Hair Loss Treatments
Hair Loss & Alopecia Information, Support, and Treatments
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    UK the Home of the worst HT surgeons in the world

Re: New, Axe Pomade and styling paste, cause hairloss????

I doubt its anything to do with the styling product.

As I always say DONT COUNT SHED HAIRS ITS IRRELEVENT.

However many hairs you find on your pilliow/sink ect it does'nt matter, all that matters is how the hair on your head looks.
    Shedding is natural, Brad Pitt probably sheds 100's of hairs everyday but as long as the hairs on your head are still growing it does'nt matter.
    *Voice of reason on HLT since 2007*
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS
    I don't need to marry the woman I'll get HM for that. just need to have fun for a month till she finds out, and have a fast turnover rate if she dumps me. If the piece looks good turnover shouldnt b a issue. Just break contact with her & her friends if she has a bigmouth
    it is not your lack of drink, but muscles or face thats the reason. The only reason they'd want you to drink is so you focus on that and dont hit on them I don't even go to partys, at least not till I get more muscle on my arms.

I'd agree with s.a.f.

The more hair you have the more you will lose, think Homer Simpson with his 3 hairs, he never lost any but he was still bald!

It's pretty unlikely that the styling product is causing baldness, bu if you shed every time you use it, and get other reactions like redness/irritation you might have a allergy to something in it? It'd be unusual but possible.

You could try just putting some on the bare skin behind you ear and leaving it there for 30mins, then check if its red at all, if it is, I'd stop using it as you are allergic to something in it.

Quote Originally Posted by LeesHair
    I'd agree with s.a.f.

The more hair you have the more you will lose, think Homer Simpson with his 3 hairs, he never lost any but he was still bald!

It's pretty unlikely that the styling product is causing baldness, bu if you shed every time you use it, and get other reactions like redness/irritation you might have a allergy to something in it? It'd be unusual but possible.

You could try just putting some on the bare skin behind you ear and leaving it there for 30mins, then check if its red at all, if it is, I'd stop using it as you are allergic to something in it.
    I'm going to have to disagree. I've been using the product for about maybe two months now and my hair has thinned out considerably. So much so that it has gotten to the point of almost being patchy thin. There is definitely something wrong with this product. I have no history of MPB in my family. I'm actually thinking about consulting with a dermotologist about this. I've stopped using the product and am trying to figure out my next move. Is something like this generally temporary... is my hair going to come back?

Quote Originally Posted by finfighter
    Take some pictures of your hairloss and post them, it will give us a better Idea of whats going on, thanks!
    I'll try to do that this afternoon. Thanks.

Prior to this Axe business you couldn't even see my scalp. The path of the loss pretty much covers the path of application of the product for me. I can remember a few times when a glob of the stuff was on my scalp in the now loss areas. I really hope this is temporary and not something that is going to either get worse or never get better.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by finfighter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan1
    Prior to this Axe business you couldn't even see my scalp. The path of the loss pretty much covers the path of application of the product for me. I can remember a few times when a glob of the stuff was on my scalp in the now loss areas. I really hope this is temporary and not something that is going to either get worse or never get better.
    Wow dude that's crazy! You know I started loosing a lot of hair when I used the axe pomade, and I figured that it was probably just a coincidence; but, now I'm seriously starting to wonder if this stuff really does cause hairloss for some people.
    The thing is I'm just not sure why it would, if it does cause hairloss it must only be in a minority of the users otherwise this would be off the market by now. Thanks for your post man, maybe we are allergic to an ingrediant in the product, which axe pomade were you using? And are you sure that you never experianced hairloss or thinning before using this product?
    I assure you that I've never experienced anything like this before which is why I noticed it relatively quickly. I was using the actual pomade product (purple container). I don't know whether it's caused by clogging of hair folicles or hair breakage because the pomade is so think. I pray that it's the breakage and not some chemical/ allergic reaction.

How long ago did you stop using the product? Has your loss corrected itself or stayed permenantly?

I'm not using the product anymore as of last week. I got online and ordered the product that I was using previously since it's no longer available here. I'm still considering seeking the advice of a dermotologist.

Hey guys, first of all I want to thank you for starting this discussion. There may be more guys out there having the same problem. I've always had thick hair and never had any problem with hair loss or thinning. A few months ago I started to notice my hair thinning all over but noticeably in the front top of my head quite rapidly. I've been going crazy trying to figure out what may be causing it and I even went to the doctor to rule out any sort of disease or vitamin deficiency. I was left to believe that it was just male pattern baldness but I don't think it is. It wasn't until I started to think of any changes in my daily routine that may have contributed (diet, sleep, stress etc.) I have actually been using the Axe hair products for almost a year, but I started to notice the thinning shortly after I started using the paste. Before that I was using the cream and before that the pomade. I just stopped using it a few days ago so its too early to say but I'm hoping it starts to fill in.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew34
    Hey guys, first of all I want to thank you for starting this discussion. There may be more guys out there having the same problem. I've always had thick hair and never had any problem with hair loss or thinning. A few months ago I started to notice my hair thinning all over but noticeably in the front top of my head quite rapidly. I've been going crazy trying to figure out what may be causing it and I even went to the doctor to rule out any sort of disease or vitamin deficiency. I was left to believe that it was just male pattern baldness but I don't think it is. It wasn't until I started to think of any changes in my daily routine that may have contributed (diet, sleep, stress etc.) I have actually been using the Axe hair products for almost a year, but I started to notice the thinning shortly after I started using the paste. Before that I was using the cream and before that the pomade. I just stopped using it a few days ago so its too early to say but I'm hoping it starts to fill in.
    I did the same thing as you with the trying to assess changes in my daily routine and that was really the major one that I came up with. The timing lined up with about when I started using the product. I used to use La Bella brand pomade but the store that I buy it stopped carrying it so I switched to the AXE since it was new and seemed to fit the bill. Like I said, I stopped using it last week and am now hoping that the damage is reversible on it's own. If this helps someone then I'm glad. I really had to scower the internet to find something about this. I assume it's because it's a new product that maybe the inquiries haven't been very much. I wouldn't be surprised if we start seeing more and more of this. My advice is to keep the unused portion for any future actions. I'll have to check the container for a phone number.