Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 42
  1. #1
    jonson
    Guest

    L arginine, hairloss

    Hi
    Could it be that l arginine increase hairloss?
    Did you hear about that?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    British Columbia Canada
    Posts
    3,144
    They see me rolling, they hating...

    Re: L arginine, hairloss

    L-arginine is bad.. It takes LDL and transform it into arginase which is bad. L-Citrulline Malate is the best. None of the disadvantages.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    642

    Re: L arginine, hairloss

    Quote Originally Posted by squeegee
    L-arginine is bad.. It takes LDL and transform it into arginase which is bad. L-Citrulline Malate is the best. None of the disadvantages.
    bro i just bought this! thank you for the information! my L-argine is going in the garbage1! squeegee can list the vitamins u use for hairloss , thank u

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    British Columbia Canada
    Posts
    3,144
    They see me rolling, they hating...

    Re: L arginine, hairloss

    Quote Originally Posted by israelite
    Quote Originally Posted by squeegee
    L-arginine is bad.. It takes LDL and transform it into arginase which is bad. L-Citrulline Malate is the best. None of the disadvantages.
    bro i just bought this! thank you for the information! my L-argine is going in the garbage1! squeegee can list the vitamins u use for hairloss , thank u

    Isrealite! don't garbage it!! just add Dl of l-citrulline malate or L-Norvaline to it.. you will be fine!! http://purebulk.com/l-norvaline

    read this! really good read : http://www.lmreview.com/articles/view/l ... e-part-II/

  5. #5
    Senior Member Bryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    8,671

    Re: L arginine, hairloss

    Arginine is listed as one of the ingredients in Prox-N, and may also be in Proxiphen! The fact that Dr. Proctor apparently thinks it's beneficial for hair loss goes a long way, in my opinion.
    1) No, damnit, finasteride for hairloss was NOT an "accidental discovery".
    2) No, you do NOT have to use minoxidil and Retin-A at the same time.
    3) No, washing your skin does NOT make it produce more sebum.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    British Columbia Canada
    Posts
    3,144
    They see me rolling, they hating...

    Re: L arginine, hairloss

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan
    Arginine is listed as one of the ingredients in Prox-N, and may also be in Proxiphen! The fact that Dr. Proctor apparently thinks it's beneficial for hair loss goes a long way, in my opinion.

    update your stuff Bryan... I am a gym freak and know a lot about arginine..you are so late in the news..

    Supplemental L-arginine is readily absorbed; however, ~50% of ingested L-arginine is rapidly converted in the body to ornithine, primarily by the enzyme arginase.16 As noted above, in the presence of oxidized LDL, arginase activity is increased, and arginase competes with NOS for L-arginine in its role as a substrate for NOS, which results in impaired production of NO and increased production of ROS by NOS.

    L-citrulline may be a better option. L-citrulline is readily absorbed and efficiently converted to L-arginine. But its conversion does not take place in the intestine or liver, and therefore not only does not induce tissue arginase, but inhibits its activity. Upon entering the kidney, vascular endothelium and other tissues, L-citrulline is readily converted to L-arginine, raising plasma and tissue levels of L-arginine and enhancing NO production.14 Published data indicates that L-citrulline has relatively better absorption and systemic bioavailability than L-arginine.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    642

    Re: L arginine, hairloss

    Quote Originally Posted by squeegee
    Quote Originally Posted by israelite
    Quote Originally Posted by squeegee
    L-arginine is bad.. It takes LDL and transform it into arginase which is bad. L-Citrulline Malate is the best. None of the disadvantages.
    bro i just bought this! thank you for the information! my L-argine is going in the garbage1! squeegee can list the vitamins u use for hairloss , thank u

    Isrealite! don't garbage it!! just add Dl of l-citrulline malate or L-Norvaline to it.. you will be fine!! http://purebulk.com/l-norvaline

    read this! really good read : http://www.lmreview.com/articles/view/l ... e-part-II/
    dude my pills are l-arginine & L- ornithine, is this good?

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    642

    Re: L arginine, hairloss

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan
    Arginine is listed as one of the ingredients in Prox-N, and may also be in Proxiphen! The fact that Dr. Proctor apparently thinks it's beneficial for hair loss goes a long way, in my opinion.
    bryan do think if i use proxiphen every other day i will still see the benefits?

  9. #9
    Senior Member Bryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    8,671

    Re: L arginine, hairloss

    Quote Originally Posted by squeegee
    update your stuff Bryan... I am a gym freak and know a lot about arginine..you are so late in the news..

    Supplemental L-arginine is readily absorbed; however, ~50% of ingested L-arginine is rapidly converted in the body to ornithine, primarily by the enzyme arginase.16 As noted above, in the presence of oxidized LDL, arginase activity is increased, and arginase competes with NOS for L-arginine in its role as a substrate for NOS, which results in impaired production of NO and increased production of ROS by NOS.

    L-citrulline may be a better option. L-citrulline is readily absorbed and efficiently converted to L-arginine. But its conversion does not take place in the intestine or liver, and therefore not only does not induce tissue arginase, but inhibits its activity. Upon entering the kidney, vascular endothelium and other tissues, L-citrulline is readily converted to L-arginine, raising plasma and tissue levels of L-arginine and enhancing NO production.14 Published data indicates that L-citrulline has relatively better absorption and systemic bioavailability than L-arginine.
    This material appears to be in reference to oral arginine, not the topical arginine used in Prox-N or Proxiphen.

    Update your stuff, squeegee...
    1) No, damnit, finasteride for hairloss was NOT an "accidental discovery".
    2) No, you do NOT have to use minoxidil and Retin-A at the same time.
    3) No, washing your skin does NOT make it produce more sebum.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Bryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    8,671

    Re: L arginine, hairloss

    Quote Originally Posted by israelite
    bryan do think if i use proxiphen every other day i will still see the benefits?
    Sure, but I have no idea how effective the arginine itself is. The arginine in Proxiphen (if it even exists at all) may not be a particularly important ingredient.
    1) No, damnit, finasteride for hairloss was NOT an "accidental discovery".
    2) No, you do NOT have to use minoxidil and Retin-A at the same time.
    3) No, washing your skin does NOT make it produce more sebum.

Similar Threads

  1. L-Arginine
    By camobear777 in forum Alternative Treatments
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 9th, 2006, 05:03 AM
  2. L-arginine
    By wildcard in forum Alternative Treatments
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 18th, 2006, 06:11 AM
  3. L-arginine?
    By silkeysmooth in forum Men's General Hair Loss Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: June 19th, 2005, 06:42 AM
  4. Need to know what L-Arginine Is? Please Help!!
    By heymansup in forum Men's General Hair Loss Discussions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: March 3rd, 2004, 11:29 AM
  5. What is ARGININE?
    By Hess in forum Men's General Hair Loss Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: November 13th, 2003, 10:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •