Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

(il)Legitimacy of minoxidilsolutions.com

There has been a lot of debate on this site about minoxidilsolutions.com.
    That is the site that supposedly got a hold of Dr. Lee's formulas after his site was shut down, and now sells his products. At first I was very suspicious about minoxidilsolutions and I suspected Dr. Lee was in cahoots with the owners of that site. However, after they incessantly spammed my gmail, (apparently they not only got Dr. Lee's forumulas but also his customers' email addresses) I eventually decided to give it a shot. I ordered minoxidil with retin-a, which was the only product I used to purchas from Dr. Lee. The shipping took forever, and when it finally arrived, the label on the bottle was almost identical to the lable on Dr. Lee's product. Unfortunately, I can't say the same about the contents of the bottle. Dr. Lee's minox with retin-a had a very distinct yellow tint to it. This minoxidil is pretty much clear, perhaps it has an extremely subtle yellow tint, but nowhere near the same yellow as Dr. Lee's product. Dr. Lee claims that they used the exact same forumula, if this was the case, the color of the minoxidil shouldn't be different. I suspect that these are not in fact exact copies of Dr. Lee's products and for this reason my advice to you all is not to use minoxidilsolutions.com. Has anyone else used this site, and if so what was your experience like?

Re: (il)Legitimacy of minoxidilsolutions.com

i remember buying lee's retinoic acid solution (.025) and it was indeed quite yellow. the minox you are talking about should be the same color.

this is very interesting, i hope more people chime in with their opinion

I haven't ordered from them but I'm pretty pissed about all the spam. I guess the janitor stole everyone's personal info to. Guess that means the janitor has out credit card info.

i order the regular xandrox 5% after using perfect image.I hated the greasy feel of perfect image and it had a disgusting plastic type of smell. it was extremely yellow also which kind of turned me off because id never dealt with that in the 7 years or so ive been using xandrox.

the regular xandrox i ordered is clear and has the same feel and fast drying aspects about it that my old one used to have. im hoping its legit...would love to send it out to a chemist and get the ingredients tested to confirm

I just wonder how that Dr. Lee is no longer allowed to sell these things,but minoxidilsolutions is allow to sel sell... ???

I've been using the standard minox from them for a couple of months now and I'm fairly certain it's legit.

do you use a straight up minoxidil type or with azelaic acid?

I bought some spiro from them and got it shipped very quickly. I can't compare it to anything because it is my first time using it. I did try to send an email to their doctor and never got a response.

I'll be sticking with minoxidilmax for my minox.

Quote Originally Posted by CBF
    I just wonder how that Dr. Lee is no longer allowed to sell these things,but minoxidilsolutions is allow to sel sell... ???
    To be fair we honestly don't know what exactly happened to Lee. Honestly I am guessing it had to do with the fin additives in solutions.

their products are legit. im on xandrox with retinoic acid and i believe its working. it is more white than yellow but I've used Dr. Lees products and I'm almost certain their identical.

the xandrox dries just as fast but just like with the previous products from Dr. Lee, this too leaves a white residue with in my hair an hour or so later.

all in all, I'd much rather take these products than all these new bs products coming out from every corner. Atleast these products have some legitimacy behind it.

my only concern is that they might be the surplus of Dr. Lee's products which havent been seized by the fda and so theyre tryna get rid of them. Hopefully thats not the case.