Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments

Miniaturization?!

[attachment=0:3eeqnpj6]photo (1).jpg[/attachment:3eeqnpj6][attachment=1:3eeqnpj6]Photo on 2012-02-06 at 23.00.jpg[/attachment:3eeqnpj6]Hi guys,

Like many of you on this forum, I think my fate has started to arrive. I used to have a really thick head of hair. But over the last year and especially the last 2 or 3 months I've been experiencing thinning and severe hair loss. It has started to thin everywhere. But, most of my hairs that fall out are short and frizzy. The texture of my hair has changed and it is very dry and flat. In addition the corners of my temples have started to disappear. Overall it doesn't show that much right now but I'm beginning to get worried. I would also like to point out that I suffer from quite severe seborrheic dermatitis and even after going to the Dermatologist, I have not been able to find a treatment to control it. Could the loss and thinning be attributed to that? or could it indicate a deficiency in my diet? I live off junk food. I'm 23 years old. Any thoughts or suggestions would be highly appreciated. I'm attaching two pictures. One with my hair pulled back and also a picture of two of my thin hairs against a strand of normal hair. Is this miniaturization? Thanks once again!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Miniaturization?!

I really dont think you have a problem, some girls have less hair lol.

lol thanks but i'm really really anxious and my hair has also started to turn grey. is it mpb? am i becoming a nw2??

Yep that's it. I used to have thick horse strands.

I don't see anything wrong with your hairline, but don't worry about becoming a norwood 2! It's the most distinguished hairline there is. If I could choose my ideal hairline it would be a norwood 2. It just generally makes you look older (in a good way) and more intelligent. With thick hair like yours too, a norwood 2 is not going to give you any styling problems.

I am only 18 by the way.

Miniaturization-I do not think so!!! But it can be its initial stage, so its better for to implement proper treatment before it will become a big issue like baldness.

referring to the first pic - yes, that's how miniaturization is supposed to look like. they say all hair shafts should be roughly the same diameter in those unaffected by miniaturization.