Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

slybaldguys forum

piece of advice

NEVER go to slybaldguys forum.

these guys are NUT jobs.

they think

+ EVERY guy looks better sly, than hair, qoute "think about it, when was the last time you saw someone with hair then bald and thought he looked better with hair?" < this is the mentality of the place.

+ Joe satriani looks MUCH better bald (serisouly wtf)

+ michael stipe looks MUCH better bald (again wtf)

most forums go on about how amazing michael stiped looked with hair, and how terrible he looks bald (or at least ok), certainly not FAR GREATER bald.

they go around saying how great it is to be bald, and how they LOVE it, 80% of the users look like they could do with hair.

i think these guys have phycoligcal problems, baldnes is OK at best, can be good on others, but to make claims that every guy looks better bald and that joe satraini looks MUCH better sly, i mean that is just retardation, im sure HE would even say i looked at least better with hair.
    Halifax puts the average price at 163,845 in December 2012.
    The Land Registry's report showed the average home in England and Wales worth 158,94
    The average home in England and Wales according to Nationwide is worth 162,262.
    Average UK house price rose to 162,000 last year, says the Land Registry.
    Halifax said the average UK house price rose to 168,521 in March.

My parents place is worth 350K, thus it is well within upper middle of the housing market.

Re: slybaldguys forum

they also make the claim that being bald takes "years off" a guy, they even said a bald guy "looked" 23 but he was 39! they were convinced he looked in his 20s, just becuase he was bald.

that has GOT to be the most ridiculous thing i have heard, NO bald guy looks like he is in his 20s bald, they all look early 30s minimum even if your bald at 18 or 19.

hoestly, for fun just check the forum for an hour, its good for a laugh.

they also cite BLACK guys as role models.

no doubt they will also mention stone cold steve austin as a role model as well, like THAT look actually applys to a typical caucasian male...about as much as michael jordan applied to me
    The Land Registry's report showed the average home in England and Wales worth 158,94

My parents place is worth 350K, thus it is well within upper middle of the housing market.

yeah, it IS a good support site, i guess it balances out the paranoid sites that most hairloss forums say when people say baldness is like a massive scar to your face etc.

anyway,

http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/index.php?topic=7769.0

check this thread, they actually think that guy looks better bald, ok his glasses needed to go away and a change of dress code and he'd look like a great a normal guy, on the first pic, but on the second pic he looked like an average bald guy you want to avoid to look like, just looked "ok", but these guys make outrageous claims such as

"Dude was born to be bald"

"not impressed by the hair... without hair, definitely cool and edgy."

"real men have hair on their chests, not their head."

its like, come on, i think whenever they see a bald man and he doesnt look likea complete disater bald they go all over it and sa hes awesome.

also they claim people with hair are stupid, and they look stupid and should be bald instead.

UK the Home of the worst HT surgeons in the world

Its just a comfort blanket site, a place for all baldies to feel accepted even though its based on pure delusion. Mind you I've seen the same thing happening on here I've yet to see a guy post a slick shaved pic and ask for opinions and not be told "yeah looks great man you suit the shaved look" even when it clearly does'nt.
    Maybe you should start up your own Slyshortguys site?

"Look at that lanky 6 footer he's like a f*kkin beanpole".
    "Yeah chicks dig the stumpy look"
    "What you're 5'4" you lucky bastard I hate being 5'8" andhaving to look down when I'm talking to people". ect ect ect .....
    *Voice of reason on HLT since 2007*
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    I don't need to marry the woman I'll get HM for that. just need to have fun for a month till she finds out, and have a fast turnover rate if she dumps me. If the piece looks good turnover shouldnt b a issue. Just break contact with her & her friends if she has a bigmouth
    it is not your lack of drink, but muscles or face thats the reason. The only reason they'd want you to drink is so you focus on that and dont hit on them I don't even go to partys, at least not till I get more muscle on my arms.

Quote Originally Posted by s.a.f
    Its just a comfort blanket site, a place for all baldies to feel accepted even though its based on pure delusion.
    Exactly. If they were genuinely happy about being bald they wouldnt feel the need to be on that site. D E N I AL.

I think it's good to accept baldness but not to be delusional.

NW4

Rogaine Foam (started 16th April 2009)
    Fluridil (started 8th Jan 2011)

Ketoconazole shampoo 3xweek
    Piroctone Olamine Shampoo 2xweek

Yeah, I dont like that forum, there's no dissenting voices..its just mutual backslapping.

BUT..if those guys look in the mirror every morning and like what they see staring back then more power to 'em..its a feeling most of us are after, lets face it.
    "Even back then, I exuded self-confidence, and that drives women crazy.
    Especially in a bald man. Women love a self-confident bald man. Anyone
    can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man --
    there's your diamond in the rough." - Larry David

If anything, I see SBG as a testament to how psychologically damaging going bald really is. So much so that it can create a strong backlash that results in such obvious denial.
    Lets face it, confidence will never frame your face properly....a girl can't run her fingers through your confidence.

Both sites have a lot of similarities.

-its a support group site just like this site.

-sure both sites have a few extreme members.

-I am sure some members hate this site...I am sure we have a few members
    who hate that site

-it fits a certain need of certain members.

-both deal with issues of hair loss

-both deal with social and psychological issues

on and on.

Personally I think its a good for people if they decide they want to move on from treatments to head over there...treatments not working, side effects..just tired of it...whatever the reason.

Treatments aren't always the answer and neither is shaving the head. Regardless, both sites can help a lot of people and neither site is better than the other. They each have a place.

Just because they go about things differently doesn't mean we should mock them.

I rarely go over there but I have before. I even tried to reach out to a mod but I guess they don't want to have anything to do with us but thats ok. I still think its a helpful site.

Just some things to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by HairPieceMan
    piece of advice

NEVER go to slybaldguys forum.

these guys are NUT jobs.

they think

+ EVERY guy looks better sly, than hair, qoute "think about it, when was the last time you saw someone with hair then bald and thought he looked better with hair?" < this is the mentality of the place.

+ Joe satriani looks MUCH better bald (serisouly wtf)

+ michael stipe looks MUCH better bald (again wtf)

most forums go on about how amazing michael stiped looked with hair, and how terrible he looks bald (or at least ok), certainly not FAR GREATER bald.

they go around saying how great it is to be bald, and how they LOVE it, 80% of the users look like they could do with hair.

i think these guys have phycoligcal problems, baldnes is OK at best, can be good on others, but to make claims that every guy looks better bald and that joe satraini looks MUCH better sly, i mean that is just retardation, im sure HE would even say i looked at least better with hair.
    Let me ask you this...why are the "insane" or have "psychological problems" because they accept hair loss and have a positive attitude? I think they are doing just fine and have a lot of positive attitudes.