Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Unclever and attractive vs genius and unattractive

What do you guys think, is it better to be unclever and physically attractive than being a genius and very unattractive in our society?

I would say the first-mentioned.

Re: Unclever and attractive vs genius and unattractive

Some attractive unclever people will probably get heaps of luck in life, you know what I mean?

Attractive people get more...uh attention towards them.

Who are people more likely to feel sorry for in these circumstances?

A) Pig-ugly man gets murdered/dies.

B) Attractive man gets murdered/dies.

I've witnessed it first hand...peoples reactions differ. I'm not talking about people that know the dead person, I'm talking if its on the news and randoms see it.

In 9 times out of 10 choice B)

Attractive people get undeserved attention. Even if they`re dumb as **** or pure idiots.

A very interesting Norweigan program I saw made an experiment to see what power an attractive appearance has on people. Two girls were put on a train station together with two heavy suitcases each. One of them was very ugly and unattractive and the other one a blonde, slim and very cute looking girl. They wanted to see which one of them was getting the quickest and most help from people when they needed to go up from a staircase with those bags.

Neither of them couldnt do it without some help. Instantly the blonde cute girl was offered help and they repeated the process over and over again and found the same results. What about the ugly one? Well, it took over 3 minutes before the first man came and offered help.

Suprised by the results? Im not.

such is life man. we gotta put up with this ****.

it's just annoying that some are born with good genes and some arent.

Some are born rich, some are born on the streets.

We gotta use what we got, and milk it for everything it's worth.

depend on what your goals in life, i think a stupid/unclever + attractive will eventually be much much happier in our society, yet im having hard time choosing because brains is rare these days more then looks even-though dramatically underrated.

btw, i've found that most girls either unclever and attractive, or smart and unattractive... if you are to meet that combination of the two then dont let it get away. (basically thats why im alone, im not going to settle when choosing the person to spend the rest of my life, its all or nothing for me, no matter how shallow that sounds coming from a bald man)
    "our greatest glory is not in never falling, but rising each time we fall"

My thread

For a woman, life will be better if you are dumb and attractive.

For men is the complete opposite. If you really started from the bottom and have the ability to use your intelligence in the right way to climb to the top, being attractive can be a serious obstacle for your career, unless you want to be an actor or something, and even Hollywood is full of attractive guys who will probably end up killing themselves when they become old and find they never build a career.

As an ugly dude and, according to some, intelligent man, as I grow older I'm starting to realize it wasn't as bad as I believed.
    Sure, I lost all the fun, but I must admit I feel joy at the envy I attract these days when talking about my life with schoolmates from my youth who I was way behind in looks.
    I earn more than them, have defined plans for my future that while ambitious are not just fantasies and them are stuck in sales jobs as they just went to university for the ladies, already divorced with a lot of debts and yes, that kind of life has taken a toll in their looks department.

Being dumb, attractive AND rich is another thing

Nothing.

Dumb but attractive females will not have many problems in life because there will always be shallow enough men out there to fall for them.

However, for males, you need to be a lot more than just a buff, attractive looking hunk to succeed in life.

Doesn't matter if you're a prettyboy meathead that all the girls under 25 find irresistable, if you have no career prospects and job security, then ultimately you're just going to end up an average sh*tmuncher with very little wealth & very unattractive to any woman with serious ideas for a future.

Looks are secondary as far as women are concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by seb View Post
    ha,yes these females(I use the term loosely) dont want too be straddled by some spiky-haired,pretty boy,they want too be abused,what better man,than a big,bald,monster.It feels damn good at the time,but when I have emptied my tea-bags,and back in the dark room I inhabit,then the shame,guilt,and emptiness begins.

But if you have BDD and you're unattractive. Your ****ed. Look at these guys that come here and consider suicide.

sure i get depressed, but hairloss is compounded with all other bull**** hands I've been dealt with. I don't consider suicide !

Depressed people will get nowhere. Theres a reason why a lot of guys here are unemployed and miserable, yet the people on slybaldguys seem to live life normal.

I'm not saying you need to accept your hairloss, having hair is great but if i lose it all...i'll try everything to keep my chin up.

Nothing.

"Grant me the serenity
    To accept the things I cannot change;
    Courage to change the things I can;
    And wisdom to know the difference."

Sorry, this one is way overused I know, but it applies perfectly to everyone on this forum, especially the 3rd line.

A lot of guys who accept baldness and move on in life subscribe to this mantra. They maintain that embracing hairloss allows them to concentrate on the things that REALLY matter in life, like their career and future happiness. Definitely something to consider...
    Quote Originally Posted by seb View Post
    ha,yes these females(I use the term loosely) dont want too be straddled by some spiky-haired,pretty boy,they want too be abused,what better man,than a big,bald,monster.It feels damn good at the time,but when I have emptied my tea-bags,and back in the dark room I inhabit,then the shame,guilt,and emptiness begins.

more like grant me the remedy to exterminate the enemy
    before i commit a felony