Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question for you lucky long term succeeders!

Did any of you only start seeing success after a period in excess of 7 months?

I've been using the big three (+1000mg biotin per day) for 6.5 months now and have been very disciplined. However, I still seem to shed (hasnt noticably ever completely stopped) a lot and I'm not 'seeing' a lot of difference yet - I don't think!

The reason I say 'seeing' is that I am so unhappy with my hair loss situation that I can't bring myself to check in mirrors or take photos so my judgement is based on feeling the thickness of my hair and trying to monitor shed. I know, sad, eh?!

So my worry is that after this long I'm going to see little success if I haven't (I don't think) seen much so far.

I will continue treatments for at least a year but my optimism is declining!

Thanks in advance for any input.

Re: Question for you lucky long term succeeders!

Great - hijacked by Spam.

Any real answers much appreciated folks. Thanks

The first 12 months or so my hair just got worse and worse, then it slowly but continuously got better, and now at month 21 I'm doing ok.

IMO the big 3 should really be called big 4, since you need fin, min, niz and PATIENCE

Thanks Ctulhu.

Any other folks seen improvement starting after the 6/7 month mark? Most of the good success stories seem to have a very string response within 3-5 months from what I've seen on here.

Hey Ben,
    Im at 8 months and I only have recession, no other loss and i can say that compared to 6 months it is looking much better up front on top. Obviously its completely different for everyone, for me I started noticing hairs growing quite soon at around 3 months but they were only whisps. Now whats happening is those whisps have gone terminal and getting stronger sporadically and new whisps are poking their heads out below them, hopefully these will go though the same process and so on. I hope you have the same luck and as the guy said above, patience is the key.

Thanks for taking the time to reply MIS. Fingers crossed indeed!

Do you have any change in the amount that you shed compared to pre-meds?

I don't thing I'm seeing any less (or more) shedding on meds tbh which is another thing that makes be think I'm a poor responder...

Thanks

No problem Ben. In my case I have been receding slowly for about 12 years, Ive never really shed, just slowly hair has fallen out at what i presume is a normal rate but never cycled back again. When I began taking the medications I noticed a slight increase in hair loss. It was slight, but as someone who is hyper aware of himself, I noticed it and I could visably see my hair was thinner in the thin areas. That was for the first 3 months, and I werent loving that but i had already decided that im staying on the meds for at least 2 years as either way, in that time, they would fall out. Then as its grown back i have to say its relatively normal in terms of hairs falling out, sometimes its a bit worse than usual but the truth is, i think ive by and large been relatively constant with shedding hair my whole life. Everyone responds different to others, ive seen some people with explosive regrowth, and others whose progression was so slow that you would have a hard time even noticing it month by month, but compare month 1 to month 24 and it is clear as day. Ultimately the only option is to keep ploughing on as one things for sure, if your balding and you come off the meds, its definately going! All the best.

I'm past month 7 and I know that my hair is different than at the beginning, but I wouldn't say it is obvious success yet. I obviously watch my hairline very closely because it is easier to do, although my problem area is the vertex. I have seen tiny hairs along my hairline very very soon and it seems that they are very very slowly growing into real hair. I'm very excited to also see actual regrowth too (ie there was no hair there before). I'm thinking this is a good sign and hope this is happening on top of my head as well. But I'm also desperately waiting and comparing myself to the people that have a full head of hair after just 3 months.

My shedding has gotten better to below 100. Now after month 6-7 shedding has picked up again to 100+ hairs. I don't know if that is a good sign, so I'm in much the same boat as you, waiting for success after month 7...

When looking at success stories I notice that a lot of them have very heavy sheds early on into the treatment and then a significant drop of shedded hair. I seem to constantly shed more than them but with no real crazy shed like SE freak for example who seems to have lost 600+ hairs for some time. Maybe it is the same and I'm just losing an elevated number of hairs for a longer time period as opposed to a drastic number and then going back to a normal number.

I really doubt (and hope) that shedding is what we should be concerned about. When stopping treatment you'd be shedding too, only then you would know that they are definitely not coming back stronger. Also you know that the hair in your balding areas is thin and weak. So at some point they gotta go and make room for a stronger hair.

Let's wait and hope...and 5 months from now have a beer celebrating our full heads of hair...

.................................................. .................................................. ......................
    My story: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact...se-to-one-year

Thanks for the response WNLIH - fingers crossed you're right. That will be one tasty beer if you are!

Cheers

I started taking Fin in May of 2008. The pic on the left I had been on it for 14months. The pic on the right is after I'd been on it a bit over 3 years. Just because you don't see a drastic difference within the first few (or even 12) months DOES NOT mean that you're not responding, or that it's not working for you. Remember, this stuff takes time, and you see yourself every day. It's hard to judge something that happens so gradually over time.