Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Re: How much time for workout?

I spend about 10 minutes, but that's because I don't sit around resting for 5 minutes between sets. I alternate 2-4 sets of muscle groups so each one is a bit rested by the time I come back to it, and I only do 3 sets per muscle group, 10-12 reps.

I also don't like doing an hour of easy cardio. I've gone to running tracks where the joggers are all jogging slower than I can walk. I even tried flirting with a woman who jogged so slow it felt like I had to go backwards just to keep up with her. If I'm not feeling mildly challenged in the first 30 seconds, I feel like I'm wasting my time.

I think if you got sore, you worked too hard. If you are young or never have been injured in your life, you can survive that. It is true that getting sore will build your muscles faster. But you have to remember that your cartilage gets stronger at 1/3 the rate your muscles do. So if you keep working to get sore, your muscles will one day overpower your cartilage, and your injury will never heal 100%. Slow and steady wins the race. Not everyone can look like HeMan. At age 30+, if you are not injured in any way, you are ahead of 95% of men. If you can have the joy of going on a hike, and not worry about your injured ankle, you can enjoy life even without women. As for me, I'm having to accept Netflix as a substitute.
    Support instant round robbin voting (Condorcet), which elects the candidate who would win every head to head race. Next best is Approval voting, which lets you vote for your favorite, or two you like equally, in addition to the lessor of evils you think you have to vote for, so you don't split votes like the current voting system. The major parties will always have power if voters are afraid to vote for any other than the big lessor of evils.

30 minutes to an hour, and depending on the type of workout you're doing, 3 to 6 days a week of working out.

Nice sharing.
    I do exercise only 15 minutes and maybe
    you will be wonder that what exercise i do.
    I do rope jumping because my father says that
    15 minutes of rope jumping is equal to 1 mile running.

I usually run for 5 mins, then do weights for 30-40 mins. If I have any energy left, I do more cardio. In total, I try to stay in the gym for about an hour.

I always push myself to my limits, ie no pain no gain. If I don't feel like throwing up after an hour, I feel like I haven't tried hard enough... I've never actualyl thrown up, yet...

I don't like doing cardio in the gym, but summers are too hot and winters too cold to be running outside.

If you're running for 15 to 25 minutes before you lift weights you will never be able to reach your full potential. That is way too much cardio prior to lifting, especially if you're doing squats and deadlifts.

I usually do a five minute warmup on the stationary bike, increasing the level on it each minute. I do one to three warmup sets of every exercise before doing three sets of my working weight.

Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    I spend about 10 minutes, but that's because I don't sit around resting for 5 minutes between sets. I alternate 2-4 sets of muscle groups so each one is a bit rested by the time I come back to it, and I only do 3 sets per muscle group, 10-12 reps.

I also don't like doing an hour of easy cardio. I've gone to running tracks where the joggers are all jogging slower than I can walk. I even tried flirting with a woman who jogged so slow it felt like I had to go backwards just to keep up with her. If I'm not feeling mildly challenged in the first 30 seconds, I feel like I'm wasting my time.

I think if you got sore, you worked too hard. If you are young or never have been injured in your life, you can survive that. It is true that getting sore will build your muscles faster. But you have to remember that your cartilage gets stronger at 1/3 the rate your muscles do. So if you keep working to get sore, your muscles will one day overpower your cartilage, and your injury will never heal 100%. Slow and steady wins the race. Not everyone can look like HeMan. At age 30+, if you are not injured in any way, you are ahead of 95% of men. If you can have the joy of going on a hike, and not worry about your injured ankle, you can enjoy life even without women. As for me, I'm having to accept Netflix as a substitute.

A good thirty minutes.. a serious one (meaning, you really work out) multiplied by four to five in one week is surely the best way to work out.

Best of luck!

Nothing.

High Intensity Sprint Interval Training - 30mins

Weight Lifting (benching, deadlifts, squats) - 45mins - 1hr

I do both twice a week. Easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by seb View Post
    ha,yes these females(I use the term loosely) dont want too be straddled by some spiky-haired,pretty boy,they want too be abused,what better man,than a big,bald,monster.It feels damn good at the time,but when I have emptied my tea-bags,and back in the dark room I inhabit,then the shame,guilt,and emptiness begins.

I work out every other day. I take day off for muscles to develop.
    I basically focus on 2 groups of muscles a workout. Chest and triceps, back and biceps, shoulders legs and abs (well that's 3).
    I spend around 1 hour and approx 15 min but I hit it hard on the gym.
    For chests and triceps I do (chest) 3 heavy sets of flies and then I go straight to the bench press with no rest and I do around 3 or 4 sets of 8-10 reps then I rest around 4 min and hit triceps.
    I actually developed pretty muscular physique over the last year. My old clothes don't fit me anymore. My suits that were 42 are all too small for me. Now I have to go for 44.
    And some of the size Large shirts are too small.
    After every workout I take Muscle Juice by Ultimate Nutrition which is a healthy muscle gainer packed with 1050 of calories, omega 3 fatty acids, 50g of proteins and complex carbs a shake.
    Z. Furman, Ph.D.

Proscar/4, ketoconazole, l-citrulline, calcium-l-threonate, curcumin, vitamins
    1.5 hours weightlifting x 3 times a week

nothing
    I run 4-5 times a week for 30-40 minutes. not much, but it keeps me in shape.