Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dont the temples eventually recede on almost everybody?

Its not just a male pattern baldness thing right?
    Please err on the side of caution when thinking being of being rude. You never know a person's current set of circumstances.

Re: Dont the temples eventually recede on almost everybody?

I read a statistic (probably BS, I don't know) from this balding blog a doctor was writing. It said that something around 95% of white males experience hair loss at some point in their life.

I've seen plenty of people who seem to have a 'Bryan Cranston" kinda hairline, and they have been able to maintain a full head of hair otherwise.

UK the Home of the worst HT surgeons in the world

Yes pretty much everyman on the planet will experience a slight recession of the hairline or temples as they get older. This does'nt mean it will lead to more excessive loss or baldness though.
    *Voice of reason on HLT since 2007*
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    I don't need to marry the woman I'll get HM for that. just need to have fun for a month till she finds out, and have a fast turnover rate if she dumps me. If the piece looks good turnover shouldnt b a issue. Just break contact with her & her friends if she has a bigmouth
    it is not your lack of drink, but muscles or face thats the reason. The only reason they'd want you to drink is so you focus on that and dont hit on them I don't even go to partys, at least not till I get more muscle on my arms.

My auntie boyfriend who's late 50s has got a perfect norwood 1. Not one iota of recession, thinning nothing. he has it grade 4 all over constantly ever since I knew him over 20 years as well so you can see every attribute of his hair. It defies belief.

THE PRICK
    It's the bolt, it's the buzz, it's the sheer f*ck offness of it all

I never really understood why some hair loss, because its common, is just accepted even though its still hair loss. I would say any change in your amount of hair even temples is hair loss and is then some form of mild mpb whether it gets to nw 7 or not. Its not possible to predict and it impossible to get that hair back.

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefg
    I never really understood why some hair loss, because its common, is just accepted even though its still hair loss. I would say any change in your amount of hair even temples is hair loss and is then some form of mild mpb whether it gets to nw 7 or not. Its not possible to predict and it impossible to get that hair back.
    Whatever you want to call it, that mature hairline look (norwood 2) is more common than a juvenile hairline on adults, so will never be weird/ not accepted to anyone. Even at 18 I don't really like really low "perfect hairlines" because they make people look, well, juvenile. Norwood 2 is a great hairline.

Quote Originally Posted by stableforehead
    Whatever you want to call it, that mature hairline look (norwood 2) is more common than a juvenile hairline on adults, so will never be weird/ not accepted to anyone. Even at 18 I don't really like really low "perfect hairlines" because they make people look, well, juvenile. Norwood 2 is a great hairline.
    To each his own. I think a juvenile hairline on an adult looks better then a NW 2 and a guy with a NW 2 still looks partially balding to me at least looks older which is kind of the point of fighting mpb in the first place I thought.

UK the Home of the worst HT surgeons in the world

[To each his own. I think a juvenile hairline on an adult looks better then a NW 2 and a guy with a NW 2 still looks partially balding to me at least looks older which is kind of the point of fighting mpb in the first place I thought.
    Baldness and NW2 are nowhere near being the same thing its like comparing a guy who's 5'8 to a 3'6" midget.
    Losing a juevenile hairline as an adult is nothing a man who's grown up and starting to get wrinkles, grey hairs and all the other signs of being an adult is not going to care anymore about being a NW2 than about the fact his skin was smoother when he was 12 yrs old.

And a NW2 looks more masculine than a juvenile hairline.
    *Voice of reason on HLT since 2007*
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    I don't need to marry the woman I'll get HM for that. just need to have fun for a month till she finds out, and have a fast turnover rate if she dumps me. If the piece looks good turnover shouldnt b a issue. Just break contact with her & her friends if she has a bigmouth
    it is not your lack of drink, but muscles or face thats the reason. The only reason they'd want you to drink is so you focus on that and dont hit on them I don't even go to partys, at least not till I get more muscle on my arms.

Most norwood 2 hairlines look much better than my juvenile hairline; perfectly straight but 4 inch back hairlines on a round head look much worse than any mature hairline.

NW0 hairlines usually look kind of silly. Very few guys can pull it off well.

NW1 to NW2.5 hairlines, with thick density, look the best, varying from person to person and how their hair grows and is styled (or buzzed).

To answer the question, though, yes, most guys experience some recession at the hairline, but the non-balding men usually don't see enough to even realize it themselves.

Look at Bill Clinton now vs 20-30 years ago--his hairline has barely receded, if at all, but his hair has thinned a little compared to how thick it once was. He's still got a full head of hair, which is more than a lot of people around here can say though