Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is beef good for you?

I'm mostly vegitarian. I wonder if my joints would recover faster if I started eating beef. The dairy cows are the ones that suffer standing in their poop. The beef cows roam freely on the range.

The only problem with meat is you have to freeze it, separate it, cook it, and clean everything it touches. Plant stuff is much easier.

how many people die from mad cow each year?

And no matter where you buy protein, it is all 40 grams per dollar. You can get it cheap with bones and skin, but then you are paying for the weight of the bones, skin, and fat, and doing the work of removing it.

If you buy beans, egg whites, yeast, milk, skinless boneless chicken, or $3 per pound lean meat, it is all 40 grams of protein per dollar. The only difference is the other health effects and the fact that milk and beans have carbs too. You can get cheaper beans, but you have to prepare them. You can also pay higher prices for any of these.

I want to buy nutritional yeast, but the B vitamin content is so high. I want more than fda, but not that much.
    Support instant round robbin voting (Condorcet), which elects the candidate who would win every head to head race. Next best is Approval voting, which lets you vote for your favorite, or two you like equally, in addition to the lessor of evils you think you have to vote for, so you don't split votes like the current voting system. The major parties will always have power if voters are afraid to vote for any other than the big lessor of evils.

Re: Is beef good for you?

I dont get why people are veggies?

Is because the 'cruelty' to the animals?

How many people die from tainted spinach/tomatoes yearly?

Vegetables are important in ones diet but you should really add some animal protein in there. It will truly make you healthier, oh and dont forget good fats.

Ill think youll see you inflammation go down.

Cruelty to animals is my main reason, though cost and prep work are other reasons. I don't think cows are treated bad at all, so I don't mind eating beef. I don't want to eat any other kind of meet though. Fish are really healthy. I go back and forth on the ethics of that. We know that dolphins are intelligent because they use tools.
    Support instant round robbin voting (Condorcet), which elects the candidate who would win every head to head race. Next best is Approval voting, which lets you vote for your favorite, or two you like equally, in addition to the lessor of evils you think you have to vote for, so you don't split votes like the current voting system. The major parties will always have power if voters are afraid to vote for any other than the big lessor of evils.

Dolphins are intelligent Wild dolphins have even started to learn the walk on water trick from tamed dolphins. Just for fun, they dont obain anything from it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/earth/hi/earth_ne ... 116120.stm

But you dont eat dolphins, do you?

Everything in moderation, including meat, vegetables and fruits. Be sure to have a balanced diet. If you eat beef portion control, pork, poultry, fish, you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    Cruelty to animals is my main reason, though cost and prep work are other reasons. I don't think cows are treated bad at all, so I don't mind eating beef. I don't want to eat any other kind of meet though. Fish are really healthy. I go back and forth on the ethics of that. We know that dolphins are intelligent because they use tools.
    Dolphins are intelligent but fish aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Nene

How do you know? Have we watched all species of fish as closely as we've watched dolphins, in captivity and out of captivity? Have we given them the opportunity to show their smarts? Were there independent studies, other than those done by people who want to prove they are not intelligent so we can profit from them?

Quote Originally Posted by Nene

How do you know? Have we watched all species of fish as closely as we've watched dolphins, in captivity and out of captivity? Have we given them the opportunity to show their smarts? Were there independent studies, other than those done by people who want to prove they are not intelligent so we can profit from them?
    Dolphins are mammals with highly developed brains. Fish have little pea brains.

"Fish typically have quite small brains relative to body size compared with other vertebrates, typically one-fifteenth the brain mass of a similarly sized bird or mammal" - Wikipedia

We don't need studies, fish are stupid.

I want to eat some bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms sauteed in hamburger. I don't know if I could handle the CRON diet. I could, but I'd just have to eat that less often.

The paleo diet and some other stuff.