Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

TRC-like HM trial by Canadian company

seems to be a new kid on the block but they are only carrying out a phase 1 trial of a hm methord that is supposed to clone the hair follicles in a method similar to TRC but phase 1 has only began so it's too early to say

http://www.trichoscience.com/

i just hope unlike intercytex these people have a REAL business model rather than ****e

Re: TRC-like HM trial by Canadian company

I've gotta hand it to you, this is the most promising start-up in this area I've seen all year. Kudos for posting it.

Very interesting website, and like you say they appear to be on similar lines to TRC. It's interesting that they've put an estimated cost on the website - potentially more expensive than HT, but not by astronomical amounts.

All they need now is some capital. A few enterprising, balding venture-capitalists could make some real money out of this if they were willing to invest. If they had real cash to spare, they could even look at buying the intellectual property Intercytex have so far created on their HM project. Time will tell.

Simple & Effective Cell Replication Technology

The TrichoScience technology and procedure has been developed over nine
    years of research, experimentation, and trials. The mechanics of the
    procedure are remarkably simple:

As few as 10-20 hair follicles are extracted from a patient

The patient's follicle cells are laboratory replicated through the cellular replication process

The replicated cells are injected back into the patient's areas of thinning hair
    or baldness

The implanted cells induce the formation and growth of new hair follicles and
    also help rejuvenate damaged hair follicles

The anticipated long term result is the restoration of a full head of hair that has been seeded by the patient's own natural hair cells.

I check in here from time to time to see what is up and on occasion I'm rewarded with gems like this.

Sign me up, sounds like they have been working on it a while. I wonder how long Phase 1 will last?

Interesting find. I imagine it's going to take some time though. Maybe 5 years!?

Yup, 5 years from now we will have a working operating HM system! write the date in your calendars!
    Bye

It's easy to joke about it, but if they do have the funding, and the science is sound, then there's no reason why this couldn't be on the market in 10-15 years. A few companies are trying this now, and some have failed, but the idea is stirring in the scientific community and we'll get there eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by Boondock
    t the idea is stirring in the scientific community and we'll get there eventually.
    Maybe but as it seems, all the hype usally dies with the copanies and i honestly think that this section is waste of breathe, there is nothing that can grow hair with density needed to put the butcher method aside, and we wont have anything SOLID for public use in the next 25-30 years (some medications even take more then 50 years, mostly due to FDA regulations, which is -btw- a good thing, i dont want to have a full head of hair at the price of a brain cancer)
    Bye

I know there's a lot of hype out there, but I suspect the reason most people here are so cynical is because they've got their hopes up before, and don't want to be disappointed again. Pessimism is insurance against feeling the pain of false promises.

From my standpoint, the science at least makes sense. The trouble is in the application of it, and in the bringing of it to the market. We'll have to wait and see, I guess.

People cynical because the companies are - they promise to bring cure while they barley have a working concept just to cause hype around their hokus-pokus treatments so they can raise money and then go bankrupt, its ridiculous and i fell for it countless times, now i know that its only a game of money and i shouldn't take things too serious unless something *real*, that works, every time and can grow actual thick hair comes out... i think i gained the right to be cynical then, dont you agree?
    Bye

No, I don't agree at all. These companies don't simply make hype and promises. There's plenty of posturing and exagerrated timescales, sure, but in the end their results come down to clinical trials, conducted in as rigorous a way as possible. You can boast when it comes to your PR statements, but if the trials don't show success then ultimately your product's dead in the water.

That's the difference between these treatments and treatments such as, say, procerin. They might ultimately fail, but they're not just scams to try and rinse money out of people.

Edit: To save any confusion, the blanked out word there was p.rocer.in (hopefully that came through). It's clear that I'm not trying to promote the company in this post!