Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 66
  1. #1
    Senior Member Gizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    123

    minox alternatives, need hair growth solutions

    I thought of giving minox a try but after I read the side effects of wrinkles are permanent here http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact...p?f=46&t=52315 I think I will pass.

    so what are the alternatives ?

    Status: propecia since 2003 with no side effects that slowed down my hair loss to almost a full stop.
    thinning in front, middle all the way to the vertex.

    video of me applying Minox
    check out this last thread of mine please
    polls: best volumizing/thickening shampoo

  2. #2
    Senior Member Bryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    8,671

    Re: minox alternatives, need hair growth solutions

    NANO is an obvious possibility. It's probably not as strong as minoxidil, but it does have the effect of stimulating hair growth. (Waiting for yet another inevitable and sarcastic reply from Jacob! )
    1) No, damnit, finasteride for hairloss was NOT an "accidental discovery".
    2) No, you do NOT have to use minoxidil and Retin-A at the same time.
    3) No, washing your skin does NOT make it produce more sebum.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,418

    Re: minox alternatives, need hair growth solutions

    Most of my replies on this are no longer sarcastic. It is getting sickening how you are able to, all these years, shill for Dr. Proctor and his garbage. You can give no evidence/proof for the claims Dr. Proctor(and yourself) makes on the products themselves or the individual ingreds(the "mysterious ingredients" both of you have cleverly used to try to get ppl more interested should have put Proctor's products on the scam/snake-oil list years ago) and yet you constantly question other products/ingreds/claims and even doctors.

    To Gizmo..you could check out procyanidins..as posted in this thread: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact...64440&start=10 although as I say there it'd maybe make more sense to use a combination product that also contains the pro's. There are plenty of other products out there one could try as well..it's hard to compare to minox as they never seem to have trials etc to make a comparison. Things such as Dermaheal...Dermatopoietin..many plant stem cell containing products..etc.

    There's also Stimucap: http://www.in-cosmetics.com/__novadocuments/2614

  4. #4
    Senior Member Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,418

    Re: minox alternatives, need hair growth solutions

    Quote Originally Posted by finfighter
    AHK Copper Tripeptides have been shown to be as effective as 2% minoxidil, and they also have antifibrotic effects! This is important because fibrosis plays a big role in the balding process.
    And there's another with some actual evidence behind 'em.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Gizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    123

    Re: minox alternatives, need hair growth solutions

    Quote Originally Posted by finfighter
    AHK Copper Tripeptides have been shown to be as effective as 2% minoxidil, and they also have antifibrotic effects! This is important because fibrosis plays a big role in the balding process.
    I understand AHK Copper Tripeptides is the active ingredient in Tricomin (and Folligen) - am I right? so we are talking about Tricomin Shampoo ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan
    NANO is an obvious possibility. It's probably not as strong as minoxidil, but it does have the effect of stimulating hair growth. (Waiting for yet another inevitable and sarcastic reply from Jacob! )
    Bryan:
    I couldn't find NANO shampoo on this site. I DID find it elsewhere.
    this is not a good sign.

    can you please explain why NANO is better than Tricomin or other?

    Status: propecia since 2003 with no side effects that slowed down my hair loss to almost a full stop.
    thinning in front, middle all the way to the vertex.

    video of me applying Minox
    check out this last thread of mine please
    polls: best volumizing/thickening shampoo

  6. #6
    Senior Member Bryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    8,671

    Re: minox alternatives, need hair growth solutions

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo
    Bryan:
    I couldn't find NANO shampoo on this site.
    You couldn't find NANO shampoo on WHAT site??

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo
    I DID find it elsewhere.
    this is not a good sign.
    Why not? Dr. Proctor's products are sold in only a few locations; the LEF (Life Extension Foundation) is probably the best.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo
    can you please explain why NANO is better than Tricomin or other?
    I don't understand your question. Are you talking about NANO shampoo, and comparing it to Tricomin lotion? Or are you talking about Tricomin shampoo? Please explain what it is you're talking about.
    1) No, damnit, finasteride for hairloss was NOT an "accidental discovery".
    2) No, you do NOT have to use minoxidil and Retin-A at the same time.
    3) No, washing your skin does NOT make it produce more sebum.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Gizmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    123

    Re: minox alternatives, need hair growth solutions

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan
    NANO is an obvious possibility. It's probably not as strong as minoxidil, but it does have the effect of stimulating hair growth. (Waiting for yet another inevitable and sarcastic reply from Jacob! )
    when you say "NANO" you mean the "NANO shampoo" by Dr. Proctor, right ? the one listed here: http://www.drproctor.com/hair-regrowth-products.htm ?

    my question is: why do believe that NANO is the obvious possibility (as you state) and not any of the products listed here: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/shop/growth ... ?limit=all

    Status: propecia since 2003 with no side effects that slowed down my hair loss to almost a full stop.
    thinning in front, middle all the way to the vertex.

    video of me applying Minox
    check out this last thread of mine please
    polls: best volumizing/thickening shampoo

  8. #8
    Senior Member Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,418

    Re: minox alternatives, need hair growth solutions

    The LEF version is watered down....so it makes perfect sense that it's the best

    It doesn't matter if it's the Tricomin shampoo or topical that you're talking about. There is no evidence out there that NANO is the "obvious" choice. He says that about any of the Proctor products when he has the opportunity to push them. There is no evidence to support the claims. Even the before/afters are worthless.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Bryan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Houston, TX USA
    Posts
    8,671

    Re: minox alternatives, need hair growth solutions

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo
    when you say "NANO" you mean the "NANO shampoo" by Dr. Proctor, right ? the one listed here: http://www.drproctor.com/hair-regrowth-products.htm ?
    Yes, I mean NANO shampoo. (Although NANO is also an ingredient in Dr. Proctor's main products Proxiphen and Prox-N!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo
    my question is: why do believe that NANO is the obvious possibility (as you state) and not any of the products listed here: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/shop/growth ... ?limit=all
    NANO shampoo is an obvious possibility for the simple reason that there are very few medicated shampoos that actually do anything to treat MPB. Nizoral shampoo is one, NANO shampoo is another.

    Out of all the products on that page you cited, the only shampoo I see is one that's part of that collection of products associated with Tricomin (you appeared to be talking specifically about shampoo in your first post in this thread). BTW, I'm not particularly impressed with Tricomin shampoo! I doubt that it has enough active ingredients to do anything. I suspect it was simply included in the product line associated with Tricomin, just for the sake of completeness.

    So picking a decent shampoo for our specific purpose (treating our hair loss) is simple and obvious: there's Nizoral, and there's NANO.
    1) No, damnit, finasteride for hairloss was NOT an "accidental discovery".
    2) No, you do NOT have to use minoxidil and Retin-A at the same time.
    3) No, washing your skin does NOT make it produce more sebum.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Jacob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,418

    Re: minox alternatives, need hair growth solutions

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan

    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo
    my question is: why do believe that NANO is the obvious possibility (as you state) and not any of the products listed here: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/shop/growth ... ?limit=all
    NANO shampoo is an obvious possibility for the simple reason that there are very few medicated shampoos that actually do anything to treat MPB. Nizoral shampoo is one, NANO shampoo is another.

    Out of all the products on that page you cited, the only shampoo I see is one that's part of that collection of products associated with Tricomin (you appeared to be talking specifically about shampoo in your first post in this thread). BTW, I'm not particularly impressed with Tricomin shampoo! I doubt that it has enough active ingredients to do anything. I suspect it was simply included in the product line associated with Tricomin, just for the sake of completeness.

    So picking a decent shampoo for our specific purpose (treating our hair loss) is simple and obvious: there's Nizoral, and there's NANO.
    Except there's no evidence that "NANO shampoo is another". There's nothing "obvious" about listing it along with something like Nizoral. Or even saying it's the "obvious" at all..when suggesting a shampoo.

    Even if there were evidence for "NANO"...you could question if that shampoo too has enough active ingredients to do anything. A watered-down version or not.

Similar Threads

  1. Custom Minox Solutions Vs Generic 5% Minox
    By AoR in forum Growth Stimulants - Rogaine, Minoxidil, Tricomin, etc.
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 21st, 2011, 08:09 AM
  2. RE: Different %'s of Minox Solutions
    By davidciv in forum Growth Stimulants - Rogaine, Minoxidil, Tricomin, etc.
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 23rd, 2010, 05:49 PM
  3. alternatives to generic minox
    By xracergs in forum Growth Stimulants - Rogaine, Minoxidil, Tricomin, etc.
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: June 22nd, 2007, 01:43 AM
  4. Need help with alternatives to fin and minox
    By rkim in forum Men's General Hair Loss Discussions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: April 15th, 2006, 11:04 PM
  5. just curious... how could minox. cause hair growth elsewhere
    By nate2004 in forum Growth Stimulants - Rogaine, Minoxidil, Tricomin, etc.
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: February 4th, 2006, 02:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •