Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Resveratrol & Curcumin

Been reading a bit about these supplements and it seems that although they can be difficult to absorb they can be effective anti-inflamatories and maybe other things as well.

There's quite a bit of talk on other HL forums but is anyone here using resveratrol and/or curcumin?

How are you getting along with it?

Re: Resveratrol & Curcumin

I use turmeric in a hell of a lot of stuff, it is delicious. Screw the health benefits, learn to use this spice because it will improve your quality of life through more delicious food.
    -Stopped my form of MPB through a simple diet change. At least 10% of the rest of you would respond from removing gluten from your diet as well.

-The modern day high carb diet is somewhat idiotic, out of the three caloric food sources it's the only one that the body has ZERO need for.

How about this combo http://www.letstalkhealth.com/Symple...ules-p/621.htm ..if you're worried about absorbability. They have some other combos as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Brains Expel Hair
    I use turmeric in a hell of a lot of stuff, it is delicious. Screw the health benefits, learn to use this spice because it will improve your quality of life through more delicious food.
    I have read on this book:
    http://www.amazon.com/Anticancer-New-Li ... 0670020346

that you have to mix turmeric with black pepper and a bit of oil for it to have any effect. I am sure he referred to oral turmeric but it makes sense to mix it with oil as topical, too.

When researchers in Taiwan tried treating cancerous tumors with turmeric delivered in capsules they discovered that it was very poorly absorbed by the digestive system. In fact, when it is not mixed with pepper - as it always has been in curry - turmeric does not pass the intestinal barrier. Pepper multiplies the body's absorption of turmeric by two thousand!!

I mix my 95% turmeric (curcumin) extract along with some plain turmeric, MCT and palm oil, and pepper extract (piperine or bioperine.) Not only does this preparation greatly increase bioavailability, but MCT oil has the ability to cross the blood-brain-barrier, and palm oil will keep the mixture from oxidation.

I'll sometimes take the curcumin mixture along with 99% 1.5 micron resveratrol, green tea and grape seed extract. However, the jury is still out on whether consuming quercetin along with resveratrol is an overall good idea.

Other times I will add CoQ10 along with some d-limonene and a choline source for enhanced absorption. This should rival ubiqunol for effectiveness at a much cheaper pricepoint, especially good for those over 50yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom
    Been reading a bit about these supplements and it seems that although they can be difficult to absorb they can be effective anti-inflamatories and maybe other things as well.
    I read that resveratrol is absorbed much better if taken with curcumin. There is a patent for this.
    Support instant round robbin voting (Condorcet), which elects the candidate who would win every head to head race. Next best is Approval voting, which lets you vote for your favorite, or two you like equally, in addition to the lessor of evils you think you have to vote for, so you don't split votes like the current voting system. The major parties will always have power if voters are afraid to vote for any other than the big lessor of evils.

vitamin C
    fo ti extract
    eclipta alba plant
    amla berry extract
    lingstrum fruit
    millet extract

Thanks for the links, resveratrol and curcumin look really promising. The big question is can we absorb enough to make a difference though?

I have been taking Bioforte Resveratrol and curcumin that has bioperine (black pepper) for better absorption for the past 2 years and my hairline has continued to recede. I still take it though for potential health benefits.

vitamin C
    fo ti extract
    eclipta alba plant
    amla berry extract
    lingstrum fruit
    millet extract

doggfather, your regimen notes that you also take Propecia among other things...