Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Caboki concealer?

Anyone ever used the Caboki concealer. It's kinda like toppik, but is made from plants and is 200% stronger than toppik or Nanogen. There are videos on their website. It's amazing how a big bald spot looks so natural. caboki.com Anyways, just wondering if any of you all have tried this before I order.

Re: Caboki concealer?

I've just tried caboki after using toppik and it's the same
    nothing new about this powders i heard that haircubed is much easier to put last longer is that true?

I never tried haircube. But some people
    Said it is a mess to apply. Does caboki hold better
    Than toppik. Just seems that caboki look
    More natural than topikk

I am a 29 yr old man with a very visible bald spot on the top of the head. I have tried three products Mirage, Toppik and this one. I like Caboki the best. It covered up my thinning areas very well. Even my girlfriend can't tell I have anything on my head. I don't know if it is purely physchological (knowing it is 100% pure plant extract vs animal furs), but my head does not itch with Caboki, unlike with others.

how to send caboki come to Europe? I live in Portugal
    In caboki website is for sale only to the U.S.

You can try amazon.com, I bought mine on amazon.

I just sent for a free sample of this stuff. I am not expecting any miracles(every concealer touts itself as the greatest thing) but I will give it a try.

Ok, I take it back, it is a miracle.

Well, ok, not a miracle exactly, but I received my "free" sample and tried it out today and it does work VERY well! I didn't even need to put on Dermmatch first(wanted to try Caboki just by itself like I saw on the videos) like I usually have to do with Toppik.

My result? Those videos aren't faked. I have pretty advanced MPB and it did just what it was advertised to do. I didn't even have to scrunch down my hair like I have to do with other concealers to avoid having that "see-through" hair.

Once again, however, had a little problem with the hairline(trying to get the fibers to go where I wanted them to), but only on the left side of my hairline. It worked pretty well with the shaker bottle on the right(I'm not a shaker bottle type of guy, well, wasn't anyway). I just had a little too much shake on the left and it caused it to create a darker line of concealer. But with my finger I was able to disperse most of that and break it up. I tried my Toppik Spray Maximizer with it to try and fix the hairline, even though it didn't fit on the small Caboki bottle, I was able to place the sprayer over it and it didn't take much product to fix.

So all in all, a promising product. I will let you know how it works during the day doing stuff and after sleeping in it tonight(hopefully it won't have fallen off my head by morning like Nanogen tended to do).

Oh, one thing I didn't care for was that even though the sample was touted as "free", the shipping was $6.99. But when I received it the shipping on the package(from New Jersey to Wisconsin) was $1.88. So they are making something on this anyway. But, because of my results so far, it was worth it. I probably wouldn't have even tried it if they wouldn't have had this promotion, thinking it was just another sprinkle-on concealer.

But it isn't, apparently. I have already ordered a regular bottle of it. Sorry Toppik, and Dermmatch, since I don't seem to need to use that with it either. I am wondering if my Toppik Optimizer(that little paper hairline comb thingy) would be beneficial to use with Caboki for my hairline. I didn't use it this time, but maybe next. I may even put up a pic of my result later.

I got my bottle of caboki in the other day, but I haven't used it yet since i have no need for it...cuz my hair is covering my thin spots....However when i get my hair cut short, I will use it and write a review........Please post pics if you do try it tonite...last poster.....

thanks

Here you are, dboy. Keep in mind I am still experimenting with Caboki.

Front:
    One from the back:

I didn't have any "before" shots this time because I didn't plan on taking any pics because I didn't think Caboki was anything special. But here are some before pics from when I wanted to show the guys at BA Hair Apparent my before/after pics so that they could help me get a hairpiece that was similar to my current hairstyle(so that it wouldn't be too obvious a change right off if I went the hairpiece route, which I am still considering). Anyway, here are those before pics from then:
    Front:
    Back:

Those before shots actually make me look like I have more hair than I do there. They were also from 2008 so I probably lost some more hair since then. It is amazing what those concealers can do for someone like me.