Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 77
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    14

    What's it really like going bald - the truth

    My father was bald and from the age of 16 I was petrified of it happening to me. Then one day, I saw it, the first sign of the dreaded Male Pattern Baldness. I was mortified. I became depressed and lost my spark and thought the world had ended. I thought that my life would be crap from now on, friends would laugh at me, in fact I would probably lose all of my friends and I would never be able to get a girl ever again. That was it finito, I might as well be dead.

    And do you know what happened?.....................I was WRONG, big time WRONG. I did lose most of my hair that is true, but strangely the world did not end, friends made the odd comment initially but I just ignored them then they forgot about it and I had as many friends as before but the really really weird thing was that I could still pull girls. At first I was not as confident but that didn't seem to matter I was still pulling the same as before. There were 3 girls who told me that to them baldness was manly and I said "there is no need to be kind, I know what you are really thinking" and they said "no, we really mean it!" and I ended up with all of them so they were telling the truth!

    Now there may be the odd shallow girl who doesn't like it, but stuff them cos there are more that it reallly doesn't bother or actually prefer it because it is more sexy.

    I had what hair I had left cut very very short and so there was no more worrying about it, no more messing about with combs and brushes. I also bought one of those DIY razors and trust me when I say they are so easy to use and it comes out just as good as the barber's, so I saved money on haircuts too.

    I am now 40 and look back on the time when I started losing my hair and think "I don't know what the hell I was worried about".

    My only regret? That I didn't have my hair cut very very short at the start of my loss and that would be the best advice I could give to guys going through the same thing.

    So if any of you guys are reading this and are at your wits end with worry then I know what you are going through. I know it is no good me saying "don't worry" because you will and that is only natural, but please take some reassurance from my story because I can promise you, the world does not end, life is just as good and there are many more postives than negatives.

    PS dont waste your money on trying to save your hair, if they really worked you wouldn't see any bald men. Going through any treatment regimen just makes you focus on your hair more every day and wastes time. My best advice is to get your hair cut really short ASAP and I promise you that after the initial shock of that first cut you will not look back. Go for it.

  2. #2

    Re: What's it really like going bald - the truth

    Thanks for the input man I sometimes consider suicide but when I read stories like this it brings me back to reality and I realize there is indeed life after hair.

  3. #3
    Senior Member s.a.f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK the Home of the worst HT surgeons in the world
    Posts
    8,813

    Re: What's it really like going bald - the truth

    Not all bald guys are equal. Every case is individual.
    *Voice of reason on HLT since 2007*
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    I don't need to marry the woman I'll get HM for that. just need to have fun for a month till she finds out, and have a fast turnover rate if she dumps me. If the piece looks good turnover shouldnt b a issue. Just break contact with her & her friends if she has a bigmouth
    it is not your lack of drink, but muscles or face thats the reason. The only reason they'd want you to drink is so you focus on that and dont hit on them I don't even go to partys, at least not till I get more muscle on my arms.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    14

    Re: What's it really like going bald - the truth

    Quote Originally Posted by wessneijder
    Thanks for the input man I sometimes consider suicide but when I read stories like this it brings me back to reality and I realize there is indeed life after hair.
    I know exactly how you feel because that is how I felt until I realised it was no big deal. People lose limbs and their sight, imagine how they must feel, yet they seem to get over it. As I said in my original post, getting it cut very short was the best thing I ever did. It took me quite a while to get the courage to do it and when I was younger short hair was NOT fashionable whereas nowadays even guys with a lot of hair often have it cut very short. Anyway, once I'd had it cut short and got over the initial shock it was great. Quite a few friends said it looked better very short and it was obvious they really meant it. The great thing about it was that it always looked the same no matter what I did and no matter how windy it was and I didn't have to ponce about with it. Then over time as I lost more hair nobody said anything because if your hair is really short you look the same bald as you do with hair - sorted!
    So keep your chin up and trust me, you will be fine.

  5. #5

    Re: What's it really like going bald - the truth

    Thanks for input. I am a diffuse loser so I agree the buzz cut is good. I have been buzzing my hair since I first noticed loss at 19 with a 1 guard. It's very short, but the problem is now when people look at the back of my head they can see the sides are very thick while crown and top have minimal coverage.

    I've been dating a girl for a week now. I've been putting toppik in my hair. One night we were watching E! channel and Matt Damon shaved his head for a movie role and was being interviewed. She said "Ewww why did he do that to his hair?"

    Now I'm terrified for her to see my head without toppik. Please fin save me.

  6. #6
    TravisB
    Guest

    Re: What's it really like going bald - the truth

    Quote Originally Posted by wessneijder
    Now I'm terrified for her to see my head without toppik. Please fin save me.
    I'm sorry but this sentence has made me laugh

    I'm wondering though what she would dislike more - bald head or inactive pee pee due to fin.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    14

    Re: What's it really like going bald - the truth

    Dudemon - great input. My razor is a Remington, I have had it 20 years and so there will be better ones on the market now. Having said that mine works fine, really easy. People think that buzzing your hair is difficult but it isn't it is easy.

    Understand what you say about people either being ugly or not but don't agree that hair makes that much difference in the long run. There are millions of bald guys and 99% of them are married...............I rest my case.

    I agree with what you said about transplants. A mate of mine had one and it looked pretty good for about a year but then he started losing more of his original hair and now he has these two islands of hair on the top of is head and that does look crazy.

  8. #8

    Re: What's it really like going bald - the truth

    Quote Originally Posted by s.a.f
    Not all bald guys are equal. Every case is individual.
    Very much agreed... OP should re-title this thread, "What it's really like going bald for me- my truth."
    Lets face it, confidence will never frame your face properly....a girl can't run her fingers through your confidence.

  9. #9
    Senior Member s.a.f's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK the Home of the worst HT surgeons in the world
    Posts
    8,813

    Re: What's it really like going bald - the truth

    Quote Originally Posted by idkwia
    Understand what you say about people either being ugly or not but don't agree that hair makes that much difference in the long run. There are millions of bald guys and 99% of them are married...............I rest my case.
    Yes but married to far less attractive women than if they had hair. Hair can make a huge difference it all depends if your Vin Diesel or Larry David.

    Quote Originally Posted by Idkwia
    Bald is beautiful.
    Looks like we've got a Slybaldguy in our midst!
    *Voice of reason on HLT since 2007*
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    I don't need to marry the woman I'll get HM for that. just need to have fun for a month till she finds out, and have a fast turnover rate if she dumps me. If the piece looks good turnover shouldnt b a issue. Just break contact with her & her friends if she has a bigmouth
    it is not your lack of drink, but muscles or face thats the reason. The only reason they'd want you to drink is so you focus on that and dont hit on them I don't even go to partys, at least not till I get more muscle on my arms.

  10. #10
    Senior Member HairPieceMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,333

    Re: What's it really like going bald - the truth

    lol bald is beutiful

    so i guess caucasians with full heads of hair should just rid themselves of their hair and be sly bald becuase its soo "beutiful".

    honestly how many caucasians in their 20s/30s have actually got rid of their hair becuase they think its a good idea over having a full head of hair.

    the first thign girls will tell you if you shave off bald is GROW YOUR HAIR BACK.

    honestly 99% of people will think your clinically insane if you got rid off all your hair for choice in the main mating age 22-37 (im just making up that figure)

    in fact, ANY AGE doesn't matter unless your vin diesel or black.

    honelsty 99.9% of 25 year olds with full heads of hair ask ANY girl if its a good idea to get rid of ALL his hair entirely they will tell you that is THE WORST idea in the world for you to do, and THEY WILL KNOW if you're bald your not doign it for kicks.

    and yes no one is saying ugly guys dont get SOME girls and get married to CERTAIN type of girls.

    i've seen some pretty ugly guys that goes far beyond a typical bald guy in 20s before, but im sure he has some girl in his life, it doesnt suprise me, i see plenty of warpigs out there, women that resemble construction workers, wating for your "beutiful" bald head.

    in fact when i put a picture of myself on a dating site (with hair and without hair) i got ZERO respose from girls bald, and with hair i got repose from large girls.

    so arguably as long as im in my wig i can get large girls online dating (which online dating sucks anyway, becuase onyllarge girls responde to you)
    Halifax puts the average price at 163,845 in December 2012.
    The Land Registry's report showed the average home in England and Wales worth 158,94
    The average home in England and Wales according to Nationwide is worth 162,262.
    Average UK house price rose to 162,000 last year, says the Land Registry.
    Halifax said the average UK house price rose to 168,521 in March.

    My parents place is worth 350K, thus it is well within upper middle of the housing market.

Similar Threads

  1. The bald truth about CEOs
    By Cassin in forum Men's General Hair Loss Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: March 16th, 2008, 03:19 PM
  2. the bald truth
    By cateyes81 in forum Hair Transplants & Hair Replacement Surgery
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: January 18th, 2007, 12:21 PM
  3. the bald truth book
    By ix in forum Men's General Hair Loss Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: July 19th, 2005, 09:32 PM
  4. Bald Truth
    By Mikey in forum Men's General Hair Loss Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 10th, 2003, 06:59 AM
  5. the bald truth
    By wils in forum Men's General Hair Loss Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: August 10th, 2003, 03:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •