Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Omega 3 6 9 Fish Oil

I don't know if this subject has been discussed before and I know it probably doesn't do a whole lot for hair loss but I've been taking 2 capsules for a while now daily and I used to take them after eating. Recently I visited my dr and she said that you actually get more potential from fish oil capsules if you take them before sleeping at night. She said that your body is at rest and the supplement can work the best then. Just wanted to share and also wondered for anyone who takes this supplement, if they have heard this before...thanks for your time.

Re: Omega 3 6 9 Fish Oil

I don't think omega 6 oil supplementation is really needed as western diets contain very high amounts of it. I take omega 3 capsules but as soon as I finish this bottle I'm switching to a liquid version of omega 3 fish oil, free from mercury, pesticides and other harmful substances.

BTW. Plant based omega 3 oils are sh*t in my opinion as they are estrogenic!

So actually this could be adding to hair loss?

I wouldn't take fish oil. By the time it's stuck on the store shelf, it's gone rancid. If you want Omega 3 in your diet, the best way to get it is to either eat a lot of fish or to take Krill oil. Krill oil has Astaxanthin which is an anti-oxidant, so it keeps the krill oil from going rancid.

BTW, omega 9 is not needed.

With that said, newer research is suggesting that what we really need are PEO's instead of EFA's. PEO's are Parental Essential Oils, such as Linoleic Acid (LA) and Alpha Linoleic Acid (ALA). Best ways to get LA & ALA are to use Krill oil, or drink sunflower oil and to eat raw, unrefined seeds and nuts.
    OMG, I looked at finasteride and my penis turned black! But you know what they say. Once you go black, you never go back...

I thought you can tell if fish oil is good just by biting into the capsule. I bite every one of them. They taste fresh to me. Would I be able to tell if they were rancid? Mine have vitamin E added as an anti-oxidant. I still have them 2 years past the expiration date, and they taste great just like when I first bought them (I stocked up. Low price)
    Support instant round robbin voting (Condorcet), which elects the candidate who would win every head to head race. Next best is Approval voting, which lets you vote for your favorite, or two you like equally, in addition to the lessor of evils you think you have to vote for, so you don't split votes like the current voting system. The major parties will always have power if voters are afraid to vote for any other than the big lessor of evils.

NW4

Rogaine Foam (started 16th April 2009)
    Fluridil (started 8th Jan 2011)

Ketoconazole shampoo 3xweek
    Piroctone Olamine Shampoo 2xweek

I believe I had rancid fish oil capsules before - I had stomach upset about a half hour after taking them every time. Now I only buy a 1-2 month supply every time instead of the false economy of a 6 month supply. They just go off otherwise.

I dont believe they have any bearing on MPB but could be a decent general health supplement.
    "Even back then, I exuded self-confidence, and that drives women crazy.
    Especially in a bald man. Women love a self-confident bald man. Anyone
    can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man --
    there's your diamond in the rough." - Larry David

I usually buy mine at Whole Food where they have them in the refrigerated area but yeah, I'll not get any 9s and just omega 3. Could these capsules accelerate hair loss a bit more compared to not taking any? Also is there any truth about Vitamin H (Biotin) helping with keeping your hair healthy? Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by jasinfla
    I don't know if this subject has been discussed before and I know it probably doesn't do a whole lot for hair loss but I've been taking 2 capsules for a while now daily and I used to take them after eating. Recently I visited my dr and she said that you actually get more potential from fish oil capsules if you take them before sleeping at night. She said that your body is at rest and the supplement can work the best then. Just wanted to share and also wondered for anyone who takes this supplement, if they have heard this before...thanks for your time.

This is what I have always been saying, and why????

Do you guys know?

I try to eat a tablespoon of chia seeds a day. They contain more omega 3 than any other plant. Per teaspoon contains 3.2g omega 3 ALA and 0.9 omega 6 LA. I'm vegetarian so it's a good way to include omegas in my diet.

Quote Originally Posted by jasinfla
    Recently I visited my dr and she said that you actually get more potential from fish oil capsules if you take them before sleeping at night.
    Your dr is an idiot. Fats should be taken with meals otherwise what do they bind with? Only water-soluble supplements (ex. vitamin b,c) should be taken on an empty stomach.