Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MANE concealer?

Thumbs up MANE concealer?

Has anyone else in the U.S. used this concealer, and where did you buy it?

I ask this because another poster gave me a link in a different thread to a Mane site in the U.S. But now I have found another site that purports to be the U.S. Mane site, and I am now wondering which one is legitimate, or if either of them are, as the ManeUK site has no links or reference to either one of them.

The site I was given was: http://manespray.com/

The site I found was:http://maneamerica.com/

I suppose they could both be distributors of the product, but I always want to make sure I am not dealing with a bogus company before I send them money. And you would think that the "main" Mane site in the UK would have some sort of link to one or both of them in order to help customers in the U.S.
    They could make this a little easier.

UK the Home of the worst HT surgeons in the world

Re: MANE concealer?

There are much better concealers out there, the spray types are relics from the 80's.
    *Voice of reason on HLT since 2007*
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    I don't need to marry the woman I'll get HM for that. just need to have fun for a month till she finds out, and have a fast turnover rate if she dumps me. If the piece looks good turnover shouldnt b a issue. Just break contact with her & her friends if she has a bigmouth
    it is not your lack of drink, but muscles or face thats the reason. The only reason they'd want you to drink is so you focus on that and dont hit on them I don't even go to partys, at least not till I get more muscle on my arms.

Quote Originally Posted by s.a.f
    There are much better concealers out there, the spray types are relics from the 80's.
    Thanks, I have tried most of the others(Dermmatch, Toppik, Nanogen, etc), but I have recently started using my old bottle of Prothik again and since it worked like gang-busters and was quicker to apply, I just decided to ask about some other good spray-on type concealers, and MANE was one that was mentioned.

Messy or not, is it realistic? Nano isn't ideal for combing through as a lot comes off and you see track marks on your head. Does Mane make it look thicker and it looks as if it's easier to comb through to style? You users care to comment?

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit
    Messy or not, is it realistic? Nano isn't ideal for combing through as a lot comes off and you see track marks on your head. Does Mane make it look thicker and it looks as if it's easier to comb through to style? You users care to comment?
    There seems to be a lack of information concerning Mane. I haven't bought any yet, just for that reason. Not enough reviews by users on it.
    I ended up buying some more Prothik(which I am not totally happy with seeing as how they seem to have changed their formula and their cans and nozzles, but that is another story), but I am still looking for info on Mane or other good spray-on concealer.
    Though I hate the mess, I love the ease and quickness of applying, and the result(usually) of spray-ons.

There is very little info true, but I know and have heard many swear by it

Ben, what do you mean? You just spray and go... The video shows the whole head being combed doesn't it, Wondered how well that works for the 'real man on the street' and not their own marketing. Would love to see someone who isn't working for them show it being applied

Understood....

So on a very thinning crown, it would take some work then. I'd like something that works on it's own, instead of derm and fibres, and wondered whether that was it. Early days saw just fibred, then derm and fibres but it's a right pain now.

Hi,

I had a hair transplant in 2005, and after more balding i decided to look for a hair thickening option. I'm currently using Mane and so far so good. My wife says it looks the most natural from the ones i tried. im pretty sure i bought it from maneamerica.com

i hope this helps

I bought a can of Mane concealer and some kind of after spray (a kind of watery gel in a squirt bottle... I forget the name, but it was also made by Mane). I got them both from eBay and as far as I could tell, they were the genuine thing.

Although it did cover up most of my thin areas, it didn't look authentic. It was obvious is was sprayed on, especially since it's not so neat on the skin (the ears, the forehead etc).

I think the reason it didn't work for me is because I have thin hair (not just the balding type, I mean in general my hair is thin) so it was very obvious it was sprayed on. I also have short hair. It probably works better when the hair is longer.

I only bought it for my passport photo (haha, I know!) but never used it. Instead I used it as an undercoat for Halloween, where I had some dark hair spray but only in a tiny can, so I used most of the Mane to coat my hair first

UK the Home of the worst HT surgeons in the world

Alot depends on your skill in applying it, how much you use ect.
    *Voice of reason on HLT since 2007*
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    I don't need to marry the woman I'll get HM for that. just need to have fun for a month till she finds out, and have a fast turnover rate if she dumps me. If the piece looks good turnover shouldnt b a issue. Just break contact with her & her friends if she has a bigmouth
    it is not your lack of drink, but muscles or face thats the reason. The only reason they'd want you to drink is so you focus on that and dont hit on them I don't even go to partys, at least not till I get more muscle on my arms.