Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Micropigmentation at nhi

Hey guys,

I'm wondering if anyone has considered or had scalp micropigmentation done at nhi (dr. rassman's clinic)? I guess he's been doing it for a few months now. The site is here http://www.scalpmicropigment.com/ and to me the photos look really good. Click on clients at the top of the page and then "smp for a bold look" for the photo galleries. Basically it sounds like head tattooing with a different name. Head tattooing always sounded like a pretty extreme, risky solution with a good chance of looking stupid/obvious and potentially turning blue after several years...but with dr. rassman, who seems like a pretty legit guy, doing it, that kind of changes things. I don't think he'd do something sketchy that might turn out bad because he'd ruin his reputation as a surgeon and potentially open himself up to lawsuits...

So I'm wondering what others'opinions are on the photos, or has anyone had it done or looked into it?

Re: Micropigmentation at nhi

I'm a massive fan of the procedure and plan on getting it done some time next year. I'd recommend looking into www.hishairclinic.com though. The guy who invented the technique founded His hair clinic and to me their gallery looks the most impressive. It is a British company but they run clinics in the US.

Hmmm...

IMO it doesn't look natural. At least having a shaved head does. How could anybody take you seriously if they knew you were so afraid of being bald, that you resorted to a head tatoo? Ruins the 'bold' thing if you ask me.

Sure its no more a sign of insecurity than getting a HT - but the hair can frame your face so you look completely different.

Alot of girls actually like guys with shaved heads, but most would fall over laughing at a head tatoo of fake hair. And the ones i have seen look wrong... its very hard to get the same 3D look as real hair...

All the guys on the forums, giving testimonials etc all say that nobody notices and their lives have improved. If every single person in the world was a hair loss sufferer who had looked into the procedure, then you'd be at risk of getting found out, but this is not the case. When people see Ian who invented the procedure and had it done on himself, they are amazed by the fact it isn't real hair- nobody can tell!

TravisB

This gallery is convincing: http://his.lhmshowcase.com/gallery/

These are very close up photos. IMO, normal people, who don't even know that tattoo like that exists, won't have a clue. The thing is not to overdo it (don't put the too dense, too dark tattoo, and don't do a too low hairline).

This tattoo looks very natural:

On the other hand, the guy on the left at 3:34 here look fake. I think he overdone it, the tattoo on the top is too dense and too dark compared with the sides:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk-NMG8Anu0

If I'll ever go bald, I'm going to consider it. The main concern is will it not fade to gray? And also, when you'll get older, and when your horseshoe starts becoming grey, it could look stupid

UK the Home of the worst HT surgeons in the world

I think it looks great - at a certain distance. But as I've pointed out before its obvious very close up. Look at your beard stubble you can see its actually protruding from your face. Sure it would work for a while but sooner or later someone will notice that its just a spot and then the game is up.
    And its been mentioned before also that people love to touch a shaved head and when they feel smooth skin rather than stubble the game will also be up.
    *Voice of reason on HLT since 2007*
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    I don't need to marry the woman I'll get HM for that. just need to have fun for a month till she finds out, and have a fast turnover rate if she dumps me. If the piece looks good turnover shouldnt b a issue. Just break contact with her & her friends if she has a bigmouth
    it is not your lack of drink, but muscles or face thats the reason. The only reason they'd want you to drink is so you focus on that and dont hit on them I don't even go to partys, at least not till I get more muscle on my arms.

saf got it right...its something that 9 outa ten ppl wont notce but sooner or later someone will ... and it will be loudest person in the room.

For me they do the lines too clean. Too sharp. The look isnt exactly natural but all your male mates colleages etc who may have hair but are secret loosers and nw spotters will wonder how have you went from balding to a straight edged hairline and look closer and hence the game is up.

Its no better than a wig. It will be found it. It never grows and as you age you still have a straight edged hairline. Just not natural.

Its a bit like a girl on a night out with fake tan..looks good but in the light of day it just looks piss!!

my 2 cents....

The pigment will fade (not completely) and can be safely and easily removed/ redone to reflect a more mature look. It is permanent in the sense that you're making a commitment and don't have to worry about it washing off/ looking less natural over time, but it can be removed/ touched up etc. I know loads of guys who keep their heads completely shaved and nobody scrutinizes them. If you're just worried about looking weird when you're older, then think what's more important to you- enjoying your more youthful years with confidence, or having a little problem to deal with when you're older. You can always just laugh about it as an old man, treating it as a 'regretful decision.' Nobody judges you on something you did 30 years ago.

Then again, I only need my hairline lowering, so have much less of a chance of being caught out.

It looks ridicolous.

Ive never liked that look on even a young guy that actually has hair let alone a 30yr old with a drawn on looking hairline.

For me its hair or shave it off. This looks terrible. A man with a sharp angled shaved head just doesnt fly.