Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments

Fastening a wig with glue?

I fasten my wig with tape. Does anyone know if there is such a thing as wig glue? If so, how can I get it?

Re: Fastening a wig with glue?

Of course, tape is still the simplest and quickest way to attach, but you can also use liquid adhesive on a wig. There are 2 ways to do this - the messy way and the easy way.

The messy way is to apply the adhesive directly to the base. If the perimeter of your wig is Poly or ThinSkin (solid material), it will hold really well, but it's an unholy mess trying to clean it up.

The easy way is to apply Transpore single-sided tape to the base and then "paint" the adhesive onto the tape. When it's time to remove and re-attach, you just peel the tape off the base (along with the adhesive) and throw it away.

completely agree with grimoire, using just adhesive is messy.

use a 'liner' tape to line the permieter of your wig, then use adhesive on top of this line. when it comes to clean ups, you can simply pull the tape off
    Female hair loss sufferer since 1996 (androgenetic alopecia). Tried practically everything on market to treat and camouflage. Want to share my knowledge so you donít make the same expensive mistakes!

oops, did not post about glues!

strongest glue is Ultrahold, it does hold (in an ultra way!) however, it takes an age to get off as well. if you need your wig bonded for weeks then go for this

otherwise there are other glues which give bonding time os 1-2 weeks such as Liqui-tape and Mitt-Tite

its a bit of trial and error regarding adhesives, what works well for one may not work so well on someone else, you'll find your perfect adhesive

n.b. there is a glue stronger that Ultrahold called Top Priority - but this is a permanent bond, cannot be dissolved and can only be cut out of hair, so not really suitable for this

xxx
    Female hair loss sufferer since 1996 (androgenetic alopecia). Tried practically everything on market to treat and camouflage. Want to share my knowledge so you donít make the same expensive mistakes!