Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments

Do you guys have these lines?

This is possibly going to be the most random post I have created however it relates to the Minoxidil (and possible Finasteride from what I've heard) effect of collagen synthesis and hence the assumption of accelerated aging/wrinkles.

As you guys know once you're hit with hairloss you suddenly start to notice all the delicate details of your face and notice when anything seems to be going wrong. Well, I have generally had a youthful look and even though I developed two very feint forehead lines at like 18 they've not progressed or anything. However the other day I noticed some seriously fine and engraved laughter lines/marionette lines on my face which I know for a fact have never been this pronounced unless I spent along time pulling a certain face or smiling/laughing alot.

This has caused me to go all paranoid about the Minoxidil since at the same time my eye circles seem to be getting worse and my jaw seems to be getting bloated aswell (I usually have a defined jawline but there seems to be soft fat storing under my chin/jaw for no apparent reason, perhaps water retention?). That being said I have been on Rogaine Foam for a year now (considering dropping it, it helped my hairline at first but my right sides either caught back up with the hair loss or is experiencing a shed which I will give a final 3 months of minoxidil and evaluate whether to drop at the end) and only noticed this now so I don't know if it's just natural aging.

Anyway, really all I want to do is post a picture to you guys of these lines and ask you do you have them and to what degree compared to mine and how old are you? I'm 22 years of age btw. I moisturise quite alot too but I must admit my water intake has been lacklustre recently which is perhaps the cause of the lines AND the underjaw fattening. I know everyone naturally has nasal folds near the nose but mine seem to have extended out of nowhere literally though. Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Do you guys have these lines?

I think it's possible that Minoxidil might be giving you wrinkles, if you Google it there will be a ton of people asking the same question and a lot of people claiming that it gave them wrinkles.

https://www.google.com/search?sourceid= ... 66&bih=677

I dropped Minox after 8 months of use myself because it made my skin feel weird and dry. Propecia itself hasn't given me much problems as far as wrinkles or skin problems go.

A) you get fatter under the neck because you've gained weight\body fat. There is zero argument to be made here. Lose body fat, neck will "shapen up".

B) Everyone gets wrinkles at some point. Some older, some younger. Those are, I almost guarantee, genetic, and has nothing to do with minox.

I have them worse than you do. Just started looking into treatment creams for wrinkles as there are quite a few out there.

ermmmm its normal! I remember looking in the mirror one day several years before I ever had hairloss and seeing smile wrinkles. I must of been about 20.

hated them for about 3 days and was smiling in the mirror like a weirdo! but never thought about them since.
    I really doubt its the minoxidil, as your 22 its a common age to start seeing things like this.

seriously dont look for other things to get insecure over, hairloss can do this to ya and 99% of the time it's all in ya head.

Its normal and its because you laugh... every mature human being have those, me included.

Man, you're obsessed with your body, that will cause a really big amount of stress, and stress leads to hairloss.

Yup if it looks and feels like a fat it's a fat. Just start working out grow big and stop worrying about a one wrinkle here or there. Really no one will care, it probably just will give you a more charisma! That what separates men from boys dude.

Noticed a bit hair loss in Feb. 2011.
    Big 3 since Jan. 2nd 2012.

Proscar 0.5mg / day for the first 8 months. 0,625mg / day for next 4 months. Since at the end of Dec 2012 1,25mg / day.
    Rogaine foam 5% for first 8 months after that general liquid minoxidil 5%.
    Niz every 3th day.

Hi

Welcome to getting older

Cassin awesome comment.

Anyway some of the face changes can be caused by gaining / losing weight believe me I know. I'm lifting weights and there are times when I gain weight on purpose and other times when I'm dieting it away so there is noticeable difference on my face.

What comes about getting older, personally I like the rougher look a lot if compare my pictures when I was 18 and now (23). You know the masculine jaw line, cleaned stubble etc. Don't be afraid of it and don't get depressed, just learn to love it.

Noticed a bit hair loss in Feb. 2011.
    Big 3 since Jan. 2nd 2012.

Proscar 0.5mg / day for the first 8 months. 0,625mg / day for next 4 months. Since at the end of Dec 2012 1,25mg / day.
    Rogaine foam 5% for first 8 months after that general liquid minoxidil 5%.
    Niz every 3th day.

I had those well before starting rogaine. I've had those lines for as long as I can even remember.

They're known as "smile lines."