Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

German scientists turn stem cells into hair follicles!

Don't know if this is new or real. The page is in german, here is the
    link via Google translate:

http://translate.google.com/translat...n.html&act=url

Re: German scientists turn stem cells into hair follicles!

This appears to be legit from googling it and seeing it a couple of other places.

Hopefully we will hear more on this soon.

I think I have an easier time trying to read the article in German than trying to read Google's translation. Can somebody give a synopsis on this story?

That's good, hopefully this will speed the process up, the more companies investing in this the better, the first company to come up with a substantial solution for hair loss, will reap the most money. So maybe will see something within two or three years, instead of five years

Quote Originally Posted by KP211
    That's good, hopefully this will speed the process up, the more companies investing in this the better, the first company to come up with a substantial solution for hair loss, will reap the most money. So maybe will see something within two or three years, instead of five years

And propecia and Bosley are just going to sit on their hands and sigh that the golden days of profit are over? I'm sure they will have lobbyists slowing this down with the FDA here in the US, or buying out the companies or something.

I stopped following the story so I'm not sure what exactly happened but didn't Bosley buy up Intercytex as a partner, so if they did come up with anything good they could just infuse it with their ****tier programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Re75
    Quote Originally Posted by KP211

And propecia and Bosley are just going to sit on their hands and sigh that the golden days of profit are over? I'm sure they will have lobbyists slowing this down with the FDA here in the US, or buying out the companies or something.

I stopped following the story so I'm not sure what exactly happened but didn't Bosley buy up Intercytex as a partner, so if they did come up with anything good they could just infuse it with their ****tier programs.

good point but does that really effect Europe and Asia? I mean does Bosley have power over there too?

What do you guys think; Is it a fools hope to think that we`ll have some kind of "cure" within the next 5 years? Meaning unlimited supply of donor-hair or some kind of injection that makes the hair grow back. This meaning that one person can have a full head of hair, and not a thin transplanted one caused by limited supply of donor hair...

I know that it`s impossible to predict, but I feel that we cant compare it to the old days, since we now have so many corporations working on this, and the winner will surely get loaded with cash! One would believe that the chase for a cure would be imense these days... But that`s only my opinion. If I were to predict something, I would really guess that there would be something happening within the next years.

obviously no one can really predict. People have been saying 5 years from now for the longest but whatever the cure is and whenever it comes out i think it will be related to stem cells.

Just the other day i read an article about how stem cells might had cured HIV.

5 years, yes... I guess that something should happen within the next 5 years, but as we both agree on, no one can really predict, but after some years of trying and failing, the science should have made it this far by now. Especially since there are so many corporations working on this at the moment... I know that there are many people who were talking about the same things some years back, but if you look at the present time, I would believe that the science has come so far that there SHOULD be a solution soon..(meaning the next 5 or so years..)

Are there any scientists who has predicted any solution on the MPB?

I guess that the people who will come up with a cure will make more money than Bill Gates, and I guess thats a motivation for pretty much everyone in the buisness

Stem cells would maybe be my guess as well... I guess something that they can inject into the scalp so that the hairs that are "down" would start to regrow. But I will find a lot of comfort if they only can give a person unlimited source of donor hair as well. This would give us a full head of hair...though maybe a bit expensive, but I guess if there will be something like this on the market the more people will get involved and the prices will go down...