Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Copper Peptide questions

1)Difference between copper peptide and normal copper that you get in multi-vitamins?
    2)Anyone tried applying copper peptide to the scalp/hairline with good results?
    I would like to try taking it orally if possible.
    3)A large tub of Copper Peptide on ebay for a tenner, worth a punt?!

I've only recently read up a little on it and imo, i think reinvigorating ageing cells is getting to the root of the problem better than minoxidil and possibly finasteride does. Other things that do this well are meant to be hydrolysed collagen and co-enzyme q-10 which i want to give a go in taking before Fin, but my hairline is getting worse so i'm feeling rushed into taking Fin.

Re: Copper Peptide questions

Peptide-copper complexes are different from copper in multivitamins. They're used locally, either topically or injected subcutaneously. Their effects mimics those of SOD (superoxide dismutase). They're growth stimulants, reverse scarring and reduce inflammation.

Cheers Enden, you really are like an encyclopedia of hair-loss knowledge 8]

What do you think to the Copper Peptide hair masque? Think it may make a difference?

I think the studies done with copper peptides referred to AHK copper peptide, which is a specific tripeptide. As far as I know, the copper peptides in most things you're going to find on ebay and elsewhere are either just a mix-match of general protein + copper sulfate. Might do something, but it's not what was studied and showed promise.

Tricomin has AHK copper, which I've tried. It didn't help me personally. I wish there were more information about it. They've never released info about concentration. That it contains blue dye isn't reassuring. From what I've read about AHK, 2% would create a fairly brilliant blue solution on its own.

If there were a way to get get ahold of ahk at an assured 2%, I'd try it again. But for now it's under patent.
    NW2.5 Diffuse

Quote Originally Posted by jakeb
    I think the studies done with copper peptides referred to AHK copper peptide, which is a specific tripeptide.
    The studies were done with a number of different copper-peptides, of which AHK (the one used in Tricomin) was the most effective.
    1) No, damnit, finasteride for hairloss was NOT an "accidental discovery".
    2) No, you do NOT have to use minoxidil and Retin-A at the same time.
    3) No, washing your skin does NOT make it produce more sebum.

Actually Tricomin AHK-Cu is off patent now. So it would be perfectly legal to buy this compound for ourselves.

Maybe we could do a group order/buy? Would anyone be interested in buying some AHK-Cu powder and making your own 2.5% topical that was used in the studies?

The FDA studies said that it outperformed Minoxidil 2%. That may not sound earth shattering, but it works via a different function. The key I believe is to use multiple treatments that target AGA in different ways. Hideo Uno wrote a paper that touched on this, and he is one of the experts on MPB.

Human AGA invovles scaring/fibrosis and inflammation. Antiandrogens and Minoxidil and other hypertrichotics dont address that. AHK-Cu does though. The real big 3 should be Fin, Minox and AHK-Cu. I wish Tricomin was the strength they tested. But its obvious its not even close.

Here are some before and afters from the FDA phase 2 trials/studies:

This was just AHK-Cu 2.5% *ALONE* which is pretty decent to me. In combination with other treatments I think it can help promote a pretty dramatic effect.

Tricomin uses GHK-Cu doesn't it??

Whichever one Tricomin uses, there is so little of it in there that they need to add blue dye to get it looking right.

Tricomin is not an acceptable option in my opinion.

A copper peptide solution at any strength to be able to have a marked effect, would not need blue dye to look blue. Can economics really be a good enough reason for there being so little AHK-CU in there? Surely they'd sell more and then make more money if it was actually effective to the degree seen in the studies.
    The paleo diet and some other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by idontwanttobebalding
    Quote Originally Posted by powersam
    Whichever one Tricomin uses, there is so little of it in there that they need to add blue dye to get it looking right.

Tricomin is not an acceptable option in my opinion.

A copper peptide solution at any strength to be able to have a marked effect, would not need blue dye to look blue. Can economics really be a good enough reason for there being so little AHK-CU in there? Surely they'd sell more and then make more money if it was actually effective to the degree seen in the studies.

Charging $64.00 US per bottle on their site!
    Meaning they should be able to afford to put a decent percentage of peptides in there, and get better results for their customers.
    The paleo diet and some other stuff.

i've seen a cosmetic product meant for the face with 10% ghk-cu in, think that's a better option? (probably only to put on hairline and temples)