Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments

Just out of curiosity

Is it/might it be possible in the next few years to restore a NW6 using hair transplant surgery?

Re: Just out of curiosity

Quote Originally Posted by dudemon
    RE: HM and hair stem cell possible future treatments.
    Replicel is about our best chance at this point, and they will not have ANYTHING available until AT LEAST 2015.
    A cure will most likely come much sooner than you think and not from a big pharma or an investor backed startup.

There are hundreds of universities across the world researching stem cells organ regeneration and other similar things. This is a fairly new are of study and progress is very rampant, you just have to read about it in medical journals and not on Google Finance.

They're probably not looking for a cure for baldness directly, but the cure will come as a bi-product of research about organ regeneration, cell regeneration and other related studies.

UK the Home of the worst HT surgeons in the world

Quote Originally Posted by Naltima
    Quote Originally Posted by dudemon
    RE: HM and hair stem cell possible future treatments.
    Replicel is about our best chance at this point, and they will not have ANYTHING available until AT LEAST 2015.
    A cure will most likely come much sooner than you think and not from a big pharma or an investor backed startup.

There are hundreds of universities across the world researching stem cells organ regeneration and other similar things. This is a fairly new are of study and progress is very rampant, you just have to read about it in medical journals and not on Google Finance.

They're probably not looking for a cure for baldness directly, but the cure will come as a bi-product of research about organ regeneration, cell regeneration and other related studies.
    You may be right about how it will come about but I'd still say 2015 is ridiculously optimistic, they'll be concentrating on using any breakthrough on healing people first then after that it'll be getting rid of wrinkles before hairloss. Also bearing in mind there has to be years of testing before its released on the public and even then at the beginning it will only be available by a select few at a ridiculous cost, I'd say we're looking at at least another 12 - 20 yrs.

But regarding HT's yes of course a NW6 is going to striggle to get a great result but many have enjoyed massive improvements. Look at JOetronic with less than 8000 grafts he went from bald to a good looking head of hair especially guys over 30 who can get (for their age) a totally normal looking head of hair.
    *Voice of reason on HLT since 2007*
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    I don't need to marry the woman I'll get HM for that. just need to have fun for a month till she finds out, and have a fast turnover rate if she dumps me. If the piece looks good turnover shouldnt b a issue. Just break contact with her & her friends if she has a bigmouth
    it is not your lack of drink, but muscles or face thats the reason. The only reason they'd want you to drink is so you focus on that and dont hit on them I don't even go to partys, at least not till I get more muscle on my arms.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis
    I wouldn't have thought there'd be enough donor for a NW6. Best you could hope for is the new generation of cell based therapies to either multiply any donor you do have, or stimulate dormant follicles to grow somehow.
    well said Chris, one should never give up hop though

Well about the question of the thread, the answer is: it depends. If you are a “clear head” NW 6 for many years (that means that most of your hair follicles in the recipient area are dead) then the hair thransplant surgery cannot do much for you. However if you have some hairs (even weak) in your recipient area, then, the HT can really help you in order to camouflage the bald area. Furthermore, If you look at my pictures in the forum (viewtopic.php?f=13&t=71604) you will see that I was a NW6 case (but with plenty of weak hairs scattered in the bald area) having planted around 5500 grafts and using mainly topical DHT blockers minox and fungoral, I become the person you can see in the last picture. My result: 70% HT 30% DHT blockers. So, once again, the answer to your question is: it depends.
    Past NW6, now NW2 with 6.217 grafts at DHI (minox 2ml/day + Spirolactone + fungoral 1/week)
    My results: http://imgur.com/a/hyVtt#0