Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Six's Story - (Age 17, balding like crazy. pics.)

I started balding when I was 15. I'm 17 now and obviously it's gotten worse. I haven't taken any action at all yet, which is why I'm here. I just need some recommendations.
    I'm a spitting image of my father who started balding around the same time I did. He's in his late forties and hasn't lost all his hair yet. His hairline is pretty average for a guy in his forties, and his hair is thin all over. Mine is starting to look like his. I need to do something about it now.
    My hair is very thin at the crown, and in direct light it's thin all over the top. My hairline has receded pretty badly. If you could, just take a look at the pictures and give me some ideas. I know the quality is pretty low but you can get an idea. Thank you for the help.

Re: Age 17, balding like crazy. pics.

hmm. recommending the big 3 is gunna be pretty hard + unpopular given your age. you're catching it early enough that it'd probably help but who knows what the consequences of using finasteride that early could be? maybe a topical anti androgen-- i think RU is the topical one? definitely start using niz or a generic keto shampoo.
    nizoral 2%, every few days. been using it since early '10.
    1/4 of a fincar, every day. started 29/12/10
    rogaine foam, twice daily, started 13/08/12
    .5mg dutasteride, twice weekly, started 21/02/13

wish me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by kthxbi
    hmm. recommending the big 3 is gunna be pretty hard + unpopular given your age. you're catching it early enough that it'd probably help but who knows what the consequences of using finasteride that early could be? maybe a topical anti androgen-- i think RU is the topical one? definitely start using niz or a generic keto shampoo.
    I'm not worried about side effects. After reading a bunch of threads and hearing other people just a little bit older than me saying "I haven't experienced any side effects," I feel pretty comfortable with anything.
    Am I able to buy finasteride and niz at a local pharmacy?

you need a prescription which you will be able to get from a dermo if not your gp. im 16 and on fin btw, had some sides and quit for about 2 weeks but now back on and everythings fine. its worth it trust me. also get some minoxidil 5%.

Quote Originally Posted by Six
    Quote Originally Posted by kthxbi
    I'm not worried about side effects. After reading a bunch of threads and hearing other people just a little bit older than me saying "I haven't experienced any side effects," I feel pretty comfortable with anything.
    Am I able to buy finasteride and niz at a local pharmacy?
    i started just before i turned 19 so yeah, i'm probably one of those people you've read. i'd say get fincar from inhouse and generic niz from a pharmacy. cheapest way to do it.
    nizoral 2%, every few days. been using it since early '10.
    1/4 of a fincar, every day. started 29/12/10
    rogaine foam, twice daily, started 13/08/12
    .5mg dutasteride, twice weekly, started 21/02/13

wish me luck!

Re: Six's story - (Age 17, balding like crazy. pics.)

All right thanks guys. I'll try to get this stuff soon and I'll keep track of my progress and update maybe once a month or so here. Thanks for the help, let's hope I can turn this into a success story.

I have a quick question. Will I need a prescription for finasteride? Or do the strips sold on unitedpharmacies work just as well? And should I go with 5mg or lower?

Hopefully your doc will give you a script for proscar. However, some won't (like mine...and I'm not sure why). If that happens to you, then here's my advice

http://www.4rx.com/online-pharmacy/cate ... pecia.html

I've been taking Finasteride from them for the last 3 years. My hair loss went from 200 hairs a day to about 25, so I know it wasn't just a sugar pill or something like that. They have online support for questions, and they told me this: "We have more than one supplier for the same medication and we ship out according to the availability of the stock. We carry generic Propecia manufactured by GenPharma, Sunrise, Cipla and Intas Lab Pvt."

If you're worried about budget, then I would suggest going for 90 1mg caps first. If you don't have a problem with sides then make your next order the 5mg caps and you can quarter them (1.25mg) to save some money.

Use the promo code Q52EM37T during checkout for another 10% off. That's my promo code that I got for being a return customer, so feel free to use it :-)

Here's my story, so you know that I'm trying to sell you on the product...not the website :-)
    viewtopic.php?f=30&t=65594

thanks again Combover and Rawtashk. I'll be ordering some either tomorrow or tuesday, and I'll start tracking my progress with pictures here, updating every month or so.

I just bought 40 tablets of Fincar 5mg, some generic nizoral 2%, and generic minoxidil 5% so they should be here in about a week.

I took these pictures to use as a reference for later on. I'll be back when I get this stuff in the mail.