Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 22
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    123

    If i eliminate my stress would hair lost grow back?

    Ive nioticed recently that my hair is thinner than it should be. im an identical twin and my brother does not have hair loss. my mothers father had a lot of hair when he died at 78, i am very concerned. I have hydrocephalus and pelvic pain and need to fix this asap if i can. i have had pelvic pain for going on 7 years now and the thought of having to go out into the dating world again after so long with hair loss is very disturbing. hair is the only thing ive got to try to hide my shunt. I have hydrocephalus so there's already a lot of scarring/lack of hair


    would reducing my stress allow for the hair to grow back if stress is the cause for the hair loss?
    Please err on the side of caution when thinking being of being rude. You never know a person's current set of circumstances.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    123

    Re: If i eliminate my stress would hair lost grow back?

    im 27
    senior pic in high school:

    somtime when iwas 18:


    22-23:


    my scars:
    ^ i realize thats a bad pic.... i took it with my nintendo 3ds. it looks worse than it is.

    yesterday:
    outside with the 3ds camera again
    Note the baldness you see on top are scars




    Please err on the side of caution when thinking being of being rude. You never know a person's current set of circumstances.

  3. #3

    Re: If i eliminate my stress would hair lost grow back?

    It depends on whether or not you lost hair due to stress. If its do to mpb it wont grow back if you eliminate stress. I think stress does speed up mpb though and if you reduce your amount of stress it will slow the rate at which it falls out.

  4. #4
    Senior Member cuebald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,097

    Re: If i eliminate my stress would hair lost grow back?

    terrible pictures. could be NW1 or diffuse NW4 for all i can see.
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    If 30 year olds are too boring for you, you should get some 20 year old friends. They are typically short on cash, but if you supply the cash for spray paint, they'll teach you how to tag up the town with them at night, that or just spray it into a bag and get high. That will make you the coolest 30 year old they know.

  5. #5
    Senior Member s.a.f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK the Home of the worst HT surgeons in the world
    Posts
    8,813

    Re: If i eliminate my stress would hair lost grow back?

    The answer is no, recession is not stress related hairloss.
    *Voice of reason on HLT since 2007*
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    I don't need to marry the woman I'll get HM for that. just need to have fun for a month till she finds out, and have a fast turnover rate if she dumps me. If the piece looks good turnover shouldnt b a issue. Just break contact with her & her friends if she has a bigmouth
    it is not your lack of drink, but muscles or face thats the reason. The only reason they'd want you to drink is so you focus on that and dont hit on them I don't even go to partys, at least not till I get more muscle on my arms.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    123

    Re: If i eliminate my stress would hair lost grow back?

    Quote Originally Posted by cuebald
    terrible pictures. could be NW1 or diffuse NW4 for all i can see.
    a lot of the missing hair in the pics are from scar tissue. ill try to take more ics. please tell me how youd like me to take them
    Quote Originally Posted by s.a.f
    The answer is no, recession is not stress related hairloss.
    hair ormally rcedes about 1/2-1 inch in the front in the early 20s to the 'mature hair line'
    i am thinking that i have telogen effluvium.
    i also have some scaring on the front, top and right side of my head. please circle the spots that make you believe my hair loss is due to MPB.

    also



    Question

    Stress and hair loss: Are they related?
    Can stress cause hair loss?

    Answer
    from Daniel K. Hall-Flavin, M.D.

    Yes, stress and hair loss can be related.

    Three types of hair loss that can be associated with high stress levels are:

    Alopecia areata. A variety of factors are thought to cause alopecia areata, possibly including severe stress. With alopecia areata, white blood cells attack the hair follicle, stopping hair growth and making hair fall out.
    Telogen effluvium. In this condition, emotional or physical stress pushes large numbers of growing hairs into a resting phase. Within a few months, the affected hairs may fall out suddenly when simply combing or washing your hair.


    Stress and hair loss don't have to be permanent. If you get your stress under control, your hair may grow back. Be sure to talk to your doctor if you notice sudden or patchy hair loss or more than usual hair loss when combing or washing your hair. Sudden hair loss can signal an underlying medical condition that requires treatment. If needed, your doctor may suggest treatment options for the hair loss as well. And if efforts to manage your stress on your own don't work, talk to your doctor about stress management techniques.
    http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/stress ... ss/AN01442


    my hair didnt fall out in clumps though.
    Please err on the side of caution when thinking being of being rude. You never know a person's current set of circumstances.

  7. #7
    Senior Member fodandahalf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    458

    Re: If i eliminate my stress would hair lost grow back?

    I know your camera's bad but at least turn a light on! Stress related hair loss can be temporary (TE) but it can also just be that stress has sped up your natural hair loss pattern, which is a great chance for your brother to start thinking about his options. From what I can try and make out on your pictures, there is nothing noticeable going on and the recession could just be maturation and not MPB. Get to a dermatologist if you don't wanna go crazy.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    123

    Re: If i eliminate my stress would hair lost grow back?

    Quote Originally Posted by stableforehead
    I know your camera's bad but at least turn a light on! Stress related hair loss can be temporary (TE) but it can also just be that stress has sped up your natural hair loss pattern, which is a great chance for your brother to start thinking about his options. From what I can try and make out on your pictures, there is nothing noticeable going on and the recession could just be maturation and not MPB. Get to a dermatologist if you don't wanna go crazy.
    if my hair didnt fall out in clumps does that mean its male pattern baldness?
    Please err on the side of caution when thinking being of being rude. You never know a person's current set of circumstances.

  9. #9
    Senior Member fodandahalf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    458

    Re: If i eliminate my stress would hair lost grow back?

    Quote Originally Posted by asdf1234
    Quote Originally Posted by stableforehead
    I know your camera's bad but at least turn a light on! Stress related hair loss can be temporary (TE) but it can also just be that stress has sped up your natural hair loss pattern, which is a great chance for your brother to start thinking about his options. From what I can try and make out on your pictures, there is nothing noticeable going on and the recession could just be maturation and not MPB. Get to a dermatologist if you don't wanna go crazy.
    if my hair didnt fall out in clumps does that mean its male pattern baldness?
    No, not necessarily.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    123

    Re: If i eliminate my stress would hair lost grow back?

    Quote Originally Posted by stableforehead
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf1234
    Quote Originally Posted by stableforehead
    I know your camera's bad but at least turn a light on! Stress related hair loss can be temporary (TE) but it can also just be that stress has sped up your natural hair loss pattern, which is a great chance for your brother to start thinking about his options. From what I can try and make out on your pictures, there is nothing noticeable going on and the recession could just be maturation and not MPB. Get to a dermatologist if you don't wanna go crazy.
    if my hair didnt fall out in clumps does that mean its male pattern baldness?
    No, not necessarily.
    so, does this mean i could have TE and that its just thinning in the areas normally seen with MPB?

    edit: understanding the causes
    Extreme hair loss can result from nothing more than stress brought upon by an illness or surgical procedure. Shedding can also be brought on by less dramatic stressful circumstances, like worrying about going bald. In many cases, the hair will grow back once the anxieties are allayed or the issues are resolved.

    Read more: http://www.askmen.com/sports/health/5.h ... z1k38Z01Gx

    does the above mean that my hair may very well grow back?
    Please err on the side of caution when thinking being of being rude. You never know a person's current set of circumstances.

Similar Threads

  1. How do you know if you're hair can grow back?
    By hairnewb101 in forum Men's General Hair Loss Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 6th, 2008, 10:45 PM
  2. How much hair will grow back?
    By ru1 in forum Growth Stimulants - Rogaine, Minoxidil, Tricomin, etc.
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 24th, 2007, 11:24 AM
  3. Will the lost hair grow back after using amphetamines?
    By janderson in forum Men's General Hair Loss Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: December 25th, 2005, 10:45 PM
  4. is there a treatment for hair lost by stress?
    By thylax in forum Men's General Hair Loss Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: May 1st, 2005, 10:56 AM
  5. anybody grow hair back from a norwood 2.5-3 back to a 2?
    By jason566 in forum Men's General Hair Loss Discussions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: April 28th, 2004, 12:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •