Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Experiment: Needling scalp w/ Histogen Regenica

I bought some of Histogen's Regenica, and I've been applying it with a dermaroller for about a week.

No detectable results yet.

I will keep everyone updated.

I have no reason to believe that this product is any different than the one they use for hair regrowth. According to their submission to the Stem Cell Summit 2008, their Regenica product contains WNT factors. They don't talk about filtering out particular growth factors but collecting all of them.

Re: Experiment: Needling scalp w/ Histogen Regenica

keep us all posted. I'd be VERY interested to hear about your results. I imagine a lot of people have been thinking about this since histogen released their results.

Which regenica are you using? The have the day/night care versions, but there is also a version that is intended for after 'resurfacing'. I imagine the resurfacing one would be closet to what your after, but haven't seen anywhere that sells it

i somehow have some feeling that they won't be the same thing
    sice regenica is a skin care product, hair growth would be seen as a BAD thing
    it's also not unusual for companies to keep their cards close to their chest if they are at the brink of a breakthrough like this

saying that it does piss me off that HM is completely hindered by all this bull**** about the hair not regrowing right, i mean if you look at the first transplants and how invasive they were and the toothbrush heads your got from them and this is AFTER it came out onto the market but it never put people off getting them
    also i haven't seen the results being explicit on dosage or method
    if they injected it then it could give better results

saying that keep at it and if you grow a super thick NW1 then i'll be sold lol

I agree, I dont think it's going to be exactly the same. Regenica is, in histogens words

"a diverse mixture of actives including human growth factors such as Keratinocyte Growth Factor, soluble human ECM such as collagen, and embryonic proteins which supports the epidermal stem cells that renew skin throughout life"

It would stand to reason that it should just help create cells of the type already there. I dont see why it would create hair cells in an area that didnt have any already.

maybe add a bit of lithium or other WNT promoter to the mix might help?

yes go down to your local CVS and buy some lithium in a vial next to the chewing gum section. just sprinkle some lithium in therrr right? wtf r u talking about monkeyking?

epictetus, i was actually thinking of doing the same thing...
    cept i was too lazy/skeptical. I asked them if Regenica for face grows facial hair like the hairloss Regenica and this is what I got:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you for your interest and inquiry.

In response to your question, increased facial hair growth was not seen in our clinical studies. Although the skincare and hair regrowth products share the ReGenica name, the formulations and delivery methods are quite different. What they share are the combination of embryonic-like proteins and growth factors which are gained through Histogenís proprietary tissue engineering process. Certain proteins (specifically Wnt proteins in regards to hair regrowth, wound healing applications, etc.) and growth factors have been shown to trigger your own bodies stem cells to become a new hair follicle, heal a wound, etc. The formulation for skincare helps to replenish the proteins produced by your cells, such as collagen and Keratinocyte Growth Factor.

I hope this has helped to answer your question. Please feel free to contact me directly at the email address below if I can provide any further information.
    Thank you,
    Eileen

Eileen Naughton Brandt
    Director of Corporate Communications
    enaughton@histogeninc.com

Then I said i was a balding woman thinking she would have pity on me and tell me Regenica facial works on your head.... but she didnt reply to that one

Quote Originally Posted by bababooey
    yes go down to your local CVS and buy some lithium in a vial next to the chewing gum section. just sprinkle some lithium in therrr right? wtf r u talking about monkeyking?
    lithium orotate is a health food supplement, available over the counter, and its cheap and easy to get.

Some of the guys who were experimenting with follica type experiments were using it as a WNT upregulator - the signal pathways that are involved in telling cells to turn into hair.

I have no problem with your ignorance, but perhaps you need to think things through more before posting and looking like a cock

In order to become as enlightened as you, I googled WNT and lithium. Wow they fed MICE lithium(the strong version not the otc) for 8 weeks and saw increase in mice bone mass through WNT signalling. From that, a scientific mind as yourself can conclude that taking and "maybe add some lithium in the mix" should roughly be the same? Scientifically speaking ofcourse.

I dont come here pretending to know something that I really dont, I just question people who do.

You were right about lithium being available otc...

Epic,

any progress on your head?

bump. Would really like to hear if you've made any progress with this? Any results?

+1....Please let us know, it's been about 2 months now.