Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Green tea

Green tea

Green tea helps in burn fat and boosts metabolism. The recent study reported that 3 5 cups of green tea per day can help you burn more than 70 calories per day, which amounts to 7 pounds per year.

Re: Green tea

Green tea is fantastic. I'm glad to see it catching fire in North America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny2
    Green tea helps in burn fat and boosts metabolism. The recent study reported that 3 5 cups of green tea per day can help you burn more than 70 calories per day, which amounts to 7 pounds per year.
    Can't agree more. As a forewarn, let me remind you that since it is a booming business, a lot of people may take advantage. Just like what is happening today in the local market, a lot of stores sell green teas which are heavily laden with artificial additives.

Quote Originally Posted by Harison
    Most productive thing of green tea is burn calories and boost the metabolism. These things are very help full in weight loss and get slim body.
    Yes, but the CRON diet suggests that a higher metabolism means you don't live as long. It is probably better to just not eat so much and go get some exercise.
    Support instant round robbin voting (Condorcet), which elects the candidate who would win every head to head race. Next best is Approval voting, which lets you vote for your favorite, or two you like equally, in addition to the lessor of evils you think you have to vote for, so you don't split votes like the current voting system. The major parties will always have power if voters are afraid to vote for any other than the big lessor of evils.

Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    Quote Originally Posted by Harison
    Most productive thing of green tea is burn calories and boost the metabolism. These things are very help full in weight loss and get slim body.
    Yes, but the CRON diet suggests that a higher metabolism means you don't live as long. It is probably better to just not eat so much and go get some exercise.

Were any clinical studies made and is this contention already proven beyond doubt?

Kirby

Doesn't green tea seriously raise DHT levels, or has that information been debunked?

What liquid green tea do you all use and think is the best? Thanks

I love green tea. I have been drinking it for at least the past 10 years.

The only negative of it is that it stains my teeth a little bit.

I have read so much conflicting information on green tea and hair loss online that I have no idea what to think any more.

Some places say it aids hair, some say it increases DHT, some say it can cause bladder trouble, others say it helps with that... the internet is a minefield!

I just wish the caffeine free version was easier to come by in local shops, then I could drink it after 2pm (I get way too wired from caffeine and green tea seems to make me even more wired!)

09/2012: minox 1ml PM
    11/2013: fin 1mg PM

I loved green tea, but I changed to Rosehip out of fear that Green Tea might rise DHT-levels. Someone who can tell more about this?

Green tea seems to increase DHT levels by 194% and Testosterone by 74% (Hair Loss Help)
    Green tea elevates DHT and testosterone levels? (HairlossTalk)

It's hard to find a proper answer. Some places say it reduces it, some say it increases it.

People in Eastern Asia have drank it for centuries, and they don't seem to suffer as much hair loss as us in the West (or apparently never until recent times?).