Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    jonson

L arginine, hairloss

Hi
    Could it be that l arginine increase hairloss?
    Did you hear about that?

They see me rolling, they hating...

Re: L arginine, hairloss

L-arginine is bad.. It takes LDL and transform it into arginase which is bad. L-Citrulline Malate is the best. None of the disadvantages.

Quote Originally Posted by squeegee
    L-arginine is bad.. It takes LDL and transform it into arginase which is bad. L-Citrulline Malate is the best. None of the disadvantages.
    bro i just bought this! thank you for the information! my L-argine is going in the garbage1! squeegee can list the vitamins u use for hairloss , thank u

Quote Originally Posted by israelite
    bro i just bought this! thank you for the information! my L-argine is going in the garbage1! squeegee can list the vitamins u use for hairloss , thank u

Isrealite! don't garbage it!! just add Dl of l-citrulline malate or L-Norvaline to it.. you will be fine!! http://purebulk.com/l-norvaline

read this! really good read : http://www.lmreview.com/articles/view/l ... e-part-II/

Arginine is listed as one of the ingredients in Prox-N, and may also be in Proxiphen! The fact that Dr. Proctor apparently thinks it's beneficial for hair loss goes a long way, in my opinion.
    1) No, damnit, finasteride for hairloss was NOT an "accidental discovery".
    2) No, you do NOT have to use minoxidil and Retin-A at the same time.
    3) No, washing your skin does NOT make it produce more sebum.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan
    Arginine is listed as one of the ingredients in Prox-N, and may also be in Proxiphen! The fact that Dr. Proctor apparently thinks it's beneficial for hair loss goes a long way, in my opinion.

update your stuff Bryan... I am a gym freak and know a lot about arginine..you are so late in the news..

Supplemental L-arginine is readily absorbed; however, ~50% of ingested L-arginine is rapidly converted in the body to ornithine, primarily by the enzyme arginase.16 As noted above, in the presence of oxidized LDL, arginase activity is increased, and arginase competes with NOS for L-arginine in its role as a substrate for NOS, which results in impaired production of NO and increased production of ROS by NOS.

L-citrulline may be a better option. L-citrulline is readily absorbed and efficiently converted to L-arginine. But its conversion does not take place in the intestine or liver, and therefore not only does not induce tissue arginase, but inhibits its activity. Upon entering the kidney, vascular endothelium and other tissues, L-citrulline is readily converted to L-arginine, raising plasma and tissue levels of L-arginine and enhancing NO production.14 Published data indicates that L-citrulline has relatively better absorption and systemic bioavailability than L-arginine.

Isrealite! don't garbage it!! just add Dl of l-citrulline malate or L-Norvaline to it.. you will be fine!! http://purebulk.com/l-norvaline

read this! really good read : http://www.lmreview.com/articles/view/l ... e-part-II/
    dude my pills are l-arginine & L- ornithine, is this good?

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan
    bryan do think if i use proxiphen every other day i will still see the benefits?

update your stuff Bryan... I am a gym freak and know a lot about arginine..you are so late in the news..

Supplemental L-arginine is readily absorbed; however, ~50% of ingested L-arginine is rapidly converted in the body to ornithine, primarily by the enzyme arginase.16 As noted above, in the presence of oxidized LDL, arginase activity is increased, and arginase competes with NOS for L-arginine in its role as a substrate for NOS, which results in impaired production of NO and increased production of ROS by NOS.

L-citrulline may be a better option. L-citrulline is readily absorbed and efficiently converted to L-arginine. But its conversion does not take place in the intestine or liver, and therefore not only does not induce tissue arginase, but inhibits its activity. Upon entering the kidney, vascular endothelium and other tissues, L-citrulline is readily converted to L-arginine, raising plasma and tissue levels of L-arginine and enhancing NO production.14 Published data indicates that L-citrulline has relatively better absorption and systemic bioavailability than L-arginine.
    This material appears to be in reference to oral arginine, not the topical arginine used in Prox-N or Proxiphen.

Update your stuff, squeegee...

bryan do think if i use proxiphen every other day i will still see the benefits?
    Sure, but I have no idea how effective the arginine itself is. The arginine in Proxiphen (if it even exists at all) may not be a particularly important ingredient.