Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast

All we need to know about Bimatoprost for regrowth

Edited Title. We just talked about this a little in the exp. treatment section, but since this is FDA approved, has been used for years by women to grow eyelashes quite long, and has minimal side effects unlike another growth stim. we are currently chained to for life, let's put it in growth stimulant section. We need to have a group buy and get a reliable producer to make bulk powder, as using the tiny amounts for eye-lash treatment is impractical for hair loss. There was a thread created where a few guys back around July were trying it out...

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact...it=bimatoprost

Basically, looks like some people were messing around with it, but not using enough, and not for nearly long enough, and mixing it with minox. Only side effect mentioned so far is the changing of the hair follicle color as well as the color of the iris of the eye. ...as long as it targets the grey

Someone in the thread mentioned bulk ordering cheap bimatoprost tablets and even provided a link but they'll have to explain what on earth they're talking about because that's just weird as the drug has never been in the form of a pill.

Re: All we need to know about Bimatoprost for regrowth

Good. I would like to see a presentation of the drug, and studies in relation to hair loss.

Is any studies on bimatoprost and AA being done at the moment?

EDIT: First video now correct

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZaKR...e_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhBvd...eature=related

Lol, sounds like they're not even using enough in the videos, yet they're still getting good regrowth! Balding stump-tail macaque studies plus these videos. This isn't some five-year-away hampster fur regrowth bulls**t. Those are real people, middle-aged in fact, growing real hair. I'm sold! But I don't want to change my eye color lol.

I've seen claims that it can change the color of your iris. This makes me sceptical. I've bad vision but a beautiful eye color I don't know if I want longer eye lashes either, lol.

I guess microdoses on the crown, would be fine.

Latisse contains 300mcg/ml.

The prescribing information says that the eyelashes are expected to return to baseline when you stop using the drug. That women would risk brown iris for a temporary increased lenght, thickness and improved color of the eye lashes is madness, and as if that wasn't enough, the drug is very expensive.

To be honest, I don't think this is an option for us at the moment. We should focus on topical anti-androgens. There is nothing like it. They take care of the problem, and if anti-androgens like RU58841 and CB-03-01 are unable reverse the miniaturization, I fear that nothing is able to do so.

Sorry Enden, I double posted one of the videos.

Briefly, it's a prostaglandin analog first used to treat glaucoma, then accidently found to grow eyelashes, then re-packaged as an eyelash growth stimulator, and now the next phase of its evolution is obvious. I have no idea how many studies are running or have run, but I'll look into it.

Despite what the vid. says, I don't see how it could not have systemic side effects. That said, I'd settle for the possible bimatoprost side effects over minox bloat, heart palpitations, wrinkles, etc. any day. Already we know it can change hair and iris color at small dosages, but only in a small percentage of people. That's the worse side effect apparently.

No joke, I don't see life-long minox use as safe for the heart at all, not in people using it topically just for MPB, who have already experienced sides in the short time on it. I don't want to be on long enough to find out. I've already had at least one close call. That stuff is toxic, except that it grows hair. The cardiovascular system is not something to mess around with, and bimatoprost fortunately does not do this. The only way we'll really know about bimatoprost is to try it at the optimal dosage. I'd gladly risk any potential side effects to give it a test run. I wouldn't be surprise if there are as yet unknown side systemic effects, but I'd be willing to bet nothing as scary as minox. A great many vitamins and supplements impact prostaglandins, and the results are generally safe and healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Enden
    I've bad vision but a beautiful eye color
    Well, If your bad vision is the result of increased intraocular pressure, then bimatoprost might solve that problem too.

I don't know if I want longer eye lashes either, lol.
    Why the hell not? Women (at least in america) absolutely love long eyelashes. Like adore long eyelashes, lol.

That women would risk brown iris for a temporary increased lenght, thickness and improved color of the eye lashes is madness
    My point exactly, just goes to show how obsessed with eyelashes women are! They think it's soooo sexy. No,

and as if that wasn't enough, the drug is very expensive.
    That's why it would be nice to get one of these fine chem. companies on board to produce the powder. It's a whole new huge market for them outside of AAs.

To be honest, I don't think this is an option for us at the moment. We should focus on topical anti-androgens. There is nothing like it. They take care of the problem, and if anti-androgens like RU58841 and CB-03-01 are unable reverse the miniaturization, I fear that nothing is able to do so.
    Now I think you've gone mad If anything has the power to reverse miniaturization, it is a very powerful anti-androgen (we have several) IN SYNERGISTIC COMBINATION with a powerful growth stimulant (we have one mediocre one). We've gotta step up the game in the growth stimulant department.