Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

One month on Xandrox 15, devastating shed...

Hey guys,

so over the past years I've pretty much tried every product on the market in the battle against hairloss. Unfortunately, most products didn't do anything or only made things worse. I only had some mild succes with minoxidil 5%; it thickened and darkened my existing hair and gave me some slight regrowth at the temples.
    I decided to give Xandrox 15% a shot, hoping that my moderate gains with the 5% would return and improve. I realised that I could expect a serious shed, but after two weeks I really started losing sh#tloads of hair.. I'm one month in now, and my hair looks horrible; very visible thinning all over and especially the left side (the part behind the temple) looks almost completely bald

I'm really hoping that this is just a temporary shed and things will improve in the upcoming months. But I've read some horror stories on xandrox that freaked me out and would just like to hear from other users what their experiences are. Did you have a (big) shed? Are things looking better now?

Thanks for reading, take care.
    Funniest post ever: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18479.

Re: One month on Xandrox 15, devastating shed...

Some additional info: for the first 2 weeks I used a dermaroller before i applied the Xandrox 15, for increased absorption. I also used about 1,5 ml. every night instead of the recommended 1ml., to get full coverage. I stopped this routine once I saw how much hair I started to lose, and just use 1 ml. or less now every night. I am a diffuse thinner, so it's not like I'm suddenly shedding in places where there was no hairloss before.
    I just hope this horrendous shed stops quickly or I'll be completely bald in a matter of months I do see some black hairs popping up along my right temple. Nothing yet on the left side though, which happens to be the place that got hit the most over the last month.

Any input from fellow Xandrox15 users? Thanks alot.

I used 5% minox and got almost all my hair back. . Then I started using Xandrox 15. . That was a terrible mistake. Now my hair is worse than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Megnus
    I used 5% minox and got almost all my hair back. . Then I started using Xandrox 15. . That was a terrible mistake. Now my hair is worse than ever.
    F#cking hell.. really? Not the kind of reassurance I was looking for lol.. For how long have you been using Xandrox? Did you stop using it? What are your plans now?

Quote Originally Posted by joshua
    Quote Originally Posted by Megnus
    F#cking hell.. really? Not the kind of reassurance I was looking for lol.. For how long have you been using Xandrox? Did you stop using it? What are your plans now?
    i never recomend minox to anyone, u risk just loosing hair and it now coming back, my advice? get off it.

Quote Originally Posted by patrik
    i never recomend minox to anyone, u risk just loosing hair and it now coming back, my advice? get off it.
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts but it's not like i'm questioning if minox is entirely not for me. I did have some results from 5% minox, and it did not cause any increased hairloss.
    I'm think hopping on the 15% xandrox after being off minox for a while has been a bit of a shock for my hair.. I lost a crapload of hair in mere weeks, and can only pray it will come back soon and not get any worse than it is now. Therefore I'm seeking some experiences from other xandrox-users who had positive results with the product after an initial (big) shed.

Joshua, shedding can be a pain. But in regards to minoxidil, you HAVE to ride it out, otherwise it will be all for not because hairs that were shed won't improve without it

Quote Originally Posted by timbo
    Joshua, shedding can be a pain. But in regards to minoxidil, you HAVE to ride it out, otherwise it will be all for not because hairs that were shed won't improve without it
    In the past I never cared much about shedding since I still had enough hair to cover thinner parts up. But my hair was already pretty damn thin before starting Xandrox and now after a month of usage I can't style my hair without pouring Toppik on the left top part of my head, just behind my temple. I find that a strange spot to suddenly lose so much hair so I really hope it fills in again quickly, just like all other shed hairs and hopefully some more!
    I never really noticed a shed while on 5% minox. That stuff did make my hair look healthier & thicker (but did nothing against the fallout). Just praying this dreadful shed with Xandrox is a sign of much better things to come...

Edit: Timbo, i see you're also using Xandrox. What are your experiences, did you encounter a shed? Are things looking better now?

Edit: Timbo, i see you're also using Xandrox. What are your experiences, did you encounter a shed? Are things looking better now?
    Yes, Xandrox15 has done wonders for my hair. No, I never experience any "shedding."

Quote Originally Posted by timbo
    Yes, Xandrox15 has done wonders for my hair. No, I never experience any "shedding."
    Alright man, glad to read it's working for you. I'll just have to ride this one out and hope to be able to post some positive results in the nearby future.