Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I've taken the plunge....your advice

Hi guys,

After much deliberation, I have recently ordered and been using Finpecia. I have also been using Nizoral occasionally. This has all come about from my hair noticeably thinning, particularly at the crown. The comments started to arrive, and my hair has become more difficult to style. I no longer go swimming anymore as wet hair shows my scalp at its worse. I'm sure there are many people in a familiar situation. Its really getting me down to be honest.....I've considered a growth stimulant but am concerned about the shedding. I've been taking Fincepia for around 3 weeks now and have felt absolutely no side effects...is this a good/bad thing?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Re: I've taken the plunge....your advice

Well 3 weeks into fin may be too early to tell whether you'll experience any side effects. It took me a few months before I started getting them. If there's one piece of advice I can give, its to stay the course. Posters on here are notorious for constantly changing their regimine after a few months of not seeing results. If you want to know if fin is really working or not, plan on taking it for a bare minimun of 8-12 months.

Usually for the first 4-6 months you should experience shedding of the thin hairs. This is followed by regrowth of thicker hairs. Although, the regrowth may take some time, so be patient. This is why many people get off fin, cause they dont see the regrowth soon enough and think its causing them to just loose their hair.

Here's some advice....

You'll be needing this in a few years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawtashk
    I'm not gay or nothing...but that last pic of you with your shirt off gave me a boner.

Don't listen to H2L. People get bitter if they have a bad experience with something. I have a friend who refuses to ride bikes and tries to discourage others from riding because his best friend died 12 years ago in a bike accident (flipped and landed wrong, breaking his neck).

I've been on it for 3+ years and have yet to have 1 problem getting it up. Keep on with your fight! My family has a history of aggressive hairloss, yet I've kept about 85% of mine. (100% of males in my family have been at least NW4 by the time they were 27. My older brother was NW5 by 24. I would consider myself NW2)

Don't listen to H2L. People get bitter if they have a bad experience with something. I have a friend who refuses to ride bikes and tries to discourage others from riding because his best friend died 12 years ago in a bike accident (flipped and landed wrong, breaking his neck).

I've been on it for 3+ years and have yet to have 1 problem getting it up. Keep on with your fight! My family has a history of aggressive hairloss, yet I've kept about 85% of mine. (100% of males in my family have been at least NW4 by the time they were 27. My older brother was NW5 by 24. I would consider myself NW2)
    Except riding a bike is a leisure activity and danger can be avoided as you're controlling the bike. When you take fin you could make yourself impotent for the rest of your life.

I'd rather be bald at age 20 (which is probably going to happen to me at this rate) than be impotent for the rest of my life. What's the point? You prolong balding for another five years? Great. You'll be able to attract women until they realize you can't get it up.

You sound like my wife. I make a point, and she thinks that I'm saying the 2 things are exactly alike. Think about it for a minute...he had a bad experience with something and now he thinks that no one should use it.

Now...was I talking about my friend on his bike, or someone on these boards who used Fin and got sides?

If you want to rock the bald, then more power to you! Personally I'm not at that state in my life yet. It's not a fact that you will get any sides, and it sure as HELL isn't a fact that everyone that takes it will get ED. If that was true, then people would have reported it and it would have gotten pulled from the shelves years ago.

I understand that something bad might have happened to people, and I'm not discrediting that...but what's wrong for you isn't necessarily wrong for everyone.

You sound like my wife. I make a point, and she thinks that I'm saying the 2 things are exactly alike. Think about it for a minute...he had a bad experience with something and now he thinks that no one should use it.

Now...was I talking about my friend on his bike, or someone on these boards who used Fin and got sides?

If you want to rock the bald, then more power to you! Personally I'm not at that state in my life yet. It's not a fact that you will get any sides, and it sure as HELL isn't a fact that everyone that takes it will get ED. If that was true, then people would have reported it and it would have gotten pulled from the shelves years ago.

I understand that something bad might have happened to people, and I'm not discrediting that...but what's wrong for you isn't necessarily wrong for everyone.

Dont listen to this limp dicked fairy....There are more and more reports that are gaining attention on the hazards of this drug. It is just growing and growing and soon fin just might be pulled after all the lawsuits.A few years later Late night you will be watching t.v. and an ad will come on saying "Have you or a family experienced so and so from the drug Finasteride, please contact Henson Law firm".

...........Keep effing with your natural hormones if you want to

Remember..the changes in your libido/erections can be very subtle over the course of time..

Rawstash probably doesnt even notice how much his penis has differed from before even started taking the pill....
    I'm not gay or nothing...but that last pic of you with your shirt off gave me a boner.

Really? I mean...fu(king really? You start making personal attacks and insults towards me because I'm trying to help give someone advice?

Wow, dude. Wow....

come on now, play nice.
    The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on!

Quote Originally Posted by Hate2LoseIt

Information

Ban entered successfully.

Back to previous page