Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Heretogrow's story - Hairloss From Early 20's

Hello everyone,

My hairloss started from when i was around 20, or possibly earlier. Iam 23 now, and have been putting off any treatments due to fear of side effects.

My hair has been thinning out gradually (I have been taking pictures since May last year), and was mostly in the crown area, but has now progressed to the front of my head! I want to start on a programme ASAP, but am unsure what to do.

I have read that the Big 3 (Fin, Rogaine and Nizoral) is the way to go, however i have also read the many people have had bad side effects from being on fin. I am considering replacing fin with Revivogen? What do you guys think? Has anyone here had visible success with Revivogen?

Heres what I am considering:

Revivogen
    Revita Shampoo
    Rogaine Foam - Morning
    Rogain Liquid - Night
    Nizoral Shampoo

What do you guys think? Your Feedback will be much appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: My Story - Hairloss From Early 20's

Gotta get on the propecia ASAP! Ive been on it for the last 8 years, and it works wonders. No side effects here.

Propecia since December 2nd 2011 - currently maintaining with a some regrowth at the front, no side effects.

Nizoral shampoo around once a week.

Re: My Story - Hairloss From Early 20's

Side effects are rare and in most cases reversible - speak to a doctor if you're really worried, I guess. Definitely go with Propecia first, you don't want to regret not saving more hair if Revivogen doesn't work for you.

Re: Heretogrow's story - Hairloss From Early 20's

Hey,

As other has said getting fin is your best change to keep your hair. You can read that many people has said that they have sides and it will destroy your sex life and so on... I was also scared about sides so much that I even thought not to get fin. Anyway I got fin and I've been on it 0.5mg/day for last 10 days without any sides.

Only "side" is the good feeling that I'm doing all I can to prevent further hair loss. Now I can live my normal life again. I spent last 3 months worrying about my hair so much that it affect my daily basis. I spent like an hour per day only watching mirror and thinking how screwed up I will be in the future because of my hair.

Fin won't regrow your hair so if you want regrow I recommend you to try minox as rogaine or something similar. Foam is easy to apply and it will become your routine as brushing your teeth. Actually I do it at the same time when I brush my teeth twice a day and it takes like a minute more.

I mean I can't guarantee that you won't get sides because everyone is an individual but at least you can't know if you don't try. In my case I thought that I will regret it more if I don't try and in the future I would have known that I might had a chance to prevent the loss and that was the trigger to got me trying and to be honest I couldn't be more happy about that decision at the moment.

I know how devastating it is to notice hair loss. I knew that day would come at some point but this early as I'm 23.. Jeez this sucks. I can't even think how you have felt since you were 20. Wishing a best of luck to you mate!

Noticed a bit hair loss in Feb. 2011.
    Big 3 since Jan. 2nd 2012.

Proscar 0.5mg / day for the first 8 months. 0,625mg / day for next 4 months. Since at the end of Dec 2012 1,25mg / day.
    Rogaine foam 5% for first 8 months after that general liquid minoxidil 5%.
    Niz every 3th day.

Thanks for the reponses guys! The thing is i read that someone got impotent from going on Fin! That really scared me out of it. I will be seeing a doctor anyway to find out more. Any more responses will be appreciated!

TravisB

You will find plenty of stories like that on the internet

Lol that's not a good thing isnt it?

As you can read on latest label of propecia/proscar etc. They have added something like "erectile dysfunction may occur even quitting the drug" the label chanced at summer 2011. Anyway there isn't enough data to research what's the % of occurring.

As the researchers doesn't know the exact mechanism how 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor affect to other things than only DHT because there was a chain how it will affect like three or more hormones etc. I'm sorry I'm too lazy to explain but google will help you out on this one.

Anyway the cases where people suffer permanent erectile dysfunction or other sides is pretty small because they couldn't notice that on clinical trials before FDA approved the drug.

When I consulted my doctor about 2 to 3 weeks ago about propecia and possible sides he basically just said that kind of sides are probably just mentally ( well I disagree on that ). He explained how people use even 5mg daily dose without sides and eventually he just encouraged me to try if the drug is or isn't for me. Happily I can say I don't suffer any kind of sides at least not yet ( 10 days on fin ) and as far as I'm aware that if you are going to get sides you should get 'em pretty immediately.

As you mentioned that you have read stuff about internet I'm sure there is at least twice as much positive stories than negative. But in the end it's impossible to guess or predict if you will get sides or not. Only way is to try and find out.

Proscar 0.5mg / day for the first 8 months. 0,625mg / day for next 4 months. Since at the end of Dec 2012 1,25mg / day.
    Niz every 3th day.

Hey thanks heaps for your post mate, think I will try Fin and see how it goes. Anyone here been on Fin for over a year without side effects?

Here are a few member who have used fin over 10 years and then you should check http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact...st=0&sk=t&sd=a story he has been on fin over 2 years, he had some sides but they went away. Then you can many users who has been on fin 1 to 7 years and so on...

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact...st=0&sk=t&sd=a This guy has done his homework really and you should read his posts. You will probably find a lot answers to your questions about fin in that topic. There is at least different research data's etc.

Niz every 3th day.