philosophy too: Propecia is a very flawed medication, but unfortunately it (and dut) are the best generally-available substance to take to prevent hair loss. Hopefully something far better will emerge in the next 5-10 years.

IMO,propecia is based on ..your own luck i guess
    My regimen :
    Finasteride 1.25mg/day.
    Nizoral 2% keto every day.
    Kirkland minoxidil 5% twice a day.

p.s Important detail of my day regimen : Drifting a BMW,changes my current NW to NW1.