Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: height or hair?

Re: height or hair?

im 5'8 and im sorta ok with that but i wouldn't want to be any shorter not even for hair.

Short hair is best for short people. Long hair makes the head and body to appear as one piece because it hides your neck and shoulder. So always have short hair if you want to look taller.

not tall here, 1.8m but still id like to see how it works for a short guy with nw1, i think he still can beat a nw6 tall guy.
    "our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising each time we fall"

My thread

I'm 6'3 and I'd rather be perfect NW1 and 5'9. Probably not shorter than that though.

Definitely the hair. Unless you are 5'3" or less you will find a lot of women around your height or shorter than you.

Just look at celebrities: Tom Cruise is 5'7" and he can get pretty much any woman in the world (even chicks way taller than him ):

Brendan Fraser is 6'3" and if he didn't cover this up or treat it (not sure what he did):

He wouldn't have a chance with 1/100th of the women Cruise could get with nothing more than a smile.

TravisB

On TV you can't judge the height, and most people don't even know if you're tall or short. If the short actor is shown in TV, all focus is on face, and therefore hair, or on the muscular body. On the street, women would have thought that Cruise is a shorty and that he isn't even THAT attractive (if he wasn't famous of course).

I don't think Fraser is considered to be near as attractive as Cruise so it's kind of an unfair comparison. How about 5'7 Cruise vs 6'3 bald Cruise? Which one would be more attractive in real life?

Much better comparison Maystor, and I reckon 6ft 3 bald cruise would do better, but then, perhaps im biased, as I actually think in that pic at least he looks better.

Ive never found one woman who finds cruise attractive by the way.

Im 6'3 NW 2 forming an NW3 pattern, Im nearly 30 so I dont want a NW1 as I think its not really age appropriate, I would however love a solid NW2 and I have to say I wouldnt want to go below 6ft to get that.

Hypothetical thoughts on trading an aspect of ones physical feature(especially if that feature is a positive) for hair serves no purpose.Having hair on top of your head should be a given.Humans are supposed to have hair on their head,thus it is not morally wrong,selfish,egotistical etc to want what nature designed.
    Sacrificing a positive physical trait(in this instance,height) should not even be in question.Hair is natural,thus not having it,is unnatural.
    BTW,no I wouldn't trade my height for having hair,nor should I have too./want too/need too

Haha this is all very true seb, this is certainly an abstract question, but I cant deny I do find it interesting to see how different people place a premium upon their own attributes. It is an interesting topic to me because I think our perceptions of what are important are often very different to how other people would gauge them and thus our perceptions of ourself are very often out of kilter with how we are perceived by others.

For what its worth, my main frustration about receding is that I like you cant get over the fact that there should be hair there! I am considering a HT, and I dont consider it cosmetic, Is that strange? What I mean is, i would never dream of considering any surgery, say to get rid of wrinkles or even to change the face, chin, jaw, nose etc. I also dont like it when women have fake boobs for cosmetic reasons. I just think that hair is not like that, it should be there!