Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments

Hairline receded and stopped

At 19 my hairline receded from a nw1 to nw2 and stopped, had very mild regrowth in temples from 0.5mg dut and 15% minox 2x daily. Haven't been on any treatment at all in 14 months and I haven't lost anymore hair and I shower daily with generic shampoo with absolutely zero hairs in my hands/soap after vigorous rubbing.

Am I in the clear as far as my hairloss situation? Opinions?

Would like to hear of anyone else who has been in this situation.

UK the Home of the worst HT surgeons in the world

Re: Hairline receded and stopped

Its called a mature hairline.
    *Voice of reason on HLT since 2007*
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    I don't need to marry the woman I'll get HM for that. just need to have fun for a month till she finds out, and have a fast turnover rate if she dumps me. If the piece looks good turnover shouldnt b a issue. Just break contact with her & her friends if she has a bigmouth
    it is not your lack of drink, but muscles or face thats the reason. The only reason they'd want you to drink is so you focus on that and dont hit on them I don't even go to partys, at least not till I get more muscle on my arms.

Well, thank you for the response and I hope you are right.

I was curious if anyone else has been through a similar situation and still incurred a great deal more hair loss/thinning after 2 or 3 years of no treatment. I want to know cause i will get back on treatment if need be. I hate the unknown. I'll be 23 next month if that makes any difference.

I started propecia when I was twenty-three, used it for three years and stopped cold turkey due to lower libido. Im now 34-yrs old, hair line has held up pretty well in the last seven years and now it has started to recede again. Hairloss can be start up/accelerate again in future years. Im proof of that. Im back on the propecia at .25mg dosage per day to see if I can avoid these freakin sides. Good Luck!