Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

What my story will be ? 1,5 year update on page 6 (07/21/2013)

Hello everyone,

I just realized a few weeks ago that I'm losing my hairline. I've been so worried about since because my dad is bald. Balding screares **** out of me and I would literaly rather die.

Anyway after I got over the first and the worst shock I've been searching information how I can fight back. I've read about finasteride but at the moment I can't get it because I'm abroad. I'm going back to home for xmas and I'm going to see doctor and I'm hoping he will write me a prescription. Should I also try some minox and some thickening foam or what about niz ?

Unfortunately I didn't find the guide how to determine my hair loss process. Here is a few pictures and I would like to know your opinion about my situation and what I could do or is there anything to do ? I love my hair and it's everything to me. My mom is a hairdresser and when I was in shock I called her but she said that I wasn't balding when she last time saw me. It was about a month a go.

My sister is also a hairdresser and when she cut my hair about 2 month ago, she said that my hairline is escaping but I thought she was kidding because we usually joke about that how I don't want to end up looking like my dad.

I will add 2 more pictures later today. At the moment I have a bad internet connection.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Noticed a bit hair loss in Feb. 2011.
    Big 3 since Jan. 2nd 2012.

Proscar 0.5mg / day for the first 8 months. 0,625mg / day for next 4 months. Since at the end of Dec 2012 1,25mg / day.
    Rogaine foam 5% for first 8 months after that general liquid minoxidil 5%.
    Niz every 3th day.

Re: What my story will be ? 23 guy with few photos and questions

Last picture. Sorry as I said I'm using bad internet I had to post this rather than edit the first post.

I've been coloring my hair to dark brown / black about last 8-10 years, so don't let root growth confuse you. there is a lot of "baby hair" on both sides. Anyway as you can see the front hair is anyway thinner ?

It can't be seen from the pictures but the template lines are very strict even it's blond hair.. Is there any chance this could be only mature hair line ?
    I usually live in Finland and now I've been in the United States about 2 months and the sun really burns/blonds my hair.

If it's a hair loss and it's because of the stress or/and food and different atmosphere can my hair normalize when I move back to my home country ? Somebody did say on the forum that when he/his friends etc. moved to the United States they began to bold.

Thank you!

Proscar 0.5mg / day for the first 8 months. 0,625mg / day for next 4 months. Since at the end of Dec 2012 1,25mg / day.
    Niz every 3th day.

It looks like you are definitely going at the temples and possibly some thinning up front in the middle.

The 'big 3' is the way to - finasteride, minoxidil and nizoral or you could look into dutasteride, which is more powerful than finasteride.

I personally would not recommend any 5 AR inhibitors - i used finasteride 2 years ago and i am now completely impotent amongst other things.

So the impotent caused by finasteride isn't just temporary ? But I've read that it should just cause a bit problems with sex drive etc. ?

Niz every 3th day.

So the impotent caused by finasteride isn't just temporary ? But I've read that it should just cause a bit problems with sex drive etc. ?
    Going2beBald?, I've used Finasteride for 13 years. Never had any sexual issues and had two healthy kids while on it. I think that those who have sexual issues are a small minority. When they tested Finasteride, only a tiny % had any side effects, and the placebo group (taking fake sugar pills) had sexual issues almost at the same rate as the Fin group (in study years 2, 3 and 4 impotence rate for Fin and Placebo groups was the same: 5.1%), which tells me that a certain percentage of folks have sexual issues that are not caused by Finasteride.

My story:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact...p?f=28&t=69762
    35 year old 13 year Propecia/Proscar/Finasteride veteran. Started losing hair around 22 years of age on crown and temples. Extensive family history of major male pattern baldness. Currently NW2+ and maintaining.

Regiment: Finasteride (1/4 (1.25mg) Proscar tablet daily, skipping every 5th day. Never used Rogain, or any other topicals or supplements. No sexual or mental side effects from Finasteride.

My story: http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact...p?f=28&t=69762

ya hop on treatment definately mpn, im on finastride for around 8 months. zero sides but not too much "success" as of now. im on rogaine foam also for the temples and it seems to have thicken them up but no regrowth so far.

I realized some tickling and maybe a bit warming today ? Does this mean "It's really is going now" ?

I'm so worried because I can get fin earliest after 7 weeks. Should I already buy niz and minox e.g., rogaine right now and begin fin when I can get it ? Can I use rogaine for temples because I have understood it's for crown ? I know where I can get rogaine but where I can find niz ?

Can I find niz such a places as walmart ? And have I understood right that niz is also prescription free shampoo or something ? Does it mean "Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Shampoo" it also says "Ketoconazole Shampoo 1%" or is there something else what I should buy ?

Should I also buy Revivogen combo back ? I read it blocks DHT and because I can't get any fin just now I assume it would be better than nothing or will it only give me a peace of mind ?

Thank you so much !

Niz every 3th day.

You and I have almost the same hairloss. I'm 22. Any updates?

I don't have new pictures on my current computer but last time when I checked I would say my hair has stayed at same point for last 2-3 months without any regimen. I saw a derm yesterday and got fin prescription. I will start big 3 on next week and let you know as soon I have anything to report.

According to my sister who's a hairdresser / stylist, I have been thinning a bit but she couldn't compare my hair now and 3 months a go. She only said since autumn 2010. The derm said it's possible that I've started thinning / balding but he didn't lock down mpb. He anyway prescribed fin for me and told that I could try and see will I have any success with that.

I told the derm that I've done a lot of research about fin and I asked what should I do if I see any possible sides. He basically said "That will probably be only placebo" which didn't give me too trustworthy image from him. Anyway he said that people use fin as 5mg doses and sides are pretty small still. Anyway if I'm right the sides does not go hand in hand with the dose but I didn't start to complain. I was only happy that I got my fin.

I asked my sister that should I get bald look right away and she said that she won't do that to me. When I asked what kind of look should I get she didn't say anything. My problem is that I don't like long hair but on the other hand I'm afraid to cut it short now, because I'm sure my thinning will be noticeable on that look.

We had a family dinner during the Christmas and when I checked my cousins hairs who are 26 and 27, both nw3 and have been since 25 but it has progressed of course a step by step. My father is nw6 and he has had that since he was at least 40.

Niz every 3th day.

I'm still thinking should I start big 3 today. I shaved my head today it's 9mm(1/8 inch) with small mohawk and here's new pics.

This is my natural color and as you can see there may be a bit receding going on at temple area and thinning at frontal area. I would say it has been at this situation for last 4 to 6 months. Should I still take a shot and start big 3 to maintain my hair as it is or maybe wait it to get probably worse and start then?

I've been talking about balding with my mom and sister who both are hairdressers. While my sister cut my hair today she said that she doesn't think that my hair has got so much thinner.

Anyway she said that if I feel so I might have some kind of other condition than mpb because according to her mpb doesn't thin your hair all over and told me to watch my diet.

And here is one old photo from November 2010

Niz every 3th day.