Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Wait til I'm 18 to start Propecia, or demand it now.

My Dermatologist told me to use minoxidil 5% right now for my hairloss, but said I should hold off on Propecia because I'm only 16. However I've been noticing an increase in hairloss (could just be my mind playing tricks on me, I never know anymore.). Anyway, do the experts here think I should follow my doctors advice and wait, or should I beg and plead for it. I know doctors are usually right, but I'm feeling a bit panicky.
    My regimen

Isotonix-OPC 3-once a day
    Minoxidil 5%-once a day
    Nizoral 1% every 3rd day
    Neutrogena T-gel-Mixed with Nizoral

Re: Wait til I'm 18 to start Propecia, or demand it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Theguy
    My Dermatologist told me to use minoxidil 5% right now for my hairloss, but said I should hold off on Propecia because I'm only 16. However I've been noticing an increase in hairloss (could just be my mind playing tricks on me, I never know anymore.). Anyway, do the experts here think I should follow my doctors advice and wait, or should I beg and plead for it. I know doctors are usually right, but I'm feeling a bit panicky.
    Ouch tough call man. I would start with a topical DHT inhibitor like Spiro and also use Minox if your hair is noticably thinning. I'm not sure using Finasteride on a 16 year old body is a good idea. I know my body has grown a lot since 16.

bump

start with the topicals

i been usin rogaine for a day now and i think my hairs already gettin thicker no joke. or maybe its in my head.

Re: Wait til I'm 18 to start Propecia, or demand it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Theguy
    DHT is directly responsible for the growth and formation of the male genitalia. Age isn't this issue, the issue is puberty. If you are still growing then you do not want to take finasteride. Your doctor is right, hold off!

D

do you actually have any bald spots or is it just thinning overall?

Thinning overall.
    My regimen

Isotonix-OPC 3-once a day
    Minoxidil 5%-once a day
    Nizoral 1% every 3rd day
    Neutrogena T-gel-Mixed with Nizoral

keep it cool man! you'r too young. Minox and nizoral for the moment, and propecia by 20 or 21 years old.

Definitely hit it with a topcal like Spiro or Zix.
    **** all that bull****! 1mg fin, 1-2 times a week!!

No propecia, don't DARE touch it at your age.

I wouldn't even touch spiro or any topical DHT.. just get on minox for now and see how it goes.

Your hair looks thicker after a few days of minox because of the PPG in the solution is just making your hair cosmetically thicker.. as if you put gel or hairspray in it.. when i used 2% minox the same thing happened and i thought my hair was getting thicker overnight too =)