Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Time difference in fall of recent transplanted hairs

Hi to all,
    I start a new topic in order to get answers to a peculiar thing appeared in my last HT. I have 4 HTs in the last 6 years (I was NW 6). Overall I've put over a 5.500 grafts with FUE, among them 1000 were body FUE and 550 beard FUE. My last HT was 1 month ago and I am noticing, for the first time, that a large percentage of transplanted hair (about 50%) remained in my head and have already begun to grow. This was not the case in my past HTs, where about 90% of the transplanted hair had fallen within the first month and began their grow after 3 months. In a similar question in the Greek forum, in which I am a member, I have been told that the transplanted hair may fall up to 2 months. Is this true? Do you know anything of a respective case, or from your experience?
    Past NW6, now NW2 with 6.217 grafts at DHI (minox 2ml/day + Spirolactone + fungoral 1/week)
    My results: http://imgur.com/a/hyVtt#0

Re: Time difference in fall of recent transplanted hairs

Hi - I see from your signature that you were a NW 6 case and now you claim that you are a NW2. Can you please post some before and after pictures from your case? I am a NW6 case myself and I really need to see some results in order to make up my mind for HT. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by yullian-bull
    Hi - I see from your signature that you were a NW 6 case and now you claim that you are a NW2. Can you please post some before and after pictures from your case? I am a NW6 case myself and I really need to see some results in order to make up my mind for HT. Thank you.
    hi Yullian-bull (what a nickname is that?). In total I had 4 HTs (5.500 grafts, almost 11.000 hairs). The last one was done almost 40 days ago. Bellow I post some pictures of “before-after” for the first 3 of my HTs. You can follow the pictures of my HTs (not the story as it is in Greek) in the Greek forum in: http://www.hairlossgr.com/forum/index.p ... 842.0.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Past NW6, now NW2 with 6.217 grafts at DHI (minox 2ml/day + Spirolactone + fungoral 1/week)

I am trying to post some more pictures but it seems there is a problem with the page (?) ok problem solved!!!

I am also posting photos of my last one, in order for you to see the areas I covered and for the rest in order to see what I mean by saying that in this HT a big percentage of transplanted hair remains during the first month (about 50%). The red polygons in recipient area represent the areas where beard grafts implanted in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Free

hi Yullian-bull (what a nickname is that?). In total I had 4 HTs (5.500 grafts, almost 11.000 hairs). The last one was done almost 40 days ago. Bellow I post some pictures of “before-after” for the first 3 of my HTs. You can follow the pictures of my HTs (not the story as it is in Greek) in the Greek forum in: http://www.hairlossgr.com/forum/index.p ... 842.0.html

He He…My nickname - Yeh, it took me ages to think of that one ;-)

Your transformation is quite amazing. I'm sure you're pleased with it? I'm happy for you mate.

Tell me more please and yes, I will follow - thanks.

I am also posting photos of my last one, in order for you to see the areas I covered and for the rest in order to see what I mean by saying that in this HT a big percentage of transplanted hair remains during the first month (about 50%). The red polygons in recipient area represent the areas where beard grafts implanted in.
    That's really cool.
    with the beard grafts, Is there a difference in the hair texture or does it grow in the same way?

Thanks

Very impressive, you're now not even on the norwood scale btw (what some call a NW0). You're certainly not a NW2.

That's really cool.
    with the beard grafts, Is there a difference in the hair texture or does it grow in the same way?

Thanks
    Generally, the beard hairs are bigger in diameter and most of them are single-haired grafts (I had 69 two-haired beard grafts as well). Their advantage compared to the rest of the body hairs is that they grow exactly as the head hairs (I think they have the same circles). My doctor claims that after one year tend to acquire the same texture as the rest of the head hairs. But any way, even now you cannot observe any difference on them apart that are stronger and bigger in diameter (which is more than fine by me).

Quote Originally Posted by hairhoper
    Very impressive, you're now not even on the norwood scale btw (what some call a NW0). You're certainly not a NW2.
    He he he….Thanks hairhoper!!! we will see in a few months about my final NW. At this moment I feel that I am in NW2 though.

[/quote]
    Generally, the beard hairs are bigger in diameter and most of them are single-haired grafts (I had 69 two-haired beard grafts as well). Their advantage compared to the rest of the body hairs is that they grow exactly as the head hairs (I think they have the same circles). My doctor claims that after one year tend to acquire the same texture as the rest of the head hairs. But any way, even now you cannot observe any difference on them apart that are stronger and bigger in diameter (which is more than fine by me).
    [/quote]

Thanks for your reply! It sounds really good actually. Would it be ok for me to see some detailed photos of these areas please? Thanks again!!