Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Any realistic hopes of a cure in next few years?

There are few things worse in life than living in limbo. All of us here hope and pray for some kind of development that would at the very least match fin an minox, though without the sides, and at best be a cure for this sh1te. I bet if someone could say give it 3/4 years and we will be there for definite we would be over the moon and would gladly count down our three years of baldness/thinning etc and live our lives in glorious expectation of a return to the life we once had. Hell some of us would even joke about our baldness for then, safe in the smug knowledge that it would only be a matter of time until we were once again hairy apes. But what do people think? Is it realistic? Are we right to hope or just give in? Is it as Red said: "Hope can be a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane" or Andy: "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good things ever die". Man I'm sliding towards Red's camp lately, life could be easier there, but then I'd have to suffer this darned isolation and loneliness for good...

Re: Any realistic hopes of a cure in next few years?

Its coming for sure.

There is alot of money being put into it, more clincial trials, and you have to put it into the context of the entire field regenerative medicine which is advancing.

They have already grown hairs using this technology. The question is - how much can they grow? Can they turn a NW 7 into a NW 1, will they be able to regenerate the doner so you can have more HT's, or will it be a moderate increase of haircount.

The thing is the potential of this is so hard to grasp as a treatment for hairloss as most hairloss treatments have been tainted with the constant risks / benifit senario...For people who have been through alot of emotional turmoil with the current treatments, its hard to imagine something coming out that doesn't have the risk associated. Thats pretty understandable.

We won't know 100% for awhile, but check back in a year or so and we should have some updates on what kind of direction this will take.

somebody should stop this spam messages.

oh i know, they are so annoying... like shove that ****ing ugg up your fug ly ass

Quote Originally Posted by dudemon
    Quote Originally Posted by Damned United
    There are few things worse in life than living in limbo. All of us here hope and pray for some kind of development that would at the very least match fin an minox, though without the sides, and at best be a cure for this sh1te. I bet if someone could say give it 3/4 years and we will be there for definite we would be over the moon and would gladly count down our three years of baldness/thinning etc and live our lives in glorious expectation of a return to the life we once had. Hell some of us would even joke about our baldness for then, safe in the smug knowledge that it would only be a matter of time until we were once again hairy apes. But what do people think? Is it realistic? Are we right to hope or just give in? Is it as Red said: "Hope can be a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane" or Andy: "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things and no good things ever die". Man I'm sliding towards Red's camp lately, life could be easier there, but then I'd have to suffer this darned isolation and loneliness for good...
    IMO, NO, it isn't going to become a reality in the next few years, and probably not even in the next decade, or perhaps longer. However, that is just my opinion and you should know that others here will completely disagree with me. Now you have heard both sides of the argument. But you should also know that in 5 years time, I GUARANTEE that you, me, and everyone else will still be asking the SAME question: "When will HM become a reality? ... when?" And the answer is always going to be, "in 3 to 5 years" ... and that will still be the same response 10 years from now, 15 years from now, 20 years from now ....etc, etc, ... you get the picture.

The only real solutions (which will probably apply 5, 10, ... even 20+ years from now):

1) Get an HT and use the HL drugs if you want to keep what hair you got, or
    2) Bic it, or buzz it down, or
    3) Wear it in the classic horshoe old man baldy doo look

HM = pipedream. Nothing more (IMO). Sorry to sound so negative, but you should be aware that HM is about 95% speculation, opinions and wishful hopes with very little substance behind it. (IMO)

Agreed... it aint happen in so many years its not gonna happen anytime soon.
    Id love to get a HT but 30k is just to much, ill stick to the big 3 and if worse comes to worst bite the bullet and shave the old head at least with a shorter hair style it doesnt look so bad !

Quote Originally Posted by RP3X
    Quote Originally Posted by Damned United
    IMO, NO, it isn't going to become a reality in the next few years, and probably not even in the next decade, or perhaps longer. However, that is just my opinion and you should know that others here will completely disagree with me. Now you have heard both sides of the argument. But you should also know that in 5 years time, I GUARANTEE that you, me, and everyone else will still be asking the SAME question: "When will HM become a reality? ... when?" And the answer is always going to be, "in 3 to 5 years" ... and that will still be the same response 10 years from now, 15 years from now, 20 years from now ....etc, etc, ... you get the picture.

The only real solutions (which will probably apply 5, 10, ... even 20+ years from now):

1) Get an HT and use the HL drugs if you want to keep what hair you got, or
    2) Bic it, or buzz it down, or
    3) Wear it in the classic horshoe old man baldy doo look

HM = pipedream. Nothing more (IMO). Sorry to sound so negative, but you should be aware that HM is about 95% speculation, opinions and wishful hopes with very little substance behind it. (IMO)

Agreed... it aint happen in so many years its not gonna happen anytime soon.
    Id love to get a HT but 30k is just to much, ill stick to the big 3 and if worse comes to worst bite the bullet and shave the old head at least with a shorter hair style it doesnt look so bad !
    What kind of reasoning is that? Advances in science and technology are logarithmic so they only get faster with time.

TravisB

Let's just wait those few years to see what Histogen, Aderans and Replicel (and Follica maybe) will come up with. If they screw it, then I guess we're screwed for another good couple of years, and then we will be complaining again

Quote Originally Posted by rxdr1
    Advances in science and technology are logarithmic so they only get faster with time.
    how do people confuse exponential and logarithmic?
    logarithmic growth gets very slow very quickly

Quote Originally Posted by somone uk
    Quote Originally Posted by rxdr1
    Advances in science and technology are logarithmic so they only get faster with time.
    how do people confuse exponential and logarithmic?
    logarithmic growth gets very slow very quickly
    Yes, it is the inverse of exp growth ... then it declines.
    are you suggesting in the 21 century, the information age we LOSE infomation?
    fine argument.....2000 years ago but we are not tending towards a dark age

[quote=somone uk]
    Quote Originally Posted by "somone uk":2qvdde83
    [/quote:2qvdde83]

As much as I like dudemon. He is very cynical to the point he looks for flaws that don't exist, or if they do are very unlikely to happen.