Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No cure?

No cure?

Hopewas (a user here) sent a quote from NYU's Washenick which said that there will 'never be a secret ingredient for hair loss that works'

That is just so hard to believe.

Humans are able to:

-Split atoms
    -Clone humans
    -Grow human body parts on animals
    -Reach the Moon and one day Mars
    -Send signals from your cell phone up to a satellite in space and down again to the other side of the planet in under a second to talk to someone
    -Soon will genetically program anyone's baby to have any physical attributes you want, and choose the sex of the fetus

Bull**** they can't find a cure, it's total crap.

They just aren't putting out the resources or time to find a cure, that's all.

But it's there.

Rawbbie, the key word was "secret". IE, if theres a cure, it wont be on some tiny web site you found at the bottom of a google search, you'll see it all over the news. (or at least, all over these forums!)
    **** all that bull****! 1mg fin, 1-2 times a week!!

God that news will hit us like a bomb. How happy will be when some geneticist identifies what is really going on?

Cure? Hairloss isn't actually a disorder to CURE. It's genetic. The only way to "cure" hairloss is to physically change your genetic code...which could have some rather interesting rammifications if not successful
    ---Stingray---
    The key to immortality is to not die.

Stingray is right on with this one.

As a biology major who just took Genetics at CU, I have discussed this subject at great lengh here.

The term "cure" is a very deceptive word in terms of MPB. In the case of pattern lose a FULL CURE would constitute gene therapy that alters somatic and germ lines cells. A "cure" that meets this criteria might not be seen in our lifetime; however, I do full expect MPB to be a choice or a poverty nonchoice within this decade.

Furthermore, I think what Washenik meant with that comment is that you're not going to find some mythical folklore cure to MPB. The steps towards a true cure are progressive and everyone will know when that final step is made.
    who made you the leader of this outfit?

Quote Originally Posted by RalphyWiggum
    Stingray is right on with this one.

As a biology major who just took Genetics at CU, I have discussed this subject at great lengh here.

The term "cure" is a very deceptive word in terms of MPB. In the case of pattern lose a FULL CURE would constitute gene therapy that alters somatic and germ lines cells. A "cure" that meets this criteria might not be seen in our lifetime; however, I do full expect MPB to be a choice or a poverty nonchoice within this decade.

Furthermore, I think what Washenik meant with that comment is that you're not going to find some mythical folklore cure to MPB. The steps towards a true cure are progressive and everyone will know when that final step is made.
    By 2010? Interesting. Is this because of hope with HM? Topicals such as RU?

Better living through chemistry???

I wonder how many of us are suffering from hair loss, due to the environment, the chemicals in our food, the hormones (esp. estrogen) in our food?

THEY (the people who really run the country) don't want us too happy!

Another thought, what would we do if we woke up tomorrow with a full head of hair??
    mariejoe
    low carb fan

By 2010? Interesting. Is this because of hope with HM? Topicals such as RU?
    I'd say both. The RU and the BMP treatments to be released in the next five years should help everyone and anyone who wants to prevent MPB (at a cost of course) and TE/HM should restore the hair of those who already possess the shorter end of the stick.

I wonder how many of us are suffering from hair loss, due to the environment, the chemicals in our food, the hormones (esp. estrogen) in our food?

nah, its genetic man. We might be suffering from MPB EARLIER than ever due to these factors but they certainly aren't enough to cause someone who isn't genetically predispsed to hair loss to lose their hair.

I disagree with your second comment also. The powers that be want us to be happy and oblivious (obviously the happier your are the more apathic you become). Chomsky would call this manufacturing consent....
    who made you the leader of this outfit?

Quote Originally Posted by mariejoe

Another thought, what would we do if we woke up tomorrow with a full head of hair??
    Oh mariejoe, I could tell you right now. I would call up the girl I am way too insecure to make a move on and ask her out. I'd then visit the hairdresser and get one bad-ass spiked haircut.

And I would probably buy a round or 2 of drinks for anyone in this forum that is local.

Forgive my ignorance but what are HM, RU, and BMP?
    My regimen

Isotonix-OPC 3-once a day
    Minoxidil 5%-once a day
    Nizoral 1% every 3rd day
    Neutrogena T-gel-Mixed with Nizoral